It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia fumes at expulsion of TV reporter from Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

I'm still waiting to see if Saddam has those weapons of mass destruction

Maybe they were buried at sea with Bin Laden, I mean they were so dangerous those pesky WMDS -

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

it is clear as to what she says and Zig Heil is not it.

You are denying the obvious, again ...

This is not some random photo when people trying to see "Zig Heil" gesture when the hand is raised.
There is a clear gesture and words and swastika on the screen of PC and you are still in denial ...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

You are denying the obvious, again ...

Actually the obvious thing is the thread is about what Russia has said not why she was removed from Ukraine. Had I wanted to go that direction I could have, but I didn't so what she was expelled for is not relevant to the premise of the thread.

I mention propaganda and lies that Channel one has reported, because she is from Channel One.

There is a clear gesture and words and swastika on the screen of PC and you are still in denial ...

You do understand that saying Sieg Heil doesn't make you a Nazi...saying Heil Hitler on the other hand is a different story.

In fact it makes you a Roman...

The salute gesture is widely believed to be based on an ancient Roman custom.[14] However, no surviving Roman work of art depicts it, nor does any extant Roman text describe it.[14] Jacques-Louis David's painting Oath of the Horatii (1784) seems to be the starting point for the gesture that became known as the Roman salute.[15][16] The gesture and its identification with ancient Rome was advanced in other French neoclassic art.[17][18][19] This was further elaborated upon in popular culture during the late 19th and early 20th centuries in plays and films that portrayed the salute as an ancient Roman custom.[20] This included the silent film Cabiria (1914), whose screenplay was written by the Italian ultra-nationalist Gabriele d'Annunzio, arguably the forerunner of Benito Mussolini.[21] In 1919, when he led the occupation of Fiume, d'Annunzio adopted the style of salute depicted in the film as a neo-Imperialist ritual;[22] and it was quickly adopted by the Italian Fascist Party.[22]

en.wikipedia.org...

SO in all actuality she could be doing a Roman salute, because the Nazi party stole it from them.

As for the swastika on the PC screen...must just be yours as I didn't see it in the video.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Seems that there are all kinds of tactics of speak happening when it come to the subject of Ukraine / ?????/Putin/Russia . Congressman Dana Rohrabacher grills U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power on Ukraine ...Now with a passing observation of this video without knowing that Samantha Power is actually somewhat of a expert on the subject of genocide so her testimony might be considered purgery .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You do understand that saying Sieg Heil doesn't make you a Nazi...saying Heil Hitler on the other hand is a different story.

Well, if you say so. Let's pretend Hitler wasn't a nazi, here he didn't said "Heil Hitler"

youtu.be...

You are clutching at straws.

Also, from this wikipedia article, it says

The salute gesture is widely believed to be based on an ancient Roman custom.[14] However, no surviving Roman work of art depicts it, nor does any extant Roman text describe it.

So, you meaning modern Mussolini "Roman", Q.E.D. - quod erat demonstrandum

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Reminds me of this story , Remember Anna Politkovskaya ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Politkovskaya was found dead in the lift, in her block of flats in central Moscow on 7 October 2006, the birthday of Vladimir Putin.[49] She had been shot twice in the chest, once in the shoulder, and once in the head at point-blank range.[50]

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Contrary to popular Russia belief, the US MSM are not that interested in Putin or Russia. Our daily news feeds aren't plastered with anti Russian propaganda and rhetoric. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Russia with their hardcore anti US propaganda being fed to them day and night by all of their news outlets.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Unlike the truths that Russian media tells their citizens, and they think the world actually believes it.

You know, Russian media can be funny too. Imagine you've learned Russian language and coming to the talk show on this horrible Russian state controlled TV. You are trying to sell your vision. There is such a man in Russia, journalist Michael Bom
(www.kyivpost.com... little bit info about Bohm)

He is frequent guest on the main Russian channel.
One of the best moments youtu.be... ( sorry they all talk Russian)
youtu.be...
"Michael, God damn it to hell" lol youtu.be...

edit on 3-7-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You know, Russian media can be funny too. Imagine you've learned Russian language and coming to the talk show on this horrible Russian state controlled TV. You are trying to sell your vision. There is such a man in Russia, journalist Michael Bom

What exactly does any of that have to do with Russia being upset at their journalist being expelled from Ukraine?

You have been trying to steer this thread away from it's original premise...which was the hypocrisy in what they said it has nothing to do with what they put on their airwaves.

But of course it puts Russia in a bad lite, so it really isn't surprising that you have done what you have.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

But of course it puts Russia in a bad lite

What exactly ? Russian journalist was deported , how this puts Russia in a bad light ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You are clutching at straws.

WHy because it doesn't fit your Nazi Ukraine mindset?

Also, from this wikipedia article, it says

And it also says this had you read further down...

Jacques-Louis David's painting Oath of the Horatii (1784) seems to be the starting point for the gesture that became known as the Roman salute.[15][16] The gesture and its identification with ancient Rome was advanced in other French neoclassic art.[17][18][19] This was further elaborated upon in popular culture during the late 19th and early 20th centuries in plays and films that portrayed the salute as an ancient Roman custom.

And Italy actually used it before The NAzi's decided to use it...which still shows that just because it is used it doesn't make you a Nazi.

And just because you don't see it in paintings means it didn't happen. So I guess that means unless we take pictures or paint, or even write about it it didn't happen...history is in for a big shock if that is true.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

And just because you don't see it in paintings means it didn't happen. So I guess that means unless we take pictures or paint, or even write about it it didn't happen...history is in for a big shock if that is true.

Well, may be for you it will be a big shock, but this is a usual way how we know or guess history ( by writings, paintings, archaeological findings etc) The rest usually stays in ATS forums lol

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What exactly ? Russian journalist was deported , how this puts Russia in a bad light ?

Well let's see they are expelling a journalist that works for a media outlet that has brought us this in the past...

Also it doesn't look good when the media outlets that you have control over getting expelled for propaganda and falsifying stories doesn't make you look good.

Also making these statements...

"The current Ukrainian authorities will never understand that you cannot conceal the truth by intimidating and killing reporters," committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said in a statement.

While your own country does this and does it with impunity is another thing that doesn't show Russia in a good lite.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well, may be for you it will be a big shock, but this is a usual way how we know or guess history ( by writings, paintings, archaeological findings etc) The rest usually stays in ATS forums lol

Many things in history happened yet we don't see anything about them...does that mean they didn't happen?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And CNN, MSNBS etc are always infallible ? By this logic we can expel everyone.

What about current case, what are exactly your objections ?
Answer also, what this incident tells us about Ukraine "freedom of press" ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And CNN, MSNBS etc are always infallible ? By this logic we can expel everyone

If the US feels the need then so be it.

What about current case, what are exactly your objections ?
Answer also, what this incident tells us about Ukraine "freedom of press" ?

WHat are you talking about my objections?

Again I will say this slow for you to understand...Ukraine has the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to what they feel is wrongfully reporting about Ukraine, and do what they want to thoise they deem necessary to expell from their country.

As for Freedom of Press...SO Ukraine has to allow those who push lies and false stories about them, pretty sure those things don't fall under freedom of press.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abstractvision

Contrary to popular Russia belief, the US MSM are not that interested in Putin or Russia. Our daily news feeds aren't plastered with anti Russian propaganda and rhetoric. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Russia with their hardcore anti US propaganda being fed to them day and night by all of their news outlets.

My personal belief is that your daily news are more about gay marriage, Kim Kardashian, super bowl , Baphomet statues and similar stuff. But, there is also some news about "monster aggressive Russia", "Putin-Hitler" and the like.
In Russia there is a monitoring of foreign MSM with translation, not only from English language. So, who is really interested can see what is the world thinking about Russia. I myself also checking this site for non English information inosmi.ru...

But like in America, the majority doesn't have time or interest to crawl the web for different viewpoints.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Again I will say this slow for you to understand...Ukraine has the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to what they feel is wrongfully reporting about Ukraine, and do what they want to thoise they deem necessary to expell from their country.

And Russia have the right to say "we don't agree" and quote what this clown Markin said.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

WHat are you talking about my objections?

I haven't heard your version what was wrong about this particular journalist ? She used home video footage, so what ?
It is a current trend in journalism to use every thing to prove your point. Even in your State Department briefings they often citing some "social networks" lol

For your knowledge, it is Ukraine banned Russian TV earlier.
www.bbc.com...
rt.com...
As far as i know there is no similar measure in Russia ( though I'm not there and I don't watch TV 20 years)

edit on 3-7-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Wow, you couldn't argue the facts so you completely throw the U.S. under the bus instead lol. That shows everyone your true motives haha. Talk about off topic.

Here is an example for you. Thread Titled. "China steals everything made by another country, copies it and then makes billions off of their cheaper products".

Your response! Hey the U.S. bombed Hiroshima.

Please stop being a Hater. We know you hates us cause you aint us lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join