It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Dental Happenings.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Warning,could be gross to some:

A while ago I got what I thought was an infected tooth.
Really sore,inflamed gum around the first molar area.
(1st Molar=second tooth from back,lower teeth,or the one second from the back in your jaw if you see what I mean)

Dentist did an x ray and said I had an abcess,gave me a course of antibiotics and threatened to rip the tooth out.

Antibiotics knocked out the infection and pain,but then I got this wierd match head sized hole in my lower gum,about half a centimetre below the gum line,which progressed until a little white point protruded through the hole.

Well,I was having none of that and had one month to wait for the potential extraction,so I picked at it with a tooth pick,until I managed to loosen and remove a shard of what I thought was part of a tooth root.
It was about the size of a split in half match head.

Next few days the gum hole healed and I was fine for about 10 days.
Went back to dentist and found my tooth nerve was still alive and the dentist thought I had not had an absess,but this loose bit of bone had caused the infection,so got a filling instead of the extraction..Phew-Great.
Not quite..
A few days later it happened again,same deal,weird hole with another protruding shard-which I pulled out.

Dentist seemed to think it was the bone support which normally exists between the tooth roots-part of my jaw bone essentially,not my tooth root.
She said it sometimes happens to people who have recently had teeth removed,but I haven't had any teeth removed since I was a teenager-over 20 years ago.

Now,about 2 months after the inital infection,it feels like I am having a third damned round of the same thing.

Its sort of freaking me out...

Anybody have a similar experience?
What was your diagnosis/treatment?

Been taking super garlic oil with high allicin content daily since the first bone shard,which has at least stopped the infection coming back so far.

Very weird though-I like my bones and want to keep them if I can.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks for reading folks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Interesting - it might be time for a second opinion. Was there any trama to your jaw that you can recall? Are you of an age where your bones might be fragile?

The physical infections did help the 'bone shards' be expelled so I'm not sure that it's a good idea to avoid as the body does things for reasons including infections. I do understand wanting to avoid pain - but until you find out what is actually going on you might be hiding valuable clues.

This sounds miserable and I wish you the best - keep us informed.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Stop going to British dentist, travel to France or Germany.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Thanks FyreByrd-

No physical traumas to my mouth or jaw that I can think of.
Don't eat sweets or cake hardly,but do smoke 10 cigs a day on average,just hit 40years of age,apart from that no other health problems.

The only reason I take the garlic/allicin is because I hate taking antibiotics as they are so powerful a drug(although I did take the course the dentist gave me a couple of months back because the pain was evil,and it did stop the infection)-last time I took any I was a teenager.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks, my teeth hurt now.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKNaomi
Stop going to British dentist, travel to France or Germany.

Maybe when I win the lottery MKN..

But even Brit dentists are dang expensive,especially if you are non NHS like I have to be.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Use oregano oil to end infection and swish with unrefined coconut oil for up to 20 minutes per day. You can also use baking soda with lemon. Start ingesting apple cider vinegar and colloidal silver daily. Avoid all sugar and don't allow your mouth to dry out at night. Stay hydrated or use a humidifier. All organic and unrefined if possible. Your mouth and body will thank you.
edit on 4-7-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I've had good results gargling a few times with grapefruit seed extract. But googling it just now turns up a nightmare of controversy.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Organic apple cider also works as natural antibiotic

You just take 3 spoons 3 times a day

You can whiten teeth by swooshing organic coconut oil, I am to lazy to do it but people swear by it
edit on 4-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Use oregano oil to end infection and swish with unrefined coconut oil for up to 20 minutes per day. You can also use baking soda with lemon. Start ingesting apple cider vinegar and colloidal silver daily. Avoid all sugar and don't allow your mouth to dry out at night. Stay hydrated or use a humidifier. All organic and unrefined if possible.

Very interesting-I always have a dry mouth during the night and when waking in the morning even though I drink loads of water(often during the night as I never get more than a few hours sleep at a time).

I do use ACV alot in my foods though.
Maybe colloidal silver should be my next try..Always thought it a bit of a strange remedy myself,although my sister loves it.
I will ask her for a bottle I think.
Many thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Check the position of your fan or AC. If you are hydrated and still have a dry mouth, make sure you're getting enough potassium or that there isn't air blowing in your face. Keeping your feet cool should help regulate temperature. Colloidal silver will help to prevent infections but isn't necessary. I use it more when symptoms have already appeared. If you have a wound, switch to a non-fluoride toothpaste and put an entire dropper of oregano oil in your mouth when you brush your teeth. Don't swallow or you'll be sorry. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse You're probably have this occuring. The shards can make their way out on their own, as well. Calcium deposits blocking salivary glands

edit on 4-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Silcone Synapse You prpbably have this occuring. The shards can make their way out on their own, as well. Calcium deposits blocking salivary glands

Holy crap!!
I hope not-but the shards I pulled out did not look like like the pics in your link-they were very smooth,like the outer wall of a tooth.
Thanks anyway,something else to ask the dentist about.

Sorry to gross everyone out with this thread,I know its pretty disgusting..

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi SS

When not lurking on conspiracy sites im a dental nurse, so wanted to ask a couple of questions to see if I can help you figure this out!

1) Is the area the shard came from on the cheek side or the tongue side of the teeth?
2) Is the colour of the shard white, or does it have a yellowish tint to it?
3) Are you aware of grinding your teeth? You may not be aware of doing this while sleeping, unless you have aching/tight feeling jaws some mornings.
edit on 03-23-2015 by LadyLurk because: asking one more question

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse It's odd, not particularly gross. I thought of that because a friend of mine described his 'tonsil stones'. I had no idea what that was, until I looked it up...that is a little more gross but a similar process causes it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
No clue what is happening. You might need to talk to a dentist who has been doing dentistry for thirty five or more years. Sometimes they get weird stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

there is a rare occurrence of a small percentile of people who continue to grow endless new sets of teeth their entire adult life, it could be your experiencing this in a small small scale, it would be easy for a dentist to overlook this possibility given how rare it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyLurk
Hi SS

When not lurking on conspiracy sites im a dental nurse, so wanted to ask a couple of questions to see if I can help you figure this out!

1) Is the area the shard came from on the cheek side or the tongue side of the teeth?
2) Is the colour of the shard white, or does it have a yellowish tint to it?
3) Are you aware of grinding your teeth? You may not be aware of doing this while sleeping, unless you have aching/tight feeling jaws some mornings.

1)Shards popped through on the tongue side.
2)They were white.
3)I don't think I grind my teeth(no aching jaw in the mornings)

Thanks for your help!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Ok thanks, I was at first thinking this could have been calculus that had broken away from the roots if they needed scaling and deep planing. I am now leaning towards -

Mandibular torus, which is basically just extra growth of bone around an area, even trauma that you cant remember could have caused this. I think in this case making you a splint to wear when you sleep would be a good place for your dentist to start.

Also found a clinical study on Oral Ulceration with bone sequestration, which sounds identical to your symptoms.

From reading some of my college books along with some articles on line I have found that if this type of ulceration happens, because the gum is so thin if it breaks due to ulcers or trauma then air gets to the bone and it starts to die. As the bone dies, the ulceration can become irritated and open up a bit more. Over time the bone in that area will die and break off, the gum tissue will heal and fragments of the bone will push up and out.

I have the clinical report pdf file that goes into more detail and also has treatment options, I dont know how to upload it here for you if thats even possible but would be happy to send it to you if you want to U2U me with an email address?

Maybe you can take it to your dentist, as far as I can see it is a rare type case, so your dentist may not know or has forgot learning about it if its rare and not seen on a day to day basis.

Hopefully this is of some help and gives you something to look into yourself for answers

edit on 03-23-2015 by LadyLurk because: error

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyLurk

Thanks LL.
Having a few problems with my email at the minute,but was this the PDF you refered to?

files.bvs.br...

The first image on that PDF looks awful-my gum hole was super tiny compared to that,with just a tiny speck of bone showing through(until I got it out).
I hope mine doesn't get to the stage in that image!

If that wasn't the same pdf you found,you should be able to just copy and paste the adress link here so I can have a read.
I will ask my dentist about it.
Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join