It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone: New Survival Show with 500K to the Winner.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Yeah, but the purpose of the show is to stick it out for the longest not make your way to civilization.

So, basically, whomever can tolerate being Alone the longest?

That would be the 'hardest' part of surviving on Vancouver Island.

I still can believe they advertised it as 'harsh', lol.

Well, if you call Alone surrounded by Bear, Cougar and Mollusc's yeah...Alone.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I wonder how this guy would fare on the show.....?

edit on 4-7-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I wonder how this guy would fare on the show.....?

Well...

The shelter he built was impressive. But let's face it, that shelter would be completely useless in the cold wet northwest pacific, particularly if it also needs to serve the purpose of protecting you from the large predators that roam the area.

Types of shelters are dependent on your surrounding environment and what the most important needs are specific to your surroundings, climate, wildlife, etc.

I'm actually enjoying this show so far. It's obvious to me that the biggest and most important issue that each and every one of these guys faces is the damn wildlife. Just that main factor alone is what's making or breaking them.

With that in mind, I don't understand why the hell these guys aren't busting their chops building a more permanent, safer shelter as fast as can... would that not be the most important thing knowing what kind of wildlife is prowling around them at night ?!

No proper shelter, no proper survival... particularly in the Canadian Pacific wilderness.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
I thought the most impressive thing about the Shelter the guy made was what he made it with, Stone tools he made himself and whatever else nature provided.

His wattle and daub shelter might just be better than anything we'll see built on Alone.

I'm enjoying the show myself but living like that would be a lot easier if they didn't have to do there own filming. Probably got so many hours to film day and night. Takes up valuable time and could effect your mind set.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I'm thinking Teepees worked for the Natives for thousands of years. Maybe Teepees?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent

10+ foot tall teepees with tough leather hide coverings, sure. That would be a great setup with a nice dry fire in the center of it.

But these tiny flimsy plastic tarp tents hung by a string is simply an invite for the wildlife to come snooping around. I get that they just tossed these things up as a quick temporary shelter... but it's day 5 now for crying out loud and only a few of them have even considered making something better for the long haul.

With a good shelter set in place, then one could spend their time concentrating on trapping, fishing, fresh water storage, creating ways to make life a little more comfortable, etc.

Don't get me wrong though... kudos to these guys for braving this extremely difficult endevour, not many of us could even attempt such a thing... but to waste your first few days scavaging for snails and mollusks ?!

To me that just makes no sense.

Shelter first, food can wait.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Les Stroud does this for every show..... Just him and his camera, out in the wild.
Bet he'd like to get half a million for it, LOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Episode 4 for anyone who might be interested.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm enjoying this show

I'd be scared sh*tless and wouldn't last one minute.

The guy with his own stone tools is impressive are we taking bets on who will win?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I'm enjoying this show

I'd be scared sh*tless and wouldn't last one minute.

The guy with his own stone tools is impressive are we taking bets on who will win?

The guy with the stone tools is not on this show. ??

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

not the guy in the video link there is one who has a room full of home made axes etc he made himself from stone,.sec ill find him.

ETA heheh they are all so hairy now Im trying to work out which one it was that had the stone tools, its hard to work out I may have to watch ep 3 again

edit on 10-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

not the guy in the video link there is one who has a room full of home made axes etc he made himself from stone,.sec ill find him.

ETA heheh they are all so hairy now Im trying to work out which one it was that had the stone tools, its hard to work out I may have to watch ep 3 again

Yeah, Got you now. Is he still in the show,? I'm sure that's them down to like 6 or something. Dan for me to be the Winner. The Guy is Breezing it mentally. Well, as far as we've seen from the Show edit.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I have no idea if he is, Im swathing through profile photos on their site of Grizzly Adams beards.

Dan for me to be the Winner.

I can't think of a Dan on the show?
www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I have no idea if he is, Im swathing through profile photos on their site of Grizzly Adams beards.

www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

www.history.com...

Dan is the Big dark haired, Canadian by the sounds of it, Guy...He just keep smiling when on camera. Looks like he's having a blast. Not seen much of him on the show TBH, so i guess he's doing just fine...His classic contribution to the show so far is..My wife is pregnant, I made her pregnant..

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
lol I heard that and belly laughed.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

His name is Sam haha. I think he's from Nebraska.

Mitch seems like he's doing pretty good but might get eaten by a cougar next episode.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent

I'm really enjoying the show thus far.

I love the fact that it's not a bunch of drama queen crap that you normally see with reality shows... this one has a nice matter-of-fact type of feel to it without all the mindless 'Jerry Springer' drivel.

So thanks for bringing it to our attention Goldcurrent, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Thumbs up for you !

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
anyone have a link to episode five ? or is their only 4 out right now ?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

There's only 4 episodes so far.

You'll have to wait until next week like the rest of us plebeians, pfft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join