It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Sends Obama Independence Day Message

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
These people completely agree with you on how nice putin is -

Putin’s killed opponents

I clicked on your link and saw Nemtsov as one of the first names

Anyone informed immediately sees your link as bogus propaganda.

Putin didn't have Nemtsov killed, didn't need to kill him
In a million years

CIA on the other hand...
edit on 5-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Was that rant directed at anyone in particular? I read through it a couple of times, but am not seeing how anything you said pertains to the topic. You seem to think I am some sort of Occupy supporter, which is totally baseless (and WAY off target) and frankly, that assumption makes me question your overall judgement.

Aside from your expression of distaste for rioters and protesters (two groups you are erroneously conflating, by the way), all I see is 'If people don't challenge authority, they won't have any problems!'

Not sure how familiar your are with American values, but that sentiment is about as un-American as it gets. In Russia though, your philosophy would be considered common sense, so maybe you would be happier if you moved there?
edit on 6-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

If the CIA were able to gun down Nemtsov right across the street from the Kremlin, leaving no evidence that Putin could use against the US, wouldn't that make Putin a weak and incompetent leader who can't even secure his capital?

So which is it? Putin had Nemtsov killed to send a message, or Putin is impotent?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Feel free to supply your link that shows the CIA is involved.

Secondly what was your other user name on this site?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Reading comprehension is at an all time low in America.
This is why I fear for the future.

Just because you don't like how one faction of the US populace operates, doesn't mean we aren't Americans.

My only concern with large scale protests are how quickly they can get out of hand if certain elements are present. Russia is FULL of those elements. Some would even say much more than America. Do you really not understand this concern by TPTB in regards to preserving the safety of non-protesters and community property during such exhibitions?

I'm not saying people don't have the right to protest - I'm worried about the factions that take it to unsafe levels.

Just because there are members of the community that are charged with the duty of protecting public safety doesn't mean they don't support the overall ideologies of the various groups congregating.

This is about Radical elements - ones who don't care if an innocent protester gets hit by shrapnel from one of their more explosive "anarchist" statements and the fact that you seem to think such groups don't exist concerns me.

I'm happy your protests are peaceful.
They should be.

They aren't always that way.

edit on 7/6/15 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity, minor grammar edit

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
WASAKA......... you have stated the exact truth, bravo...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I wonder if that phone call was before or after a pair of long range Russian bombers had to be intercepted near the Alaskan coast, and then off the California coast.

Perhaps he is being earnest, but it's difficult to take someone seriously after they so brazenly annexed part of Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
your ancestors killed fraud 700+ Indians in this day and "celebrate" the murder by killing millions of birds each year But do not worry, we have, in Russian, too, have a false "holidays"

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
your ancestors killed fraud 700+ Indians in this day and "celebrate" the murder by killing millions of birds each year But do not worry, we have, in Russian, too, have a false "holidays"

Oh really. Do you still celebrate the old Gulag days?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I find fascinating how this wasn't in the news, but instead, some rubbish about Russian jet fighters nearing US borders on Independence Day was all over the media (at least the internet media feeds).

Only what they want you to hear... We need Russia as our Big Bad Enemy, apparently. And apparently we've got a real hard-on for poking the bear. Instead of a nice reply to Putin, we decide to put out articles of talk that the US Army thinks arming the Ukraine against Russia is a good idea.

Right or wrong, it sure as shootin' ain't a "good" idea.

Fascinating post. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DEIKOBOL

Actually we don't...

Putin however does need an external threat to distract the Russia peoples attention from his failures. Putin will never step down as President unless he can guarantee he can control the person who would take his place. Absent that he runs the risk of a person becoming President with the ability to seize his assets and prosecute his corruption.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join