It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Post! - ATS Members, problems "fitting in" ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
a reply to: conflictor

"Friends" are merely people who can benefit from knowing you at a certain time or place. As soon as a situation gets too thin for their liking, they will leave you in the dust.
Blood "family" are just people forced to be with you. They don't have to "get you". Many times they too would leave you in the dust once they find greener pastures. Especially siblings (talking from experience).

A spouse is someone who wants to be with you and wants to understand you, through thick times and thin times.

If you have a happy marriage/good spouse, then none of the stuff ur talking about should even matter. I'm in the same situation as yourself but I don't even have a wife. Count yourself lucky. But there is 1 girl special to me for years now and she's the only person who gets me and that I care about getting me. It's more than enough. Don't burden yourself with caring about ingrates, the ignorant, or superficial connections. It took me years to overcome it and to accept who/what I am. That's what I can advise now.

Well said. I agree with most of it. I don't feel that I burden myself with not fitting in. Make sure you keep that girl close, I feel that way with my wife.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: conflictor

Have you had similar experiences to mine?

As a video gamin', headbangin', stargazin' outcast I can see where you are coming from.

You's be surprised what brings people together. I have more fingers than friends, but I chose those friends wisely. Most of us don't share the same passions but we are passionate about what brought us together-and that's just great.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join