It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch What Happens When Someone Pulls Over a Cop for Speeding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Link

Nobody exactly loves the police (don’t tell my best friend who is one). Obviously, everybody needs them and the services they provide, but more often than not, the thought of a police officer is associated with anger or unhappiness because of certain citations. That’s what makes this video, dug up by CarScoops so satisfying.

Instead of the civilian in the video getting pulled over, the random driver is the one who is able to get a cop car to pull to the side of the road. Why? Because the cop and his wife, who was driving in a different car in front of the police car, were both speeding, going about 15 mph faster than the 40-mph limit.

As expected, the officer, who doesn’t appear to be on duty, steps out of the squad car and enters the conversation with plenty of “seriously, dude?” attitude.

Cops need more reminders like this that they're no exception to the law.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech
Mistake number 1: he pulled out first so the cop could get his tag number.

I'd hate to be him.

That is... If this cop was into any form or retaliation.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Somebody needs a better hobby.

edit on 3-7-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Having a stupid attack

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I understand this guy wants to make a point, but in my opinion he's playing with fire. He could have easily reported this without confronting this officer. I have problems with people who are intentionally going after the police. Not all police officers are bad. You find good and bad in every profession.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"..........said the pig

Coincidence?.......I think not.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I disagree 100%. I don't care if it's an officer, a Judge or a politician, when folks with authority do illegal deeds, they SHOULD be confronted and called out. No one is above the law and "we the people" shouldn't be afraid to call them out.

I have been in some intense shouting matches with police officers, when they do stupid snip. The very vast majority of officers aren't trigger happy "morans" with an attitude. Every single one of my altercations ended with the officer and I shaking hands and thanking each other for various reasons.

I'm no "Billy bad ass", but I have no problem confronting anyone of authority.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wetpaint72

That is... If this cop was into any form or retaliation.

I think we both know the answer to that one.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I have problems with people who are intentionally going after the police.

And some of us have problems with hypocrites, especially when said hypocrites are police or politicians.

Set by example and follow the laws you enforce on others, or you're a POS hypocrite who doesn't deserve respect.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I do not get these things. All I see here is a completely brainless wit who is seeking any opportunity to play difficult. Ain't there death row or something for these guys?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

He could have easily reported this without confronting this officer

Why? You think his superior officer needed a laugh? Cops believe they are entitled to ignore the laws they insist we follow. After years of being friends with an officer, I can tell you cops get away with speeding, assault, intimidation.....all because they flash a badge and their "brothers in blue" let them. Quick story : I was friends with an officer. We used to run around together, along with a mixed crowd of men and women. One night we are on our way to Evansville to party and get caught weaving in and out of traffic, doing 110 mph across the Evansville/Henderson bridge. Know what happened to him? Nothing. Nothing. As the trooper who pulled us over walked up to the car, my friend held his wallet, showing his badge, out the window. We then spent 15 minutes talking about how fast his car is to the Kentucky State Trooper who pulled him over.
Maybe not all are like that, but to many, that badge is a power trip.
edit on 3-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

Why won't it display the word "window" ? I've tried to edit 4 times and it still won't display that word.
edit on 3-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What really would have made this funny is if the cop had given him a ticket seeing how he admitted he was speeding as well. It's pretty stupid to pull a cop over and complain about him breaking the speed limit when he was doing it as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Asinine civilian.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

There's a difference between engaging in unsafe behavior yourself and simply confronting somebody about their behavior, though.

Dude got a hair up his butt about a cop speeding. Okay, understandable. But to then also speed and flag him down and get him to pull over yadda yadda yadda...

I get the point he's trying to make, but then he turns around and does the very thing he's pissy about the cop doing so he can try and make a point. Calling in a complaint would do about as much good as the scene he created. Which is to say, probably not much.

The cop lost his credibility with the "I'm the police" comment, but homefry lost his when when the cop asked what he wanted to do and all he could say was "I want you to drive the speed limit." Weak, and doing everything he did to get to that point was capped off by that.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In my defense, I didn't even watch the video. I was more talking about, not being too intimidated to call out a person of authority.

Hard to be clear with typed words.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well, from my POV if you're going to do that, you need two things:

1) you better be damn sure you're 100% right (this guy was, the cop was speeding)

2) have some semblance of a clue on how to make your statement. How being all encompassing from verbal to timing to where, etc. (this guy had zero clue)

And that's the problem with a lot of these kinds of videos: it's often times a person who thinks they know the law and can argue it. Often times they know a portion of a law but not all of it, and they suck, hard, at arguing it.

If you're gonna stick to your guns, better make sure they're loaded first.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

56 MPh in a 40 MPPH zone? This guy needs to get a life! The cops was right, if he pulled everybody over that was speeding.....

Cops, good cops, pull over speeders that are driving unsafely, not for just keeping up with the flow of traffic, traffic that almost always goes over the speed limit!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Talk about looking for trouble............I have to wonder.......The other driver also had to be speeding to gauge the speed the cop was traveling.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Agree with everything you wrote.

I just watched a video where some girl was being a ## to an officer. Officer friendly was polite as hell and this girl needed beaten. I hate these videos, as they show the bad side of either party. Both parties have pricks, for sure, but it's not the norm.

The only altercation I was in that damn near turned violent, was when an off duty officer accidentally drove through and got stuck in my front yard... Long story but all ended well. Kinda.

We have a neighbor that calls the cops on us about once a month, so I deal with the police a lot. I'm never doing anything wrong nor illegal and the cops that have to respond are generally very nice. There's been a several times where the officer cops an attitude and the F-bombs start from both of us, but they're rare and always end with us in agreement and shaking hands.

The neighbor that calls the police moved here from the City and hates guns, dirt bikes, quads, bon-fires, hunting and anything fun. So we're not a good fit together.... Wish it was illegal to call the police for BS.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Obviously you should not have put your yard in front of his vehicle.

Duh.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Looks like a citizen who was asking for trouble. The officer didn't have the right to speed but he would be the the one carrying the gun. This could have ended up in a much worse outcome. I'm not saying all officers are wanna be Rambos but I don't know what was going through his mind at that time. Was it worth the time of the citizen to pull over someone on a busy street risking any of them getting hit by another vehicle?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join