It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Are Not Going To Celebrate The Fourth Of July

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Gothmog

Erm...

ERM...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The only thing we do that is out of the ordinary is buy ZIPS (small flying things that Zip across the air and make sparks - SO PRETTY!!!!!! And they bounce off trees, change direction in flight, my husband even managed to get one wedged into the bark of one of the trees, so it's like a carnival game now to do it again...but they're so unpredictable he probably never will.)

It's the only time we do that, because we can't use (or buy) fireworks at other times of the year. We decided we'd call it our dog's "birthday" because he actually gets so puppy-like and excited - it's hilarious, really.

So - we do it for them. We don't do "loud" stuff because it scares our other dog, and I hate the loud ones.

Sometimes there are FANTASTIC, VERY EXPENSIVE displays right in our block, that are so much fun to watch and hoot and clap and holler. Other than that - it's just a day off of work.

A day off of work with a seasonal "toy", for us and the dogs.

edit on 7/3/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
America is a defacto police state overlorded by criminals. Yes, the Constitution does protect gays. A Constitutional Republic protects the minority as well as a majority. However, the Constitution is actually rules for the government not the people. Common law was the law of the land until this criminal corporate overthrow occurred.
edit on 3-7-2015 by LibertasIntel because: grammar

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I'll be celebrating in a non-gender-specific, non-micro-aggressive, non-offending manner.

Which just means sitting in a dark room and watching network tv.

Or I'll BBQ, drink tea (I'm on-call all weekend, no booze) and have fun with family and friends.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Packing a great big family size sub some salads and iced tea and headed to the beach at Fort Monroe. When the sun sets there will be fireworks. An all American forth of July. I may even make some homemade icecream for after the fireworks.

And yes there will be beer. I put it in the freezer and make beer slurpies.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Well that's fine. We really don't want party poopers anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yeah baby....thank goodness some of us still love and appreciate what freedom and liberty really mean. Party on dude!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Ahabstar

I'll be celebrating in a non-gender-specific, non-micro-aggressive, non-offending manner.

You liberal hippie! Have a Happy Fourth, Beez!

link   
a reply to: olaru12

You lucky dog you!

link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

NP. Enjoy your fake holiday. Like you really need an excuse to have a BBQ and drink beer slurrpies!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's what we like to call...being a sore looser and what you guys refer to as not being cricket. Either way it shows bad taste LOL.
Really though it's just another reason to cook outdoors and drink in the daytime. Surely you guys can get behind that ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Here in the UK we celebrate the 5th to show how lucky we are.

Cheeky!

Isn't that phrase cheeky monkey??? So appropriate no?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Tears make tea salty and that's just gross.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

It will be real to me and truthfully, that's all that matters. I don't really drink alcohol much. Three or four times a year but if you want pretend you know something about me more power to ya.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That is one bad ass avatar you got there.

On topic.

If the whining babies don't think America is not the same after the latest ruling then they have no idea what this country is suppose to be my answer to that is move somewhere else.

Happy Birthday America..

Eff yeah!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Eh, so what. Not a big deal if a few people don't guzzle beer, BBQ & shoot off airborne explosives. We likely won't be doing anything for it for several reasons, though none have anything based in "boohoo, 'Murica's falling apart" crap. If they want to have a boring night because they can't deal with a law change, so be it. We're having a boring night because bills come first & the veteran in the house doesn't want to hear things go kaboom more than the neighbors are already going to supply.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I will be celebrating the 4th this year because I still love America. I don't love my Government, but as Mark Twain said "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

That being said, the gay marriage decision was a huge blow to state rights. While the decision to afford the same liberty to all citizens was correct, it damages the power of the individual states. The stupidity of 'banning' the Confederate Flag is a totally different issue. Just because someone else (read: PC crowd) wants to define what the flag means to me and others doesn't make it true. I would never have thought of displaying the Confederate Flag before all this banning, but now I think it is a pretty good idea to show my support for free speech and liberty.

Bottom line: There ARE some disturbing trends happening in the US right now. I don't have all the solutions, but I know that anytime we give up liberty to the Feds and international interests we are all diminished. So, I will celebrate the America that I believe in, but not the America I live in since that has been hijacked and perverted by the morons currently 'serving' in DC.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes I thought I would celebrate all out

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well heck, let's celibrate it right here.

HAPPY INDPENDENCE DAY!!! To all Americans Everywhere!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Dudes. Seriously. WORK IT OUT!!!!!! I'm not celebrating the 4th because I'm Canadian. I absolutely LOVE your Thanksgiving though. It's got football.
Damn guys. You gotta chill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join