It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got pulled over today .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

lol I edited
look I would have a clue if a car needs fixing
i am useless

my first car I bought for $220 hit a pot hole and the starter motor died

my ex was striped naked at cops for faking their lisence
they let me go.. asked why would I lie like that.. I said why wouldnt I lie for them

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Well, drive safe little misses..
Haters gonna hate.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

All my threads are open to anyone. I was waiting on the black diamonds or the Irish Rovers in that thread .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

never hate

I thought my lover has killed himself

didn't see a point in living a life like that

nvm :p sorry for yaping
EDIT: no more drama intended
edit on 2-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

believe me the storker me I got a hit from that thread
sorry for of topic
glad I picked up ur username felt sorrow I haven't seen u since ur women's thread
and you were here all along ...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Cool story, I wish I read more from the US

Here in the UK nobody is scared if police pull you over, maybe scared of financial penalty for breaking the law or something, but none of that 'hands on the steering wheel' stuff scared they will hurt us.
That said, I've been let off for loads of stuff over the years by just acting respectful and sheepish/sorry, even after skipping red lights when it was safe, and one time doing an intentional 4 wheels off the ground jump hitting a raised mini roundabout in my Jeep.

It's all about treating the referees as human beings. I've got a mate who gets nicked for all sorts of minor driving crimes because he comes out with grumpy lines like "haven't you got any more important crimes to deal with than..." whereas I would get away with a friendly chat.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

believe me the storker me I got a hit from that thread
sorry for of topic
glad I picked up ur username felt sorrow I haven't seen u since ur women's thread
and you were here all along ...

One cool cat he is..
Glad he got away from the MAN..

My last copper story is a wild one. A tale for another day.

As scary as cops can be, especially when they Step up on you, it's easy enough to make them unafraid, and much more willing to have a normal human conversation with you.

Some people are just asking for it.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Honestly it's not that I was scared of the police. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I'm sure police are sometimes scared as they approach a vehicle .

It may be a personal belief, but I try not to agitate anyone with a gun hey philosophy like that just makes sense to me .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ah, I wasn't implying that you were scared, just that the whole 'hands on the steering wheel' standard practice thing is alien to us in the UK.
Whenever I get pulled over I just stop, put the hazard warning lights on and calmly exit the car to walk to the police car behind with a friendly face.
Different worlds is all.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Honestly it's not that I was scared of the police. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I'm sure police are sometimes scared as they approach a vehicle .

It may be a personal belief, but I try not to agitate anyone with a gun hey philosophy like that just makes sense to me .

I have to agree with Gos here, there is a definate difference between the UK and US as far as the police are concerned.

I am happy that you did the right thing and are still here to tell a great tale, I worry a little about you folks in situations like this.

In the UK getting pulled is something of an annoyance at best, if your all good then your looking at some points on your licence at worst and both you and the copper knows it.

As Grainofsand says it's a different world.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

A mate was coming back from running a disco late one night. He had a system playing the car stereo through the disco speakers in the back of his estate car. Of all tracks it was Rage Against The Machine Killing In The Name playing so loud birds were probably dropping dead out of the trees as he drove slowly back through the Gloucestershire lanes a little tanked up. He noticed headlights behind him. After a while he realised he was seeing the lights a bit too clearly. Suddenly realised he was driving along with the boot open. Stopped in a gateway and got out to close the boot. It was a police car following him. They smiled and drove by.

Captain Spanner. RIP.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

True, I got pulled last week for a broken brake light on the van. The officer laughed when I said "nice one for letting me know, It's hard to check without getting a mate or putting a few house bricks on the pedal".
Police departments/constabularies don't make any money out of penalties/fines for themselves in the UK though, it all goes to central government so I can see how it could be different in the US.
That, and they carry firearms.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It's the guns that make me polite..
Of course getting tazed is no picnic either.

ouchie puffs.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I can agree with GOS also there is a world of difference between the two types of policing . The police are under more threat here so they respond more aggressively . But it's not the Wildwest you guys don't have to worry we get along quite nicely in the vast majority of road stops .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The police are under more threat here so they respond more aggressively

Sadly that is the single reason I have never visited the US.
I have traveled the world, even paying $50 US dollars to illegally enter Cambodia a few times, not scary at all, but I am put off entering the US legally.
Every person I know (every one) has come back with tales of horrible and scary encounters with officials.
That is pretty sad in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
You bowed down to the man! You should have rolled your window down 1/2 an inch and repeatedly asked if you were being detained instead of answering any questions! And also used both hands to flip him the bird instead of just one because reasons! And also had an AR strapped to your back and then begun questioning him as to why he didn't support the 2nd amendment!

That's all I got. Honestly my heart isn't in it to come up with a good and ridiculous rant. Your beard is too epic.

Stop laying rubber. Check the grille before you indicate how much you think the other driver is #1. Have a good 4th. Drive safe, wear your seatbelt, drink milk.

(That was tongue in cheek. I'm sure you get it, others may not. Except for the drink milk part. And wearing your seatbelt.)

Only one lecture per road check officer ? Lol

Milk does a body good, and I will NOT retract that portion of my statement. The rest, you may ignore

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Don't believe everything you hear.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Don't believe everything you hear.

I believe my mates, don't you?
Angry cops, angry border guards because a mates foot was 1 inch over some line on the floor, what should I believe you over my mates?
Nah, I've no interest in spending my money in the US.
No disrespect to the average citizen, but EVERY mate who has been there has come back with scary stories of control freak officials.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It depends on the attitude. If they're going to get pissed off because a cop tells you to move your foot. You probably are going to have a bad time as a matter of fact I can guarantee it .

Myself maybe it's because I'm American but I would just move my foot and avoid the whole issue .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

hm or taking girls from clubs cause they don't look old enough
and raping them by the river

lucky u trusted them .. cause at the end of the day they are ur neighbour
edit on 2-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join