It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in S Carolina Receive Menacing Robo Calls about the Confederate flag

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Over the course of the fourth of July weekend and throughout this week, a newly formed organization launched an ad campaign or blitz style robo-calls ahead of today's debate in S Carolina on removal of the confederate flag.

The organization, called, the conservative response team, dropped some 40,000 robo-calls since Friday on unwitting S Carolinians. The aim of the group, as evidenced by the call, is too garner support in the capital against the removal of the flag.

However, they also have a YouTube and Facebook page. The image profile on Facebook is of men in fatigues holding assault weapons, appearing as if they are in a helicopter rearing for battle, including other intimidating imagery.

On YouTube, and the only video I could find, is the same voice over used in the robo-calls; however, if you watch the video and correlate the imagery with the narrative, the overall context and message is ignorant.

YouTube video

Source

The message, featuring an eery-sounding and likely digitally-generated voice, was paid for by a group called the Conservative Response Team (CRT). According to theirFacebook page, the group dropped 40,000 robocalls. They will continue to do so throughout the July 4th weekend and next week.

Alternative Source
edit on 6-7-2015 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 6/7/15 by JAK because: url format

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
" Mr. Obama please quit building this wall"

Reagan paraphrase .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Holy crap more about the damn dukes??
I know that wasn't all of it but they are using it as the catalyst.

I am not for banning it, I am for taking it down in SC where it only went up as finger to the civil rights movement.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Damn obama made roof shoot the people in his racial hatred?

That's new.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So much ignorance, so much hatred and so much misplaced loyalty. Its utterly amazing to me that so many 'Mericans are so willfuly blind to the truth and the reality of the times in which we live. That the "South" is dead as a culture, much less the Confederacy, has altogether escaped them. I guess it should come as no surprise to any of us that they've failed to understand that the "Country" into which they were born, the US, which they always talk about as wanting to "take it back", is passing quickly into the ash bin of history. They'll never figure that one out. What a pack of losers.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if places like Charleston shouldn't just be bulldozed altogether. They're museum pieces kind of like the Roman ruins. And in a country that's constantly remaking itself, the "museum pieces" are just focal points for hate and rage.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Damn obama made roof shoot the people in his racial hatred?

That's new.

OK I read that statement five times and don't get it?

Explanation please?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Any organization who does robo calls

should be taken behind the woodshed

and not brought back.

I don't care what the cause is, rather I like it or dislike it,
rather I approve of their cause or disapprove,
or if it is a charity or political group of any persuasion,
robo-calls or any type of solicitation calls
are pure and shameless unwanted harassment
and an invasion of privacy.

That's why I have caller ID.
Don't recognize the number?
Don't recognize the name or moniker listed on my caller ID?
I won't answer.

I have learned from somewhere on the internet,
real specific and provable,
not,
but it has worked so far.

When I get repeat calls over and over
from the same unwanted or unknown number/organization:
I answer with
"Take me off your call list and do not call again."
If I can get the whole sentence out
before they hang up
they are supposedly legally obligated
to never call again.

So far it has worked,
but they try to hang up at the speed of lightening
once I start my statement.
So makes me think doing this is legit
to get them to stop.

Only been embarrassed once out of the
multiple, multiple, multiple times I have done this
when it was someone I wanted to talk to:
He laughed and said, I'm so and so, you asked me to call.
I apologized and the man said, hey I don't blame you,
I hate those calls too.

I assume if it is someone I want to talk to , the first time they call -
they'll leave a message and I will call them back.

No message left that I want to respond to,
call again, they get the "don't ever call this number again,
take me off our call list"
One organization called after I did that and I said,
"You call again, I'm contacting authorities for
stalking and harassment,
I already told your group never to call this number again."
They never called again.

Even robo-calls hang up immediately if I start this statement.

I include the police and fire company fund raisers
in this category.
Even though I very much support the police,
I find the phone call fund raisers an invasion of privacy
and borders on harassment.

To summarize this is how I handle those calls:
First call: do not answer,
anyone who is worth talking to will leave a message

Second call: answer with
"Take this number off your call list and do not call again.

Third call: answer with
"I have told your organization to take me off your call list
and to not call again.
One more call and I'll report your organization
to authorities for harassment and stalking."

Never had to get to Fourth yet.

edit on 1Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:11:49 -0500pm70607pmk061 by grandmakdw because: addtion deletion format

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Man even if I DIDN'T support taking the flag down, after getting a robo-call, I'd jump positions immediately. Nothing makes me madder than unprovoked solicitation. In fact, I generally dislike solicitation in general. Point two: If you are going to robo-call me then start immediately preaching hyperbole, I am DEFINITELY not going to listen to you.

They first posted on Friday, with a picture of men in camouflage in a helicopter aiming assault rifles.

“We believe in a scorched earth policy towards the left — the same policy they have towards us,” the group posted.

'Nuff said...
edit on 6-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Took me a bit to figure out what you meant in the context of the op was well.

Came up the barry is increasing the racial devide.

If I was wrong foot in mouth for me.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Holy crap more about the damn dukes??
I know that wasn't all of it but they are using it as the catalyst.

I am not for banning it, I am for taking it down in SC where it only went up as finger to the civil rights movement.

They erected the flag in 1961 to honor the Centennial of Succession.
It was not in response to the Civil Rights movement.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if places like Charleston shouldn't just be bulldozed altogether.

Makes sense. (rolling my eyes.)

The calls are ridiculous but hate is stupid.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The South is far from dead, as a culture. It may be changing, but that is what time does.

And bulldoze places that others don't like? Are you serious?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This whole situation really makes me mad, im as far away from a racist as they come, I graduated from a highschool, an our mascot was the Rebels, and we had Dixie cheerleaders, Southside Highschool with the Johnny REB. Now after all this attack on the confederate flag, they are going to TRY and do away with it. It goes far beyond race, which has nothing to even do with our mascot, and more to do with traditions and culture, I had hoped my son and daughter would graduate as Rebels, I know it sounds crazy, but if you weren't born and raised here, then you wont be able to relate very well, Nothing to do with race, I cant stress that enough.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

So much ignorance, so much hatred and so much misplaced loyalty. Its utterly amazing to me that so many 'Mericans are so willfuly blind to the truth and the reality of the times in which we live. That the "South" is dead as a culture, much less the Confederacy, has altogether escaped them. I guess it should come as no surprise to any of us that they've failed to understand that the "Country" into which they were born, the US, which they always talk about as wanting to "take it back", is passing quickly into the ash bin of history. They'll never figure that one out. What a pack of losers.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if places like Charleston shouldn't just be bulldozed altogether. They're museum pieces kind of like the Roman ruins. And in a country that's constantly remaking itself, the "museum pieces" are just focal points for hate and rage.

Most people dont the confederate flag was made in the 40s as a protest to civil rights and not being able to lynch blacks. Had zero to do with the actual civil war. . . .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yup, also in my opinion he's attacking the Constitution . He seems to appreciate guns and free-speech only when they fall within his criteria .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You do realize people like...live in Charleston, right? And Savannah. And Boston. And Atlanta. And Washington, D.C.

All places with very, very rich history.

Even the idea that you can entertain the notion of bulldozing entire cities is mind boggling. I thought we were supposed to deny ignorance, not wear it like a warm comfy blanket.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

All which have nothing to do with SC making this decision.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I Think they've only reduced support for their cause.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We've had this discussion before. I think it should be taken down from the state house also.

But I think it has everything to do with Obama. Because he preached against guns and the Confederate flag over the body of a friend is during the eulogy.

Or are you saying the circumstances that precipitated these actions against the Confederate flag don't apply ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join