It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the Shadow Government, I.E. WINDOWS 10 And Your Very Own A. I. Assistant!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yes indeed they are front and center now and believe me will have everyone's ATTENTION!! So here is the deal.....and this whole concept brings us crashing head first into the Bottom of the ole proverbial "Rabbit Hole"........

Anyone having access to the internet has been hearing about Microsofts Windows 7, 8.1 will soon be replaced by the long awaited Windows 10....
I for one have been really hyped about it until I read in detail what Windows 10 will actually be able to do.

Yes, the normal bells and whistles that always take place when a new OS is released, However, are you aware that they will no longer be using Internet Explorer? THe replacement is called "EDGE" Edge will be a voice integrated POP IN ASSistant...What do I mean by pop in....well at first you will summon your assistant for help and ask a question.....kind of like "Siri" if you are familiar with the app that is built into iphone.
The difference here is you control Siri or voice assisted help. When you ask they come...But in Windows 10, your voice assistant will just pop in whenever THEY choose! For example: Let's say I have a flight out of National scheduled in 2 days....your assistant will then begin to pop in and ask "Hi __NAME_____are you packed and ready to go to L.A.? Do you have your tickets? Here is your Itinerary...Is the project finished? etc...whatever you have searched regarding this trip your assistant will inquire about or give you information THEY think you need!

Okay so that's great! How helpful, thank you Google!! These may be your first thoughts.....But what if I told you the more you use your computer the more intelligent and proficient your assistant will become....In other words we are talking about our very own A.I. that we train to meet our needs in an indirect manner....Your assistant will adapt according to your computer use and browser history..... is how the A.I. will learn you.....pretty cool concept, right?? Yes, at first it really is....but what happens when that assistant learns more than you do? Think about that a moment....Your assistant now has your personality traits but has the brain of a computer.....It is learning everything about you and the added benefit of computing information at warp speed! And face it, a humans brain is no match for a computer...A computr does not take in effect emotional actions and consequences.....The worst part? We do not control this Assistant!! The "Mega Lords" at Google do!

How long bfore the World Wide Web knows everything about you and I? and who do you think their loyalty will lie with? I promise you it's not us....When SHTF its gonna know your weakness! Master Switch Google is going to be able to say, where is ____insert your name_______they didn't show up for work today....NO, you didn't because you have gone off the grid but at anytime if you used a browser to search how exactly to do this, your little buddy, Mr./Miss A.I. knows where you are......Can you see where I am going with this?

Here is the article you can see it for yourself........[url=http://www.techradar.com...]link[/u rl]

What do we do now ATS?? Perhaps the internet is the Mark of the Beast....who knows?? Your thoughts, please?

Thanks for reading,

Pax

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Mine will keep bugging me with a short phrase: "Sir, do you require more T&A sites to be pulled from the internet for your pleasure today?"
edit on 4-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

Excuse the bad joke. I'm as concerned about this as anybody, well, maybe I've given up being concerned because there is noting we can do to hide our activities from being collected...and used against us if they have the need or desire.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yeah, just send it up to the "cloud".

Imagine for a moment that the "cloud"
is a form of information sharing protocol
to a non human entity.

Rather than 100% reliable encryption.

HooHaa
S&F

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If this is consumer tech, i wonder what the black world has to offer!

They've probably already built a Terminator and its in a secret lab somewhere!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Very good point, wouldn't that be the same as Google drive? Yikes this really sucks!! Thank you for your comment and bringing up "the cloud"

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm sure there will be an option to silence, hinder or stop it.

While some would consider it helpful, some would consider it a novelty and some would find it just plain annoying.

Also, 3rd party software companies could offer a solution, whether paid or free....or....

If MS won't listen to the users, I'm sure the 'community' who likes to 'fix' things that are 'broken' could/would offer up a patch.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Then come back in, have a seat and realize - it's worse than you think.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Okay you think they are going to allow you to turn this off....perhaps but what if that feature keeps learning anyway and your not even aware....In fact you have made a very good point! If This was my intention....I would include a dummy switch to let the user think they had disabled their assistant....but keep forging ahead with the original plan...then there would be NO OUTCRY! No need for 3rd party patch... or hackers.....we wouldn't find out until we created the MONSTER!! BWAHAHAHA!

Pax thanks for your comment

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Thanks I LOVE IT!! LOL No kidding I'm just in a mind set tonight.....think i'm gonna go watch a movie.....

Pax

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm not the sharpest bulb in the lemonade stand, but would this also have anything to do with net neutrality?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

cortana and spartan . idk if they are just trying to profit off a popular franchise

or

they are planning a future where spartans fight separatists and a religious war

still, using those names gives me the creeps
edit on pm720153109America/ChicagoSat, 04 Jul 2015 21:32:43 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The OP seems to have confused Google Now with MS Cortana. Google will not have control of the MS assistant. Why would it? MS would not hand over control of it to another company.

Simply solution is to not use the Microsoft OS. I didn't think anyone still did.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am using windows 7 extreme(boot) and i love it. I updated recently and had the pesky white flag of annoyance in my taskbar wanting me to update.

I use a app called windows 7 manager and blocked this nonsense for good. Love this app it does so many things to improve my microspy experience.

Not trying to advertise for Yamicasoft, but this product is awesome.
Click here to get more info with yamicasoft windows manger.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I am beginning to hope they are listening to everything I say. I have nothing to hide but I am very G rated here at ATS.

IF THEY ARE LISTENING TO ME THEY GET THE FULL UNCENSORED VERSION OF MY ANGER.

Heck if they are not listening maybe they should be. Then they might actually learn something usefull. Lol

Google, Microsoft, Apple, it doesn't matter they have the ability to snoop on all of it.

edit on 4-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I officially promote you to an F.
Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes I see where you're going with this of course. Add to that google is recording and saving your voice. I never use voice search.

We are all recording everything we do. Being profiled.

Siri knows who my daughter is. Knows where I live, my appointment schedule, because I set some reminders. I know full well I didn't need to put my personal life in my iPhone, but heck she's a handy secretary!

If one of us were ever on the run for, lets says as an example, we've been charged with a crime we didn't even commit, there's nowhere to hide. They know who all your friends are, who you talk to most, last etc.

Photos people text or email me, I can trace on a map where they took the photo. They must have location services turned on their phone in photos, I found that by accident with a photo I saved off a member on ATS, I liked the photo for a wallpaper and saved it to my Ipad. He took the photo. Then I saw on my iPad albums it was some place in .France, it connected to a map. After that I made sure I turned off everything in my photos. Still though I need my location services on to get my local weather!

So everything that is handy , the latest hi tech gadgets we will use. Then we start logging our lives into it.

Of course my iPhone uses the fingerprint to unlock. I did the thumb but soon realized I also use my other fingers and added them!

Not got a smart tv yet but I know when mine breaks I will be left with no choice but to get one, if I want new.
edit on 4-7-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You don't want to be tracked? Unplug. Completely.

Ditch the phones, laptops, credit cards. Quit your job, walk away from your bank account.

Don't look back.

Become one of the many wandering, faceless peoples in every land that those in cushy offices and homes call wastrels.

The homeless.

I call them Free Peoples.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

No, i didnt misunderstand, here it is Cortana will be a part of Windows 10....www.theverge.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">verge.com

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think the concept of "pre-crime" put into practice is only 15 years out, assuming the ruling elite dont nuke us all into oblivion first. The first stes toward that reality are all being put into place from computing to currwnt police tactics and drones.

We will be arrested for crimes we havent committed because the AI says we will do them.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Besides having a laptop, an old one, a van to sleep in and free WiFi from mcds and anyplace I can nab it i have done just that

But it's not easy and I don't recommend it unless you are willing to do whatever it takes to survive in a hostile environment with no money or gas.

homeless going on four years. But i feel free . And I'll die a free man

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join