It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei: Clarence Thomas is a "Clown in Blackface"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Still an unacceptable racist comment, regardless of generation.

Don't forget that George Takei was imprisoned with his family simply because of their race during the Japanese Internment. George Takei witnessed his father lose his dignity while he lost everything else, his home, his business, his ability to operate as a free individual and to support his family.

George Takei recognized and called Clarence Thomas out for carrying water for those that would oppress him and people like him.

edit on 3-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Don't forget that George Takei was imprisoned with his family simply because of their race during the Japanese Internment. George Takei witnessed his father lose his dignity while he lost everything else, his home, his business, his ability to operate as a free individual and to support his family.

George Takei recognized and called Clarence Thomas out for carrying water for those that would oppress him and people like him.

So that makes it ok to slam a prominent black leader in the US
with a racist and bigoted remark?

That excuses his behavior?
We can understand his behavior without excusing it.

It doesn't make his words calling a prominent black Supreme Court leader "a clown in whiteface" any less racist, or any less wrong to say.
He doesn't deserve to be punished in my opinion at all, but if Shatner had said the same thing about Obama, he would have lost everything and received hate mail and death threats from people who think the same way you do. That it is ok for a liberal to be racist simply because they are a liberal, because you agree with their politics and their ideas, so that means no one can call them out on racist or bigoted behavior.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If anyone has the right call this SCOTUS judge out as an ignorant, hypocritical bigot for his statement about slavery and the interned Japanese men and women, it's George Takei.

edit on 3-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: grandmakdw

George is from my parents generation, thus the black-face comment. If he had been younger he would have called him an oreo. Black on the outside, white on the inside.

Doesn't make the comment any less racist.

He's just calling as he sees it and, no, I don't see it as racist. He slammed Sir Judge for demeaning the experience of Blacks. That's stand up.

What if...

I don't deal in "what if's". "What if's" are for people without a leg to stand on.

Unless liberals are excused from all behavior that conservatives are excoriated for simply because they are conservatives.

Tired chestnut. These "conservatives" have got to crawl down off their crosses. Martyrdom went out style a long time ago.

You never responded to the basic question.

Yes I did. You just ignored it again:

I don't deal in "what if's". "What if's" are for people without a leg to stand on.

This "what if" is crucial to proving my assertion that extreme hypocrisy is at work here.

What is called racist and evil if a conservative says it or does it,
is excused and even praised if a liberal does or says the exact same thing.

You won't answer because you know that if Shatner had said it about Obama, all hell would have broken loose in Hollywood and liberal land. It is only because Takai is gay and liberal that he is excused from this racist behavior. And that is the absolutely only reason he is being excused for this racist statement.

(By the way, before the sharks circle,
Gay, I don't care, live and let live

but to liberals being gay is so "in"
and combine it with being a liberal,
and someone can do no wrong.)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So that makes it ok to slam a prominent black leader in the US
with a racist and bigoted remark?

It's been pointed out that it ISN'T racist. George was actually backing the Black community. You won't see it though. Why?

That it is ok for a liberal to be racist simply because they are a liberal, because you agree with their politics and their ideas, so that means no one can call them out on racist or bigoted behavior.

There's the "why". I posit that you really don't care that Thomas is black. It's because he a conservative. That doesn't impress me.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

George is from my parents generation, thus the black-face comment. If he had been younger he would have called him an oreo. Black on the outside, white on the inside.

He's just calling as he sees it and, no, I don't see it as racist. He slammed Sir Judge for demeaning the experience of Blacks. That's stand up.

What if...

Unless liberals are excused from all behavior that conservatives are excoriated for simply because they are conservatives.

Tired chestnut. These "conservatives" have got to crawl down off their crosses. Martyrdom went out style a long time ago.

This "what if" is crucial to proving my assertion that extreme hypocrisy is at work here.

Yeah, I know but I prefer to deal with facts.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If anyone has the right call this SCOTUS judge out as an ignorant, hypocritical bigot for his statement about slavery and the interned Japanese men and women, it's George Takei.

Ok, I get it

you approve of Takai saying something very racist
because you feel he has good reason to say it.
Therefore, you feel no one has the right to point out
that what he said was racist.

And no one has the right to say that to support someone
in racism because you like their politics is hypocritical.

If you are ok with and support a conservative calling Obama a "clown in white face"
and then ranting on all the policies of Obama they don't like
and how they think Obama's policies have harmed someone:
then you are not a hypocrite.

edit on 2Fri, 03 Jul 2015 14:51:32 -0500pm70307pmk035 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What if...

It is my opinion, and I could very well be wrong.
That to refuse to address a comparable action
is in conflict with your own feelings
that maybe, just maybe
to support Takai in calling Thomas "a clown in white face"
may be hypocritical
to your basic values of equality and fairness.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What if...

It is my opinion, and I could very well be wrong.
That to refuse to address a comparable action
is in conflict with your own feelings
that maybe, just maybe
to support Takai in calling Thomas "a clown in white face"
may be hypocritical
to your basic values of equality and fairness.

It's your opinion but you know what they say about those. Facts on the other hand can be ignored, you're good at that but they can't be denied.

ETA: And if you think Thomas is the first black man to be called an oreo you'd be wrong.
edit on 3-7-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I agree with George as well.

Clarence Thomas is without a doubt what they use to call an Uncle Tom

When his nephew calls him Uncle Tom he is speaking the truth on many levels

He is one of the worst enemies of black people in the history of this country

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I cant believe the amount of real racism im seeing on this thread.......

people call conservatives racist but when someone comes out and really says something racist, because they are liberal, they are defended......

Look at all these people defending this guy on this thread....

Makes me sick

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

ignore, read the sentence wrong.
edit on 3-7-2015 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Clarence Thomas has been making black people sick since the day they put him on the court

As well any other downtrodden political underdog like gays.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

people call conservatives racist but when someone comes out and really says something racist, because they are liberal, they are defended......

IT'S NOT RACIST! George was saying that Thomas was demeaning Black people past. He's RIGHT! And added his own experience to nail the point home.

Makes me sick

Get past the partisan crap then. See the logic. It's better than Gravol.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What if I said: I wonder how dignified Uncle Tom Barack Obama would feel if.....

Pointing out the obvious, that slur only works when directed at a black person by a black person or someone sympathizing with black people.

It's accusing someone of being a black helping the white power structure. I'm not sure it's really a racist insult or if there is an equivalent insult going the other way.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Clarence Thomas has been making black people sick since the day they put him on the court

As well any other downtrodden political underdog like gays.

it doesnt make the statement any less racist no matter the reasoning behind it

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

IT'S NOT RACIST! George was saying that Thomas was demeaning Black people past. He's RIGHT! And added his own experience to nail the point home.

Makes me sick

Get past the partisan crap then. See the logic. It's better than Gravol.

Yes it is racist, it doesnt matter the meaning behind it.......

If I started throwing out the N word just to prove a point it would still be racist.......

Mental gymnastics to excuse blatant racist remarks just because you dont like the guy....

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh, so you're a racist too. Noted.

Let's be honest. The ONLY reason you attempt to justify Takei is because you agree with him and don't agree with Thomas. There is no other reason.

Pop quiz: how is it racist?

originally posted by: ketsuko
So basically, you think the sole worth of an individual is in the hands of others?

What a very sad and insecure you must lead. Are you a product of the empty self-esteem movement?

Since you think it's alright to call others "racist" or "sad" or "insecure" and that appears to be allowed...

I'm just going to say that you've demonstrated in numerous threads that you are an evil, twisted individual who seeks to demean others and somehow is allowed to attack others ATS members.

Fascinating.

What I see people saying here is:

It's ok to say an extremely racist thing if you are liberal
and directing it to a conservative.

Same question to you: how is it racist?

If it is racist, this should be an easy thing to answer, right?

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This Takei clown should be being drawn and quartered across all forms of media for what he said, but the controllers of said media won't attack a good little sheeple individual who is following the agenda as intended.

Same question to you, since it appears you believe the same. Define how his statement is racist.

Likewise, same question to you. If you are going to call something X, you need to be able to define X. What is the racism in the thread? How do you define it?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If....

Another "if"? Why can't people deal with reality? Need fantasy to make a point? It doesn't work that way with thinking people.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Others don't see it that way. Can't someone have an opinion different than that of the PC progressive/liberal left?

It is really sad that we have gotten to a point where the people who supposedly fight for equality for all, do not allow any opinion other than their own.

I may not agree with what Clarence Thomas said, but I am not going to attack his character because of it. Takei should be ashamed for what he said, sadly he will be praised for it.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join