It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

750,000 Tons of Smuggled Frozen Meat Seized In China Smuggled From United States, Australia and Urug

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ok so there is alot of frozen meat being smuggled into China, could this be a potential trojan horse? What say you ATS?

Customs and border protection department in Pu'er City, southwest China's Yunnan Province, cracked down on three smuggling cases and seized 750 tons of frozen meat recently.
The cases involved frozen chicken wings, chicken feet, beef and pork, which was planned to be sold to Kunming City, capital of Yunnan Province.
The frozen meat was mainly smuggled from the United States, Australia and Uruguay, according to local authorities.
A total of 420 tons of the meat was seized in Jiangcheng County, while the rest was confiscated in Lancang County. Police also detained 36 trucks.
All the cases have been transferred to the office for combating smuggling within local government for further investigation.
www.chinesedishes.tk...
www.scmp.com...

edit on 6-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Fixed Title To Accurately Reflect The Facts

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Jeeez, they worry about meat being smuggled in from the US, and other western countries, While the West worries about Heroin, and Bad Pharmaceuticals that are fake, being smuggled in from China, Nice trade off. LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

i think someone found a way to make some scratch smuggling.
thats about it

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Try 420,000 Tonnes (four hundred and twenty THOUSAND)

Work on 500g/person/day and that works out to 2000 people for 1 tonne of meat/day or 840,000,000 people fed 500g of meat for one day.

Government has to be in on it - that's huge business.

What gets me is that this is an underground market for LEGAL produce, there's got to be millions and millions of chooks running around, lots of pigs and cows too - it's not like drugs or oil or children being sold on the black market - it's bloody chicken wings and stuff.

Maybe parts of China really has run out of cat and dog on the menu??

and frozen - thats lots of shipping reefer-containers holding a hell of a lot of meat produce.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok I just don't get it?? don't they have meat in China, they are running out?!? it's a huge frickin' country, can't they raise enough!?!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
Ok I just don't get it?? don't they have meat in China, they are running out?!? it's a huge frickin' country, can't they raise enough!?!

Could be a false flag or something, to slip in some new biotech bug, or it could be nothing. It just seems rather odd, and people are always saying chinese food is posionous. . . . . Just sayin. . . . .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

The problem is the food supply for the meat. It takes up a lot of land that could be used to grow agricultural products for people. Chinese meat imports are expected to hit 750,000 tons by 2023-24, and grow over 3500% by 2050.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That picture is chicken feet.... is that meat? hehe

As nasty as the Chinese are in what they use to cook with, eat, food manufacturing etc one can only get cold chills what the "meat" is like once it hits the table cooked...

edit on 6-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The problem is the food supply for the meat. It takes up a lot of land that could be used to grow agricultural products for people. Chinese meat imports are expected to hit 750,000 tons by 2023-24, and grow over 3500% by 2050.

Yeah but why not do it legally?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

That IS legal imports. They might not be able to put enough out there that everyone can get as much as they want, so people are getting it through the black market.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That IS legal imports. They might not be able to put enough out there that everyone can get as much as they want, so people are getting it through the black market.

Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we found out China was responsible for 750,000 tons of illegal smuggled meat into the USA. You bet homeland security would be all over it as it could be a potential trojan horse type of attack, or a soft kill. There have been cases of virus chickens smuggled into China before, just saying anything is possible. Of course I would hope not, but it looks fishy as all heck. It has to be a big opperation to get so much meat over there and illegally smuggling it via various countries. . . . . It looks pretty bad to me. . . .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised to learn the meat was destined to find its way back to the US.

I have heard on tv shows some if not most commercial salmon are caught, frozen, shipped to China, thawed, processed and refrozen and shipped back.

So I am guessing anywhere there is a possibility to make a buck legally somebody will try to make more doing it illegally.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did you guys miss the really important part of the news???

ome 800 tonnes of smuggled frozen meat have been seized by Chinese authorities, including one batch dating from the 1970s, state media reported.

ummm

edition.cnn.com...

Maybe meat is like wine and get better with time?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

They started finding that last year. One of the biggest restaurant suppliers in China got busted last year for using meat that fell on the floor, workers not using gloves, and taking old meat and repackaging it with a new expiration date.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

OK, think about all the weird things you hear about them eating in China: bugs, anything that comes out of the water, cat, dog, different bits of the animal like the uterus, penis, balls, intestines, feet, etc. You don't really think someone picked most of that stuff up and ate it by choice do you? You don't think dog and cat actually taste like choice chicken, beef or pork do you?

Nope, it's what they can get. Most authentic Chinese cuisine was developed around making the most of what was available, not what they would have preferred to eat.

So, yeah, they smuggle in meat because there are more of them than there are meat animals.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The thing you should account for is that it is probably other Chinese sending the chicken feet too.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Given the ability to freeze meat and transport it by container ship from the USA/Europe to China and back again, it becomes quite profitable to export cheap raw meat from the USA/Canada, process it in some way, and import it back again as a final product, taking advantage of whatever tax incentives both the home and destination countries offer.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Yeah but why not do it legally?

Whilst I can't quite believe it, maybe China have some sort of food standards that these are buy passing.

Australia certainly does on growing and killing and exporting (pretty low IMO but there are).

This adds cost.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

They started finding that last year. One of the biggest restaurant suppliers in China got busted last year for using meat that fell on the floor, workers not using gloves, and taking old meat and repackaging it with a new expiration date.

It is just hideous what they do in China. How cheap can they get for a Buck? How about the baby formula that killed a good number of babies before it was found out that the formula was just filler and nothing else...the babies were starving...

Gutter oil

Crop fields fertilized with garbage that has batteries, car oil, chemicals etc all part of the garbage that is ground up to put on the crops...

Illegal slaughter houses that spring up to kill the dead and sick animals that can not go to the real slaughter houses. I been all over the world and I'm afraid to go there and actually eat anything or breath the air.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Headline last week about your video.

That meat was from the 1970's!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join