It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some believers say they're not of the world/flesh, but complain about homosexuality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Is it just me or are the majority of the most patriotic people in this country also Christian? If Christians aren't to love the world or anything in it as Jesus said, why are the most patriotic (those who LOVE America) almost always Christian as well? Seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

This might be a bit off-topic but I thought it fit well with the OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Don't worry, it's not off-topic. It fits right in with my question about how they claim not to be worldly but want to change the laws of the land and even claim that the land (worldly), was founded on their religious belief:

Trying to force your religious views of marriage on others, trying to force circumcision, trying to claim that a nation of this world is founded on your religion... these all seem like worldly matters (political even!)

To all of you who responded saying that accepting the blood-sacrifice for sins means sin loses it "fatal attraction", then why do many Christians who accepted the blood sacrifice still sin everyday even when they try not to? If selfishness, non-forgiveness, and greed are sins (against Christ's teachings) and if lying is a sin, then why do many believers not condemn that behavior as strongly as homosexuality?

There are even some believers who make sexual jokes, talk about their lust for the opposite sex (lack of modesty/focused worldly), or even like lesbians, or have no self-control when it comes to anger and non-forgiveness but condemn male homosexuals.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

For all of those claiming to be "not of the flesh/world" but "born again in spirit", have you overcome lust completely to live a celibate life as you call homosexuals to do, or is it just hypocrisy? Trying to force your religious views of marriage on others, trying to force circumcision, trying to claim that a nation of this world is founded on your religion... these all seem like worldly matters (political even!)

Where in the world do you get your ideas? You don't seem to have any perspective of what is going on in the world.

Being born again (phrase of many organized religions) does not mean that the born again is not of flesh. I don't know where you get that silliness from. To my knowledge a born again person is not required to live a celibate life except perhaps in cultish practice and mainstream religions have not proposed that they are to be forced to do so. I think your post should be on the Islam forum and not this forum. As far as religious views of marriage is concerned let me remind you of facts instead of garbage.

Before the SCOTUS passed an unlawful ruling against this government that homosexuals and lesbians can be recognized in CIVIL marriage, It was not the religions that kept this from happening but was the civil authorities that passed that law in the halls of congress and there has never been a majority of any certain religion that has ever governed this nation. No civil law has ever forced you to have circumcision

For you to assume that religions kept this from happening is not true. It was civil law that forbid this marriage and not religious law. Religious law has no arm in civil law at all. That civil Noahide law was illegally turned over by the five lawyers in black robes which some call a supreme court. The Constitution calls for congress to pass civil law and it was not done.

You are ignorant of most all that you post but then so are most that try to embrace abomination.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I think your post should be on the Islam forum and not this forum.

You do realize this is a religion forum and not a christian forum, right? Christians don't own it.

That civil Noahide law was illegally turned over by the five lawyers in black robes which some call a supreme court.

Noahide laws are thre judeo-christian form of sharia. 1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Supreme Law of The United States is The Constitution, not Noahide Laws. Here is what The Founding Fathers said:

As the Government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the law, religion or tranquility of Musselmen; and as the states never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mohometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinion shall ever produce an interruption of harmony existing between the two countries.
- Treaty of Tripoli , 1796

It's strange how some christians claim to love the constitution but want to get rid of it by not respecting other people's Freedom of Religion and their right to have their own religious belief of marriage.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You do realize this is a religion forum and not a christian forum, right? Christians don't own it.

Who is discussing Christianity? Did I mention Christianity? Another conclusion you seem to have.

As the Government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the law, religion or tranquility of Musselmen; and as the states never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mohometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinion shall ever produce an interruption of harmony existing between the two countries.

Quite right. That is exactly what I said. I never mentioned Christianity and for your information the seven Noahide laws were not Christian laws. They were laws given thousands of years before Christianity was even thought of and given to the human race to have some sort of respect for all human beings. By the way, the Tripoli treaty is not considered civil law even though it was a approved congressional treaty but then re negotiated.

I never said the US was founded upon Christian law. It could not have been founded upon Christian law because that is forbidden as an assumption of separation of church and state. It was founded upon the seven laws of humanity which your black robed lawyers have just destroyed. Don't blame Christians for your approving an abomination towards the seven laws of humanity. If you want to suck on another man's beard and think it is fine then so be it but that does not make it natural and it will never be accepted by sane people.

Now as a last thought, go back and re read your treaty and then you will understand that is has been broken many times over and is now moot.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Noahide Laws
Seven commandments which, according to Jewish tradition, are incumbent upon all of humankind.

Noahide Laws are a tradition of Judaism, and therefore are in respect to a religion which violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. You're living Dream Land if you think the United States of America were established the basis of Noahide Laws!

edit on 3-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Noahide Laws are a tradition of Judaism, and therefore are in respect to a religion which violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. You're living Dream Land if you think the United States of America were established the basis of Noahide Laws!

Please don't play hop scotch anymore windword and address the posts. You are wrong on almost every challenge and you well know it. You are proven wrong so many times that you should be named wrong way windy. Judaism was not even thought of at the onset of the Noahide laws. You have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Just because you claim to have won an argument doesn't make you a winner. Just because you claim someone is wrong, doesn't make it so. You need to provide proof, or some semblance of logic, but you have not provided either.

You say that "God" gave these 7 laws to Adam, but there is no such Biblical record. Forget, for a moment, that Adam and Eve are mythical characters, meant to represent an allegorical message. Do not steal? Who was Adam going to steal from? What could have Adam have stolen? Think about that for a moment. You're suggesting that God instituted property rights to Adam and Eve! The same with Noah!

No sexual indiscretion by whose standards? Did "God" give Adam and Eve a positions manual and a list of does and don'ts? Did God forbid Adam and Eve to have oral sex?

THINK MAN!

The Noahide laws ARE Jewish tradition, as are the mythical stories of Adam and Eve and Noah and his ark. There is no way that the United States of America was built on Jewish traditional laws or any other religious law!

edit on 4-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You believe that God gave these Noahide Laws. It has to do with Noah - religion. It's like Sharia but a Judeo-Christian version, and that is unconstitutional. The 1st Amendment says that Congress doesn't make laws respecting an establishment of religion.

You are against Freedom of Religion, you want to force your view of marriage on others and stop gay couples from marrying, you are even trying to claim that Sharia... I mean Noahide Laws... are Government Law to justify forcing your beliefs on others to stop gay couples from marrying.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Christianity is ripe with hypocrisy brother... why even question it when you know this

As far as homosexual sex is concerned, they just screwed themselves anyways.... Pardon the pun

When one gets married... the sex is gone eventually anyways

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You believe that God gave these Noahide Laws. It has to do with Noah - religion. It's like Sharia but a Judeo-Christian version, and that is unconstitutional. The 1st Amendment says that Congress doesn't make laws respecting an establishment of religion. You are against Freedom of Religion, you want to force your view of marriage on others and stop gay couples from marrying, you are even trying to claim that Sharia... I mean Noahide Laws... are Government Law to justify forcing your beliefs on others to stop gay couples from marrying.

I do not expect you to agree. From your posts on this entire subject it leaves me to believe that you want nothing but agreement as to sexual perversion, That is your prerogative to accept or reject. You wish to not believe the Laws of humanity were given to mankind then that is simply your belief and if that is your belief then tell me when and where your scope of human law was developed.

Let's assume that there were no laws of human behavior and the bible is false and just a book of fiction. Who made the accepted laws of human kind? How did most all civilized people of various languages and culture come to accept basic laws of humanity? Why would one law be rejected by you and some others accepted?

You reject a portion of the forth law of humanity which forbids man to lay with man and woman to lay with woman. Then do you also accept the act of sexual relation between man and animal which is also part of the forth law of humanity. Do you also accept the right of man to have sexual relations with daughter or son which is also part of this forth law. How about sexually abusing a child or adultery which is also part of this forth law of humanity? You don't seem to be consistent in what you believe.

If your SCOTUS of nothing but black robed lawyers determined that a man can marry a goat then according to you that is alright? Or maybe a man can marry two goats? Maybe marry his little nine years old daughter? Or perhaps bugger his son? All part of this nasty ole law of humanity. After all isn't that his right to do so? Lets just change the laws from time to time according to what the lawyers want. But then if you want to change the law should it not be by the congress of the U.S. and not nine lawyers?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You wish to not believe the Laws of humanity were given to mankind then that is simply your belief and if that is your belief then tell me when and where your scope of human law was developed.

From empathy, something most social animals are born with.

About your questions regarding marriage...

Animals are not considered citizens of the United States, nor can they consent to a marriage. Children cannot consent, either (not just for marriage but any legal document/license).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join