It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your genetically-enhanced, cyborg future.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Im going full cyborg first chance i get IF they do it the prosthetic body direction. Ill be able to change gender as easily eventually as putting on a suit by switching out my brain into another shell body.

Join us, it's free: humanityplus.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: edward777

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: edward777

You are right to say that even the most advanced prosthesis we have today, will likely appear as no more interesting than a hand carved chunk of wood to the residents of the future. However I do not believe that it is in any way certain that in the future, people will have limbs removed so that more powerful, more adaptive and versatile limbs can be put in place of them. I believe that by the time where this would be desirable, there will be nano machinery which can alter the construction of a pre-existing limb, and entire skeletal structure, in order to provide the user with an adaptive, versatile, augmentation to their bodies, without the need for amputation.

For example, fibre bundle muscle augmentations grown and grafted directly onto muscle by nano machines, could enable a user to jump higher, run faster, work harder, while another group of nano machines cover the skeletal system in a complex mesh of carbon nanotubes so that they are not destroyed by the increased stresses resulting from the up tick in muscle power. Tendons and ligaments could also be augmented to optimise them for the new power and stress tolerances they would be under.

The very skin of the body itself could be augmented to prevent burns, reduce radiation penetration, or retain heat in the event of cold atmospheres. Eye function could be augmented by nano machines printing new cones or rods in the eye, extra ones. This could lead to human beings becoming routinely capable of tetra chromatic vision for example. We will reach that point before people start whacking limbs off just to get metal replacements.

Yes, adaptation may be another route for people. Truth is, nono-tech is the ultimate game-changer in regards to humans. For instance, you could change your gender or race at the cellular level. Think of how this will change the sociological aspects of human existence!

There may come a day where what you describe is not only possible but essential for humanity to progress past a very dangerous period in our history.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Im going full cyborg first chance i get IF they do it the prosthetic body direction. Ill be able to change gender as easily eventually as putting on a suit by switching out my brain into another shell body.

cool.

Is there a free join page cause all i see is donate on the page im on.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: clarification

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

Brilliant post.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

What does a home mortgage loan cost these days? What about student loans needed to get a 4 year degree? What's the average out of pocket cost to get cancer treatment?

Do you think "Full Cyborg" will cost more or less than these "conventional" high cost items?
But reall why would it matter the finance plan? You'd live forever.. by then they'll probably fix you up with a 200 year loan with 1 percent interest on all those years. Thatd be a pretty low payment

Hate to burst your bubble, but "Full Cyborg" is going to cost you hundreds of thousand of dollars to own, will have a 10-30 year repayment plan/loan, will require GOOD health insurance to install, will have required monthly maintenance (deductible & co-pay please), will need "good credit" to qualify for in the first place and will need to be "insured" at least until you pay it off (like PMI).

What do you think all that will cost, per month, so you can be "Full Cyborg"?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

cool.

You're right I didn't notice there are dues now. I joined years ago.

The magazine is still free: hplusmagazine.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

cool.

You're right I didn't notice there are dues now. I joined years ago.

The magazine is still free: hplusmagazine.com...

I found a place for a basic membership. it just wasnt under join us lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I wonder. If in the future someone elects to discard their physical body entirely and exist purely on the internet, what kind of "living" expenses would they incur? It's not like you have to buy groceries anymore, or pay rent beyond maybe a small electrical box that acts as your "home" server? Think of it. World Hunger may one day be solved not through sustainable farming, but through simply uploading yourself to a form that doesn't require food. You would exist entirely in a simulated reality. You'd still eat, and feel full, but it would all be digital.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Only if it's not connected to the Dyad Institute.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I wonder. If in the future someone elects to discard their physical body entirely and exist purely on the internet, what kind of "living" expenses would they incur? It's not like you have to buy groceries anymore, or pay rent beyond maybe a small electrical box that acts as your "home" server? Think of it. World Hunger may one day be solved not through sustainable farming, but through simply uploading yourself to a form that doesn't require food. You would exist entirely in a simulated reality. You'd still eat, and feel full, but it would all be digital.

You would become the "property" of the corporation "sponsoring" your digital existence, again, as I said, a type of "Indentured Servant".
edit on 10-7-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If the server or machine that houses your consciousness is privately owned, that would be impossible. I'm referring to buying a small box to house "you", and maybe a small space in a building somewhere to provide power and internet connectivity.

No company would have to "sponsor" my digital existence. All I'd need to do is do some menial job like being a virtual assistant to earn enough money to pay the electric bills (if such a thing as electricity bills still exist by then) and internet costs (Again if such a thing still exists). Oooo! I could even work to buy myself a shiny new robot body that I can dump myself into if I want to move around the real world as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If the server or machine that houses your consciousness is privately owned, that would be impossible. I'm referring to buying a small box to house "you", and maybe a small space in a building somewhere to provide power and internet connectivity.

No company would have to "sponsor" my digital existence. All I'd need to do is do some menial job like being a virtual assistant to earn enough money to pay the electric bills (if such a thing as electricity bills still exist by then) and internet costs (Again if such a thing still exists). Oooo! I could even work to buy myself a shiny new robot body that I can dump myself into if I want to move around the real world as well.

Again, someone in dreamland...

NO COMPANY, that adheres to the financial principals of "profitable growth" is going to sell the service in this manner, look no further than Adobe Cloud as an example. At best, you will be on a long term lease and at worst you'll be an "Indentured Servant", who's bill can never be paid off, due to low wages received in exchange for virtual labor.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Youre quite the pessimist huh? It would be foolish to limit yourself to a"home" server when you can go anywhere at the speed of light on the internet.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Again, someone in dreamland...

NO COMPANY, that adheres to the financial principals of "profitable growth" is going to sell the service in this manner, look no further than Adobe Cloud as an example. At best, you will be on a long term lease and at worst you'll be an "Indentured Servant", who's bill can never be paid off, due to low wages received in exchange for virtual labor.
You're making all of these claims under the assumption that capitalism will still be a thing by then.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Youre quite the pessimist huh? It would be foolish to limit yourself to a"home" server when you can go anywhere at the speed of light on the internet.

Can you buy a car in 2015 that does not have GPS or a rear-view camera built in? There will be no net-neutrality in the future because laws will be written to end it, just as was done for new cars, that cannot be sold without a GPS or rear-view camera.

What makes you think companies will be selling products that serve the customer and not the corporate shareholders and owners. Mark my words, "Adobe Cloud" will be the type business model used to support the commercial release of the "Singularity".

You're making all of these claims under the assumption that capitalism will still be a thing by then.

Yeah, the "Owners of Capital" are going to let the Singularity ruin their party and will give up power. After all, the world still has a Queen of England, whom is a descendent of William the Conqueror whom died in 1087 (22nd great-grandfather to Elizabeth II).

So yes, there will still be "capitalism" during your lifetime.

originally posted by: eventHorizon
Brilliant post.

BTW, perfect movie reference in your avatar photo.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Can you buy a car in 2015 that does not have GPS or a rear-view camera built in? There will be no net-neutrality in the future because laws will be written to end it, just as was done for new cars, that cannot be sold without a GPS or rear-view camera.

What makes you think companies will be selling products that serve the customer and not the corporate shareholders and owners. Mark my words, "Adobe Cloud" will be the type business model used to support the commercial release of the "Singularity".

Yeah, the "Owners of Capital" are going to let the Singularity ruin their party and will give up power. After all, the world still has a Queen of England, whom is a descendent of William the Conqueror whom died in 1087 (22nd great-grandfather to Elizabeth II).

So yes, there will still be "capitalism" during your lifetime.

originally posted by: eventHorizon
Brilliant post.

BTW, perfect movie reference in your avatar photo.
You use the Monarchy to explain how Capitalism will still be around in the future, but if you look at the history of the monarchy, you see that it's evolved from the single bastion of power in a huge empire spanning continents, to a largely ceremonial figurehead role that has little actual say in the running of the country.

Your own example proves that Capitalism, at least as we know it, will not be the same in the future. It will either evolve, or something else will replace it. As we move toward a post-scarcity society, concepts like money become less important.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You use the Monarchy to explain how Capitalism will still be around in the future, but if you look at the history of the monarchy, you see that it's evolved from the single bastion of power in a huge empire spanning continents, to a largely ceremonial figurehead role that has little actual say in the running of the country.

Your own example proves that Capitalism, at least as we know it, will not be the same in the future. It will either evolve, or something else will replace it. As we move toward a post-scarcity society, concepts like money become less important.

Not NEARLY as much has changed with "capitalism" as you believe.

OK, SHORT history lesson time, William the Conqueror died in 1087 and Absolutism was in play until at least the 13th century (1300). After that "merchant capitalism" existed as early as the 14th century because in 1381 there was the Peasants Revolt (which was fought due to wage increases caused by high demand and low availability of labor). Mercantilism, which is also a form of merchant capitalism, is said to have arisen in the 16th century (as early as 1539) and ended in 18th century. Obviously after that we have what you recognize as "capitalism". The fact that the decedents of William the Conqueror still matter in world policy making (Obama has seen the Queen of England MANY TIMES) and own land should tell you something about whats really going on.

You just don't get it, do you?

The Queen of England is NOT a mere figurehead, if she was, why has she attended the Bilderberg List conference? Figureheads should have no say in world policy, correct?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
DOOM!!! DOOM!!! DOOM!!! These people must lead depressing lives. I'll be in line with yuppa becoming a cyborg.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2015 by Ancient Champion because: Double post

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And none of that will matter once we reach post-scarcity. That is my entire point. And even IF capitalism still exists, why then would me uploading myself to a digital existence make me a "servant" of some corporation?

Unless of course, if you think standard employment today is equal to servitude as well. Then we have a clash of ideology that cannot be reconciled.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join