It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho city’s ordinance tells pastors to marry gays or go to jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

So they believe themselves to be an "abomination"?

But fight for their right to be an "abomination"?

I don't care what year it is, or who you propose lives in the era...
It is antithetical to hold both of those ideals.

Not my words...
The words of the book and god they worship.
edit on 4-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Now your reading comprehension has come into question...
Where have I "hated on Christianity"?

I won't wait, because that would take forever and a day.

TL;DR
I didn't.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Why would there be gay weddings at Mosques, when there is no such thing as a gay Muslim, & when Mosques cater to Muslim weddings?

how can you say that, have you taken a poll and survived all, what is it 2 billion muslims in the world now?
you can bet your sweet a@@ there are gay muslims just like there are gay Christians and jews, no matter how antithetical you or anyone else thinks it is.

edit on 4-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Old article/issue (I knwo the OP corrected) that there's already a massive thread about from when this came up. The Knapps have since changed their business license to a religious corporation so that they may indeed refuse to marry gay couples.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

The pastors told them

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Why would there be gay weddings at Mosques, when there is no such thing as a gay Muslim, & when Mosques cater to Muslim weddings?

how can you say that, have you taken a poll and survived all, what is 2 billion muslims in the world now?
you can bet your sweet a@@ there are gay muslims just like there are gay Christians and jews, no matter how antithetical you or anyone else thinks it is.

I thought it was interesting how everyone just looked over that too.........

use to not be many gay chrstians either until it started being acceptable........

I guess being a gay muslim and being killed for it is a pretty strong deterrent to let people know youre a gay muslim

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You have to look at the other side of any story you're getting from "conservative" media like the Washington Moonie Times.

This was a for profit wedding chapel that was advertising non-Christian and civil weddings along with other wedding packages.

They removed all references to that from their website last month and refiled as a religious non-profit.

The city spokesman claims they were unaware of the change in status, but that they never threatened legal action anyway and that the Hitching Post would be exempt from the city's non-discrimination law if it began operating as a religious nonprofit.

mediamatters.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yea i was going to ask him about all those that isis threw off the building were muslims or not.
but then he would just say that isis is antithetical and not muslim.

which is blantly a lie, they are extreme muslims.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
As always once you look into these things you get a different story. This is a case the involves only 2 people who claim to be ministers. They run a for profit wedding chapel that is registered as a business not a church. To be a for profit that wants to claim exemption from the law they would have to be organized primarily or exclusively for religious purposes. And since the perform civil and ceremonies from other religions they do not meet that exemption. If they were to exclusively offer services for a particular denomination and the business was built around that as a religious corporation they would be exempt.

So if they as a for profit business want discriminate based on religion they would have to get rid of civil ceremonies and other religion ceremonies and build the business around religion. Now, you know, and knowing is half the battle.

ill reply as it looks like no one else read the post! well that is different if its a business for profit then yes the laws apply if they dont want to marry people they need to either quit or redefine their business model!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yea i was going to ask him about all those that isis threw off the building were muslims or not.
but then he would just say that isis is antithetical and not muslim.

which is blantly a lie, they are extreme muslims.

Or that its not in the US so it doesnt matter.........

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

well then that makes more sense

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
As always once you look into these things you get a different story. This is a case the involves only 2 people who claim to be ministers. They run a for profit wedding chapel that is registered as a business not a church. To be a for profit that wants to claim exemption from the law they would have to be organized primarily or exclusively for religious purposes. And since the perform civil and ceremonies from other religions they do not meet that exemption. If they were to exclusively offer services for a particular denomination and the business was built around that as a religious corporation they would be exempt.

So if they as a for profit business want discriminate based on religion they would have to get rid of civil ceremonies and other religion ceremonies and build the business around religion. Now, you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Hey, Spad, don't come in here with your facts and ruin a good half-informed "I told you so!" fear-mongering session.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

They want it so bad though

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer
Told ya' so. . . . . .

Welcome to America.

Happy Independence Day.

Please leave all freedoms at the door.

No one is forcing a church to marry people go read the article it's a for profit business not a church.

yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It is time.

Revelation 2:10
Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

yet.

never.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

All have the right to refuse.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Never going to happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MKNaomi

All have the right to refuse.

Only churches not businesses have that right.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Told ya' so. . . . . .

Welcome to America.

Happy Independence Day.

Please leave all freedoms at the door.

No one is forcing a church to marry people go read the article it's a for profit business not a church.

yet.

Well when they actually do then you can play drama queen to the hilt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join