It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA.... July 4th, come and gone..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Lol, I will

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think you aught to speak for yourselves. I went to a birthday party on the fourth and it was a disaster, a serious waste of my time. But it was a close friends girlfriend and I had to go. I've had happier times at a wake.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm glad we were all safe, and got to celebrate our country with our usual fervor.

I find it saddens me, though, that folks don't recognize that there are hundreds if not thousands of domestic terrorists that do, likely, pose a far greater threat than any international entity.

Just, as a matter of logic ... home field advantage and all that.

But, we're safe again thus far, I count that as happiness!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have to wonder if we've ever been ""safe' from domestic nut weasels or foreign nut weasels.

Nut weasels have existed since Cain felt he needed to earn street cred by busting a cap in Abel.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I have to wonder if we've ever been ""safe' from domestic nut weasels or foreign nut weasels.

Nut weasels have existed since Cain felt he needed to earn street cred by busting a cap in Abel.

We're not safe ... there's only so much any authorities can do to "keep us safe." The best thing we can do is remain individually vigilant.

It's part of the mystique of government that it's keeping us safe from all harm ...

I'd probably describe us more as lucky than anything else.
edit on 14Sun, 05 Jul 2015 14:08:20 -050015p022015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Something makes me wonder what this thread would be about if we had been attacked yesterday and no one was on alert to thwart it. Then it would have been the damn government let this happen or my personal favorite, a false flag initiative to herald martial law and the new world order. Seems there's no win here. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

PS: I'm happy that were all safe BTW.

edit on 752015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I am happy we are safe, too!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

We're not safe ... there's only so much any authorities can do to "keep us safe." The best thing we can do is remain individually vigilant.

It's part of the mystique of government that it's keeping us safe from all harm ...

It comes down to this: which would you rather be - safe or free? You can't be both because, as we have seen, you have to sacrifice your freedoms and liberties to try to be safe, and in the end, the ones guaranteeing your safety will end up turning on you and taking it.

Hence the temptation to classify all Americans who hold a suspicion of government as "domestic terrorists."

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

what about all the idiots who were screaming :

" theres going to be a false flag attack "

????????????????????????????

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ah - the classic false dilema :

" do you want to be safe or free "

i chose option c - alive

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
how many times do you cry wolf
before everyone gets tired and stops listening?
false flags were invented to keep your attention.
just saying

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ketsuko

ah - the classic false dilema :

" do you want to be safe or free "

i chose option c - alive

I would also like to be alive, but not if it means I have to live in an authoritarian cage. Some things are indeed worse than death.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If there was something going on....I missed it. My thoughts were distracted from all the firework smoke I was seeing. What's in firework smoke can't be healthy....

Anyway I have heard of the paranoia surrounding the month of September however. According to religious conspiracy folks, the days of the rapture are upon us. Starting sometime that month 9/15/15?

I guess in time we shall see.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It comes down to this: which would you rather be - safe or free? You can't be both because, as we have seen, you have to sacrifice your freedoms and liberties to try to be safe, and in the end, the ones guaranteeing your safety will end up turning on you and taking it.

Hence the temptation to classify all Americans who hold a suspicion of government as "domestic terrorists."

I think you're offering a false dichotomy between safety and freedom.

I don't think we have to give up our freedoms and liberties to try to be safe.

... and, unlike you, I don't feel like my freedoms and liberties are threatened anymore today than they were 20 years ago.

All Americans who hold a suspicion of government are not "domestic terrorists," and no one, nowhere says that.

For example, I don't think you are a domestic terrorist ...

There are, however, organized groups that hold values and make comments that do reveal a terrorist nature.

Left and right wing, although I'm sure you only think the right wingers are "misunderstood."

Reality filters are funny things, eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
To play devil's advocate , you do realize there was heightened security , right ? Even in my small city's fireworks display the police were out in force and on the move. Havent seen anything like that in a while.

Small town activities myself, and every time we have done that (basically every year for the last ten), there has been a police presence. More some places than others, but always some cops around. Pretty standard, from what I saw, this year. Simple patrols, just walking around looking out for any issues. None of those, that I know about, either, though there did seem to be a small blaze across the field from where we viewed. Plenty of fire crews around, though, so assuming it was taken care of quickly.

I do get your point, however. Heightened security could certainly work s a detriment, and could have prevented something that might have taken place! Since an attack would likely have hit a larger place, and those would have had a lot more (presumably) security, we can't say for certain that nothing was planned. So,

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
USA.... July 4th, come and gone..

oouuuu. They tried to make us so scared. oouuuuu, the Fourth of July is coming and it is our most sacred national holiday. uuoooooo, they are targeting us oouuuuu.

The MSM blasted the air wave with" Increased Tension", "High Alert", "ISIS Targets US on Birthday".... FEAR FEAR FEAR
Well here it is, July 5th, and nothing. Not a thing. Phewww.

Oh, wait, I know. Those sneaky bastards are waiting for us to let our guard down, for all the holiday goers to quit looking over their shoulders at their neighbors and friends, wondering who it will be, who will strike the blow. Watch out, watch out,

So just who is the enemy. All those bad guys who would lay waste to our empire, or maybe it is the empire itself constantly stoking our fears of that "other"enemy?

Perhaps you might like to consider the possibility of the warnings actually prevented potentially planned acts from occurring. While this cannot be proven to be the case, the fact that the prophecised event did not occur, it may indicate that the independent media may be gaining traction and that more people might be open to possibility of false flags. In such an environment it may make false flags less likely because they become riskier due to mistakes occurring enabling more people to see through them. Such a risk makes their continued use an even more riskier. proposition.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Just another day (in more ways than 1). The big day this year was July 3rd because it was the day most of us got off from work.

Otherwise, I'm assuming the Chinese economy benefitted from all the fireworks America's patriotic fervor purchased, Taiwan's economy likely saw profits from all the American flag emblazioned crap America's patriotic fervor purchased, and Mexico experienced a spike in revenue from all the produce America's patriotic fervor produced.

Believe me, there was a massive attack on US soil, but it was one that didn't involve direct violence or traditional warfare. We were attacked by economic terrorism, or a continuation of the same $%^# we've been dealing with for the past 2 decades, and most of it is the result of our so-called "representatives" and their compliance with the global moneychangers.

As I said, just another day.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Our biggest threat is our own citizens.

Here's what happened in my neck of the woods on the 4th:

CINCINNATI —Police continue to investigate a weekend incident that left two officers and at least one civilian injured late Saturday.

The disturbance began just before 11 p.m. just as a concert on the Square and the Reds game were wrapping up. Witnesses said officers already at Fountain Square were directing crowds when a fight broke out among a group of youths.

Several witnesses reported people setting off fireworks in trash cans, and throwing fireworks and other objects at police officers.

"The police were outnumbered for a minute. Everything was chaotic. They had cars stopped. Everything was out of control," said witness Reggie Finley.

One officer was punched in the face, while another was hit by a bottle. Both were treated for their injuries and released.

Those damn groups of youths, I tell ya.

edit on 6-7-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes...I saw all last week...several times...journalists, news casters, the FBI saying be careful. the United States is on high alert; there is no specific threat; but be careful at all times and watch your back.

What I kept thinking is...haven't we been on (high alert) since (9-11)...I'm just saying.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Something makes me wonder what this thread would be about if we had been attacked yesterday and no one was on alert to thwart it. Then it would have been the damn government let this happen or my personal favorite, a false flag initiative to herald martial law and the new world order. Seems there's no win here. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

PS: I'm happy that were all safe BTW.

Either way you are going to upset people; it is just the people that are complaining now are the only ones that can fix this country's mess. Let's start a novel approach to personal vigilance, immediate community support and personal responsibility as a way of sustainable life.
edit on 8-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: getting late

top topics

<< 1   >>

join