It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Medicine & the Cancer Pandemic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Okay but don't you think that in the context of what we were talking about with stage 4 cancer, that the opposite is true?

Mainstream medicine shortens life rather than lengthening it?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots

Okay but don't you think that in the context of what we were talking about with stage 4 cancer, that the opposite is true?

Mainstream medicine shortens life rather than lengthening it?

I was talking more at the end of days. You asked what I meant.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I see.

Well, putting all patients together into one group of end of days, I guess the same holds true: You're probably better off not using mainstream medicine.

What do you think? Is that a true statement?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Please explain for me what the cancer treatment business has to do with nuclear power plants.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oesophageal and stomach cancers are particularly aggressive and difficult to treat however this study shows the benefits of using a specific type of chemo as opposed to just supportive care.

www.cancer.net...

Chemotherapy for lung cancers.
meetinglibrary.asco.org...
Here are the key points as I know the OP will refuse to click the link.

"Chemotherapeutic agents can improve lung cancer symptoms and lengthen life in most patients with lung cancers.
Chemotherapies enhance curability in individuals with locoregional disease when combined with surgery or irradiation.
Chemotherapy's effectiveness is enhanced in patients with EGFR-mutant and ALK-positive lung cancers.
Chemotherapeutic agents “rescue” individuals whose oncogene-driven cancers have become resistant to targeted agents.
Chemotherapeutic drugs have the potential to modulate the immune system to enhance the effectiveness of immune check point inhibitors
".

Paediatric and adolescent cancer mortality rates from 1975-2010
(Hint: They've decreased dramatically).
www.cancer.org...@research/documents/webcontent/acspc-041787.pdf

Would you like to see any more?
Would you care to analyse them and then give me your considered opinion as a layman?
edit on 4/7/15 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

One way is by being aware of the credibility of a source who uses a term such as "quackery."

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well, putting all patients together into one group of end of days, I guess the same holds true: You're probably better off not using mainstream medicine.

What do you think? Is that a true statement?

From experience, no. The rub is theres little choice when people have a flareup, seizure or fall down their stairs, we call 911. Not doing that is a crime called, denying medical treatment.

The only solution seems to be letting the doctors ply their trade until even they give up, then letting people pass.

Nowadays, that takes ever longer, in my experience.

When we're young we don't think of these things. We aren't exposed to dying folk usually until we begin to age and people we know begin to die around us.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
After all perspective changes quite a lot when your life is threatened so I am very cautious in taking a side given all the controversies in this field.

I think that all healthy people fear cancer. Then, when we’re diagnosed, we become terrified. Either way the fear factor is what everyone is dealing with, including doctors, who fear losing their medical license if they challenge the system.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The rub is theres little choice when people have a flareup, seizure or fall down their stairs, we call 911. Not doing that is a crime called, denying medical treatment.

Good point.

But can we separate acute conditions or situations from chronic, and in the case of a chronic condition that is terminal, refuse treatment?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

But can we separate acute conditions or situations from chronic, and in the case of a chronic condition that is terminal, refuse treatment?

Pretty easy distinction, I think. Doctors will advise when something is terminal. Then the patient and family can refuse or submit.

Problem arises when the patient wants to keep fighting, as most people do, in the face of death.

One lady living next door refused to use a cane or walker, went for walks in the complex and fell numerous times. Each time she would be in the hospital for months , come out and go right back to walking even shakier than before. The family was livid at her, just use a cane grandma…

nope.

Eventually one too many falls and she never got out of the hospital again, pneumonia did her in.

Another lady had an incurable condition called Crones disease? She kept having flareups that eventually killed her due to infection. She tried to comply with doctors orders and they kept bringing her back, but she was miserable for the last year or two.

Still another gentleman had throat cancer from smoking, lost his larynx, had a hole in the throat and then a colostomy bag, an IV for liquid nourishment, etc…

I can't even imagine how many times he must have longed for death.

I came away with two lessons learned from all this…

Peoples bodies can take a lot, and the medical industry is highly advanced at saving life and prolonging it waaay past the point of natural death. Nature doesn't enter into it.

The instant medic evac, emergency room procedure, and plethora of meds is nothing short of miraculous, these days.

You might enjoy this thread along these lines…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Another lady had an incurable condition called Crones disease? She kept having flareups that eventually killed her due to infection. She tried to comply with doctors orders and they kept bringing her back, but she was miserable for the last year or two.

There is a person named Alan Graham who had Crohn's disease and felt that mainstream medicine had failed him miserably so he became his own physician (so to speak) and then shared his story and findings with the public via. a newsletter.

Here is his story: "How I Beat Crohn's Disease."

You might enjoy this thread along these lines…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the read on Crohns disease. Now I remember she actually had Colitis, the more severe form and was over 80 years old at the time of her death.

I agree probiotics would have helped her. She suffered for many years and I never even knew she was sick, let alone what with.

People like to downplay their symptoms…

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
After all perspective changes quite a lot when your life is threatened so I am very cautious in taking a side given all the controversies in this field.

I think that all healthy people fear cancer. Then, when we’re diagnosed, we become terrified. Either way the fear factor is what everyone is dealing with, including doctors, who fear losing their medical license if they challenge the system.

As long as doctors "challenge the system" legally they won't lose their licences so no, they have nothing to fear other than not doing as good a job as possible without giving people false hope.

Unlike most of the people are doing on the video you posted.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I missed this part the first time I watched the video, because it comes after the credits:

I was impressed with her testimojny that when she decided to choose natural treatments, it was not easy to go against her physicians.

Just in case you want to watch, I'll make it easy for you:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

I don't think OP likes opposing viewpoints.

ECHO CHAMBER: ASSEMBLE!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I missed this part the first time I watched the video, because it comes after the credits:

I was impressed with her testimojny that when she decided to choose natural treatments, it was not easy to go against her physicians.

Just in case you want to watch, I'll make it easy for you:

I'd be more impressed if she provided evidence to back up what she says.

BTW would you like to buy some magic beans?
ALL of the testimonies I can find say they work.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

I don't think OP likes opposing viewpoints.

ECHO CHAMBER: ASSEMBLE!

I don't believe the OP understands the ramifications of what they believe.
And that I will gladly counter potentially dangerous nonsense posted by them.
But at the same time I will gladly change what I know based upon verifiable evidence which the OP skirts every time they're asked to provide it.

I would love to believe that cancer can be so easily beaten.
I really would be the happiest man alive if this was real.
Sadly I need more than belief.
Or Youtube vids and testimonies.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Evidence that it was difficult to go against her physicians?

Do you think before you post?
edit on 7/4/2015 by ConnectDots because: Remove post accidentally made and replace

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Evidence that it was difficult to go against her physicians?

Do you think before you post?

I always think about what I post.
You should try it too sometimes.

And actually, yes , I would like evidence that she beat cancer after "going against her physicians".
There's only her word for it.

Have you made your mind up about those magic beans yet?
They're going fast!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?
There's only her word for it.

First, did you watch?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join