It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please HELP!! Recover a Post lost after preview!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to recover a new Post after Preview.....I lost my entire thread!! But is it stored once you preview it?

Thanks so much ATS!

Pax xoxox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

That just happened to me, I thought. But, then I scrolled up and it was there at the top of the page. If you still have that tab open, try that.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Thank you so much...unfortunately when i clicked preview it closed my tab!! I guess i will have to start over......unless it was stored on the server and a mod can recover it for me!

Pax

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I pretty sure it's gone

I suggest when doing a big op you type it up in notepad or something similar and copy/paste then add links and whatnot

Sorry for the loss it happens to us all
edit on am720153108America/ChicagoSun, 05 Jul 2015 08:06:21 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I hate when that happens, but there is only really one way to avoid it happening again, as Another_Nut mentioned, and that is to type it in a Notepad program of some sort. I use the one on my iPad, and then just copy paste it over. The only thing you have to watch, is that the character limit does not cut your OP before its conclusion, although you normally only have to worry about that sort of thing, if you have written a pretty long OP.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Awe...thank you......I know and i usually do ....Guess I will just start over.....again thank you....

Pax

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Not sure if this will work for you, I have learned that if you go back to the thread from an open tab on ATS and hit reply or quote in that same thread right where you hit it before… (magic, theres your post).

Sadly more key strokes may wipe the cache. Sometimes, when I think I've lost a post window and I go to log out, my browser will ask do you want to close this window? and theres the open window I thought was gone.

Sorry about that, most frustrating. if you clear cache and cookies regular, you might also keep from overloading your system with activity, same with too many open tabs.

Hope all that helps, cheers!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Type your complete work off-site, save it...cut and paste from your program into ATS....then post when ready. Done.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I use an addon called Lazarus, it saves what you write on text boxes. I used to work as a translator on a site, so whenever my internet would go down, I would lose a lot of my work and it was a pain, until I found this... Lazarus saved my ass so many times, it's not even funny. It works for both Chrome and Firefox, not sure about other browsers, but maybe?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Using the back button and then hitting reply again will usually bring me back to my incomplete post. I've done it dozens of times. So if I wanted reply to a certain post I'd just hit the back button find the post I was replying to, hit reply again and most of the time I get back to what I've written .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not sure if this will work for you, I have learned that if you go back to the thread from an open tab on ATS and hit reply or quote in that same thread right where you hit it before… (magic, theres your post).

Sadly more key strokes may wipe the cache. Sometimes, when I think I've lost a post window and I go to log out, my browser will ask do you want to close this window? and theres the open window I thought was gone.

Sorry about that, most frustrating. if you clear cache and cookies regular, you might also keep from overloading your system with activity, same with too many open tabs.

Sometimes just backspace to the previous page or edit: undo but if she said her tab closed than the cache was likely lost.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rosinitiate

originally posted by: intrptr

Sometimes just backspace to the previous page or edit: undo but if she said her tab closed than the cache was likely lost.

Just relaying what sometimes works for me. If you go directly back to the thread from even another tab and hit reply or quote exactly like you did before, the post is still there.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes that's what I've found to be true too. Go back and hit reply or quote again and your post is usually still there.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Thank you for the heads up on Lazzarus....will use in the future..

I really appreciate all the suggestions...Unfortunately that thread bit the dust and i just didn't have the time or patience to start over again......

Thank you everyone

Pax

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Thank you but it wasn't this time......and it usually is.....

I appreciate your comments...

Pax

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Sorry. I know it's not always there and its agrivating for me too when I loose everything I've typed. See ya around.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Next time and every time you post a comment, right click and save to your browser. Problem solved.

If it's a really long piece, or very important, save it to WordPad for peace of mind.
edit on 7.7.2015 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join