It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon - Weapons in Space.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I put this in here in the light of the recent support from Richmond, California for the Space Preservation Act, and the resultant calls for help from people believing that they are being attacked by space based weapons.

see: paranoids?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"...intergalactic instruments of death."

Nothing like an exaggeration fallacy to ridicule the claimant.

It's called "avoiding the issue".

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jed Stuart

Why is this in the jokes forum? Are we saying these people are loonies?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Didn't even read the post or the link, just looked at the pic and loled. Starred.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: Jed Stuart

Why is this in the jokes forum? Are we saying these people are loonies?

If you read the article linked to in my post you will find that when Richmond City gave support to the Space Preservation Act many desperate people called them for help with what they perceive to be covert attacks from space. What I attempting to get people to think about with the cartoon is that their call for help should be taken seriously. Saying people are crazy is too easy a way to dismiss an issue. That is an old trick. You thought about it for a bit so I guess it worked a bit.

it occurs to me though that hoping for a city admin to deal with such a problem is a bit off target. It probably should really be addressed by some national or international police level, but does not seem to be on the agenda.

new topics

top topics

join