It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Capitalism - A maximum wage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Medium sized Industrial Plant Engineering company (Asia) - Majority Shareholder
Asset management company (family office type (Europe)) - Equal Shareholder
Waste Conversion Company (US) - Major Shareholder

ATS: junior, assistant, apprentice, ----------- in charge. (Oh darn, I hope that I did not offend any position, I just meant below the bottom of the bottom)

basically retired but still being a pain in the butt for everyone
edit on 3-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: basically retired but still being a pain in the butt for everyone

edit on 3-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: PC Disclaimer edit as to not potentially upset any specific job title to a neutered insert anything format

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

so you don't work, got it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I work because I would not know what to do if I stopped which is why I keep getting involved in new stuff. What I don't do much of is sleep.

edit on 3-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: n't not 't

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't call deciding where to spend my money working, but to each there own.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I employ a lot of people and am forced to pay good wages and keep a comfortable workplace as the Giants are always there to take the best talent away. You call it goofing off; I call it making a difference.

Maybe I should just close all my companies so that I can ensure others make the money I leave available in my void and my employees can try and fend for themselves.

Nah.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Again, I wouldn't ever call spending money working. My guys make 25k a year, same as me. Do you pay your employees the same, or remotely close to what you make? I'll answer for you, you own an asian business so nope, not a chance in hell you do. Keep telling yourself you are part of the solution though, it's good for the ego.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I wouldn't call deciding where to spend my money working, but to each there own.

And there's the difference. The people who do consider it work, put the time and effort into spending the money wisely, and hopefully make more money as a result.

It's a difference in ideology and mindset that logic will never be able to overcome.

Those who resign themselves to financial and intellectual squalor will never be satisfied until they can drag everyone else down to their level. They see their situation as something thrust upon them and resent any suggestion that they have the power to change it.

Those who believe in making their own way in life, will never be satisfied with living in squalor. They see their situation as something of their own making, and are willing to change it if necessary.

Which is a good thing, in many ways. The world needs underachievers to fill all the low-skill low-wage jobs.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

Maybe I should just close all my companies so that I can ensure others make the money I leave available in my void and my employees can try and fend for themselves.

This is the rich man attitude by the way. DO IT, CLOSE THEM. you think someone won't be there in a second to pick up what you stopped? Man...you are really a sad case. You think YOU are the reason people have jobs.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

you clearly only read this post from me. you missed the one where I said i pay my guys 25k per year for part time work. Easy work, but actual work. I make 25k from my business too. i get about 15k relief a year in taxes simply because i pay so well.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

This is the rich man attitude by the way. DO IT, CLOSE THEM. you think someone won't be there in a second to pick up what you stopped? Man...you are really a sad case. You think YOU are the reason people have jobs.

Man, you are something. You advocate shutting companies that I happened to build and hand to other's to run as a responsible thing because I have done it well?! You are sad. Good luck and make sure you close your business before you die and make sure you don't do too well because then you will have rich man attitude…….

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You are the one that hinted at closing them, I simply called your bluff. Do it, you are well enough off it seems, sell out and pass the torch.

You clearly cannot pay your employees enough, so pass the torch.

How much are your UIE and WCI costs by the way? Do you even know?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
How is it you think that I cannot keep employees in a market that skilled positions are in high demand? Speculate much? What do you think Engineers are paid internationally? There are plenty of places to take skills when you have them so retention of personnel is always a factor (see how that works?). Just because you have no desire to develop your workforce beyond part time labor does not mean you can criticize my structure.

Pass the torch to who, you? Seems that someone like you would sell the company to a large competitor immediately, relax and blow the money on nonsense.

Yeah and there is no market for asset managers with their salt….

Good luck with your lemonade stand.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Man, you are something. You advocate shutting companies that I happened to build and hand to other's to run as a responsible thing because I have done it well?! You are sad. Good luck and make sure you close your business before you die and make sure you don't do too well because then you will have rich man attitude…….

Also to directly address this, your perception is so flawed you should run for political office. I DO run a business. It profits on average (depending on contracts) about 100k per year. I employ THREE PEOPLE. I PAY THEM 25 THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR EACH.

Yes I took a different approach towards business. I could EASILY drop my guys to 10k a year, putting an extra 45k a year in my pocket. I didn't do that. I figured out costs and legalities to hire them and keep them as independent contractors. They don't contract anything but the job I send them to. They also make no less than I would (after taxes of course).

So yea, i have an idea. I work a full time 38k a year management job because I want to pay my employees fair. Granted, I kick ass at my restaurant job, so most of that work can overlap with my business. Do your employees make 25k a year for 30-35 hours a week of work?

I'm happy to make less and say I pay 3 people very well rather than your road thinking you are important and what you do or own couldn't be replaced in a heartbeat. Your jobs could be replaced that fast, mine couldn't.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Why we need a maximum wage.

Before trickle down economics starting trickling down B.S. on the heads of the American worker, America was the most efficient machine the world had ever seen.

When I was 16 fast food companies were begging kids to work in my city through ROP programs. There were plenty of low income jobs and room for advancement.

Then a wonderful man but horrible president, Ronald Regan, convinced a nation to give more money to the wealthy with the promise of prosperity for the Middle class.

What was once a thriving market of small businesses completing for your dollars, became a few oil companies and a handful of bankers owning nearly 50% of the world.

What was once a thriving supply and demand marketplace has become a controlled supply, maximum profit machine. The corporations controll the supply of basic commodities to maximize profit without any concern for those who do without.

This is the problem with uncontrolled capitalism. It doesn't matter how much money a person has or makes, his corporation always has to make more money this year than it did last year.

For an established business there are only a limited number of ways to make more money.

The easiest and most effective ways to grow profits are to raise prices or cut labor. If a man has no limit set on how much he can make, he will continue to feel the need to increase profits indefinitely.

The world doesn't need billionaires with enough money to buy governments. This is absurd.

We need to return to the controlled capitalist system we had in place before Regan. And make the following changes; implement a maximum wage, eliminate the FED, eliminate all private banking, eliminate the IRS and move to a flat tax.

The wealthy didn't care about us in the 80's and they still don't give a crap about the people.

If we had a maximum wage and maximum amount of monetary wealth this could never happen.

We don't need billionaires!

Hell yes sir. Well put. Corporations should also be forced to give a % of profits to it's work force. I do not want the Government getting the money and redistributing it but I would like the government to regulate income.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You are joking with the engineers quote right? I think you are? Maybe not?

I'm starting to think you do not have a clue about business and are lying about what you supposedly own. What kind of engineers? What is the average salary? What is your % of employee taxes paid on average per employee? How much in UEI and WCI ( a rough guess will do)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I'll send you a PM so you can be satisfied, 1 company only in Tokyo that I will explain.

Good night for now.
edit on 3-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: readability

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They deserve to be a part of society. And the minimum wage earners are due their share of the corporate profits.

Arguing in favor of the type of income inequity we have currently means you are either part of the 1% or have no idea what you are talking about.

It's not possible to leave the system the way it is and still provide food and shelter for everyone, everywhere on the planet we share.

This is why I wonder if you care about the homeless?

It's called dehumanisation. In order to not give a damn you dehumanise a group then you no longer need to treat them has fellow human beings. This is how, in extreme cases, atrocities are commited. In milder forms it allows those in privileged or near privileged positions to blame the plight of the poor on the poor themselves : drug takers, alcoholics, smokers, feckless, lazy etc etc.

They are still trying that approach over in the UK but they (the tories + Daily Mail) have a problem. The vast majority of the welfare bill goes to pensioners and low paid workers. Pensioners who have worked all their lives paying stamp duty that goes towards their pensions and low paid workers who are clearly not "feckless" or "lazy" merely unfortunate enough to be working for companies not willing to pay a fair wage.

Those low wage comapnies are in essence getting subsidies by the rest of the working tax payers. That effective subsidy does not end up in the employees pockets but the owners who drive around in f-off huge luxury cars (a quick visit to your local private retirement home where the staff are on minimum wage will prove this)

If the government removes the low pay welfare would the employers increase their wages to compensate ? ..........only an idiot would answer yes.

Solution : raise the minimum wage to a sufficient high level that the welfare top up is no longer needed. This levels the playing field for companies who are try to be ethical but cannot currently compete with unethical low payers.

I can hear the capitalist defenders panicking already.....high minimum wage ....OH MY GOD!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't see what good a maximum wage would do. Billionaires don't get wages. You could suggest salary caps, but there are ways around that, too. How about a law saying no one is allowed to have more than X dollars? There are ways around that, too.

Money, banking, economy, wealth, etc. They are all numbers games. There will always be people who are really good at the game, no matter what the rules are.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Literally what is happening to America. People want $15 an hour for jobs that a 15 year old can do and now people want a maximum wage because it's "unfair." You people realize that this is still America right? Home of the American Dream? Ring any bells? No. Ok. I must not be tuned in to MSNBC as much as the rest of the forum.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Once you have government dictate what a person can make, you might as well take capitalism out of the equation and just leave the word, "Control".

To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "Capitalism is the worst form of economics, until you compare it to everything else."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join