It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in S Carolina Receive Menacing Robo Calls about the Confederate flag

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Banned implies they were forced, is that the case with dukes?

What show is the first one? Because one of them looks like a comedian from mad tv...

a reply to: Greathouse

I would say the action that caused this was the shooting, not sure how it can seen any other way.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I would hope so. After reading the comment sections elsewhere, I don't think people are falling for this line of bull.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would say the action that caused this was the shooting, not sure how it can seen any other way.

Here in lies the problem with our debates and why they seem to go on endlessly . You think critically I think laterally . Of course everyone knows that the shooting started the debate I took it for granite from our previous discussions that you know I'm not stupid .

But there are many other angles involved including political pressure. And tell me how could that coldhearted show man. Not be exerting the upmost political pressure as president by preaching against the flag while standing atop his friends body ?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I would have to agree to disagree it was purely a political move to preach against a flag that had no business flying there even before the event.
I think that gets lost in all this, there has always been issues with that flag, people have just remained silent about it.

Did it have something to do with what he said, sure.
Can't deny that possibility

Was it it purely the reason? I would have to say no.

Obama is a person to, with feelings, he also has the biggest stage to let them be known.
He lost a friend, to a man that decided to act on his hate and that man also championed that flag.
Seems pretty relevant to talk about.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The first is Hogan's Hero's.

I never watched the Dukes. I never had any love for the Confederate Flag.

I always felt like they would never except their defeat in the Civil War.

Some say Southern Pride, some say it's their birthright.

Problem is like the Swasticka its a cool symbol(not its meaning it's design)

So, there's that.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If he would've simply ask for the removal from the Statehouse I would be in full agreement. My problem is with the text of his statement he completely vilified the flag while only looking at one part of the discussion . Here's a quote from the eulogy .

" For many, black and white, that flag was a reminder of systemic oppression and racial subjugation. We see that now. "

To me that was a complete attack on the flag itself not solely upon it flying at the state capital . Completely in line with political correctness he was telling us what to think not asking our opinions .

I have touted my feelings on political correctness . I miss the days when people actually said what was on their minds. Instead of saying what they believe other people want them to think .

edit on 6-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why can't that be what he really thought?

Are you sure that wasn't what was really on his mind at that time?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Well you should be happy to know that the show is still on CMT, so it has not been banned.

So both hogans heros and dukes is still on the old boob tube.

Kinda makes you wonder who made that meme and how much they care about facts...

I never watched either show, but Hogans heros is about the allied effort in ww2 at the end of the day no?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorry dude I'm still lateral thinking so I'm a step ahead of you I apologize.

I in fact believe he was saying what was on his mind.

What he was doing was setting the bar of political correctness. So that everyone that is worried about how they appear will feel the need to side with him .
edit on 6-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Man even if I DIDN'T support taking the flag down, after getting a robo-call, I'd jump positions immediately. Nothing makes me madder than unprovoked solicitation. In fact, I generally dislike solicitation in general. Point two: If you are going to robo-call me then start immediately preaching hyperbole, I am DEFINITELY not going to listen to you.

They first posted on Friday, with a picture of men in camouflage in a helicopter aiming assault rifles.

“We believe in a scorched earth policy towards the left — the same policy they have towards us,” the group posted.

'Nuff said...

Which is why it is just as likely this is a far left campaign designed to smear Confederate flag supporters.
It is organized, costs money, both of which confederate flag supporters are lacking but the crazed liberal left loonies are ready to spend and organize at the drop of a hat.

An obscure newly created form of censorship will not have organized opposition but the Obama machine of community organizing the sheeple is fully funded and organized.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Gotta love THAT rationale. If it is annoying and well organized, it CAN'T be Conservative. It HAS to be Liberal. Is it just SO hard for you to accept that Conservatives can be just as annoying as Liberals can?

Besides, the rhetoric and hyperbole pushed in those robo-calls is no different than the rhetoric and hyperbole you'd find on any far right "news" blog. Seems like it would resonate well with the uneducated Conservatives it is being aimed at, so if Liberals were TRULY behind it, it would fail as a disinfo campaign.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Perception is reality. The Confederate Flag is now a symbol of bigotry and racism, like it or not.

Suppose if when you were 5 years old your mother made up a story about red balloons. You loved it so much, she told it to your family every night. Then one day you all decided to paint red circles on your house's front door that happened to be black, just to remind you of the joy the story brings you. It becomes very meaningful to you and your family, especially after your mother died of old age.

Then years later a racist moves next door and likes this design...reminds him of blood on non-white people or something stupid. So he paints his door the same way. And all his buddies do like wise and it becomes a symbol of their unity. Eventually your happy ballon door is used at hate rallies, is on racist t-shirts and becomes globally linked to this racist movement.

Do you re-paint your door?
edit on 7/6/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Scorched earth eh? These guys REALLY don't know spit about their own history do they?
One march to the sea coming right up. Let's fight over that flag one more time and see if it takes this time. I'll pack my carpet bag and come down to take care of your widows after your reaction force makes Obama stop "right here right now". I'm sure a robocaller was only necessary because these elite warriors were training, not because there's only a couple of them and they were terrified that they might call a black person by mistake.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And now Fox news has picked up this very ad and aired into a live broadcast recorded sometime today from Columbia.

Source

What I find ironic about this group is they claim to herald Saul Alinsky tactics.

edit on 6-7-2015 by Daedal because: wrong city

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Daedal

Holy crap more about the damn dukes??
I know that wasn't all of it but they are using it as the catalyst.

I am not for banning it, I am for taking it down in SC where it only went up as finger to the civil rights movement.

They erected the flag in 1961 to honor the Centennial of Succession.
It was not in response to the Civil Rights movement.

So it's in celebration of TREASON then - much better.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow talk about hatred, bulldozing whole city's, wiping out our collective cultures as a nation. What progressive utopian state are you living in. Oh yeah im from NY and we think of every other state as inferior to!a reply to: TonyS

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The confederacy got its ass kicked.
They were shamed and utterly defeated.

Now I do not care if you want to fly a flag of shame on your own land but not on public land.
No one is calling for a ban of the flag. Were still let people fly the nazi flag, just not on public land.

You still have the right to fly symbols of shame and defeat on your own land.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

If he would've simply ask for the removal from the Statehouse I would be in full agreement. My problem is with the text of his statement he completely vilified the flag while only looking at one part of the discussion . Here's a quote from the eulogy .

" For many, black and white, that flag was a reminder of systemic oppression and racial subjugation. We see that now. "

To me that was a complete attack on the flag itself not solely upon it flying at the state capital . Completely in line with political correctness he was telling us what to think not asking our opinions .

I have touted my feelings on political correctness . I miss the days when people actually said what was on their minds. Instead of saying what they believe other people want them to think .

Some universities are also calling for a ban on women wearing hoop skirts for the same reason (University of Georgia). It seems all that someone needs to do is say that some item was popular during the era of slavery, so therefore it should be banned.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101
The confederacy got its ass kicked.
They were shamed and utterly defeated.

Now I do not care if you want to fly a flag of shame on your own land but not on public land.
No one is calling for a ban of the flag. Were still let people fly the nazi flag, just not on public land.

You still have the right to fly symbols of shame and defeat on your own land.

You do realize that the civil war started not because of slavery but because of politics and states seceding, it wasnt until much farther into the war that slavery was used as a way to garner support for the union army, and No the confederates didn't get their A$$ kicked it was extremely close, hence the reason for so many dead. the only reason the union army really won, was the infrastructure that was already in place for the union army to use, like railroads, manufacturing, etc.... I'm from the South, Born in England, not racist, and love this country. I just think your comment was ignorant to say the least. A flag is a flag, it only takes a few idiots to make a symbol for the racist movement. Most in the south are not racist, and care very much about blacks, whites, hispanics. WE need to stop bickering with eachother, and realize that this is what this goverment wants, to tear down our united, and divide and conquer. wake up people

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Never understood the flag being kept up, since they lost the war, but damn if I think people should not be allowed freedom of speech! I also find it extremely suspicious how this situation of the flag has escalated. Just like everything else these days, our liberties are disappearing rapidly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join