It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto has EVENLY spaced huge dark spots!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks like the impact chain from Shoemaker-Levy when it impacted Jupiter some years ago. It's more than likely a comet debris impact chain.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Alien mining operations? Ancient orbital bombardment of a military outposts?

Huh. So that's where Iconia was.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks to me like they are bermps, and the dark characteristic is the shadows of the bermps.. in a word, Pluto 's got Carbuncles

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The "impact chains" remind me of the early images made of Phobos from Mariner 9. The many images were made into a crude map of the surface which showed several areas of small, equally placed craters on the surface. I was curious and asked Thomas Duxbury about how they be be so artificial looking. In a return letter, he denied that they existed (on his own map)! Listen people, NASA/JPL have a long history of hiding data from us and that much beloved fellow Carl Sagan was in the middle of it.

Later, the term "impact chain craters" was coined. You know, they never did satisfactorily explain the voids in Phobos or the mysterious grooves. I wonder if Pluto also may be found to be of a far lighter mass than its circumference would dictate?
edit on 2-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Scorched areas, most likely, I think. My bet is either natural tar/carbon rich areas or Asteroid impact sites.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Planetary barcodes.

Or, I can kind of imagine a situation where a moon the size of say Charon was elliptically orbiting where it was just grazing the surface of Pluto for about 4 orbits, each time rather than a catastrophic collision like in the movie, it was timed so that it rolled over the surface of Pluto lightly gashing the surface. The faults in this theory being that surely they should have eventually broken up completely and finishing smooshed together back into a ball. But perhaps Charon has a sharp outcrop of rock, which rolled just right into a similar rocky outcrop (like mountainy sized) and that "bounced" the orbit of Charon back into a stable non-destructive pattern?

?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Looks like the impact chain from Shoemaker-Levy when it impacted Jupiter some years ago. It's more than likely a comet debris impact chain.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Alien mining operations? Ancient orbital bombardment of a military outposts?

Huh. So that's where Iconia was.

I see what you did there...you can't sneak a Star Trek reference past me!

I wonder if that episode inspired the guy who wrote Stargate?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

what could cause these evenly spaced dark spots?!?

And what are they?

They are the vast mycelial colonies of Yuggoth.

I'm bettin'.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
After a cursory look at this animated .gif from the

New Horizon's Mission to Pluto : Watch thread,

the dark spots look like shadows from a large set of mounds/grooves from my novice perspective.
edit on Thu Jul 2 2015 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Huh......hadn't seen any Pluto pics yet, and these are certainly interesting!! Those spots could be craters, but they are so regular! Another solar system mystery, like we have with Iapetus. You have to wonder if anyone knows. Is there information being hidden, or are the scientists as much in the dark as the rest of us?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Perhaps a series of meteors hit it and they are evenly spaced because of Pluto's rotation. Kind of like what happened with comet Shoemaker-Levy9 when it disintegrated in evenly spaced pieces and hit Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

what could cause these evenly spaced dark spots?!?

And what are they?

They are the vast mycelial colonies of Yuggoth.

I'm bettin'.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

I like that, Lovecraftian stuff is great LOL. It's actually a set of signs, the primary two say "Exit" and "Last Alien Out, Please Turn Off Lights."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Didn't part of the story about the US secret Nasa program include a bit about Pluto?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

A fifty m/ton nuclear explosion has a blast radius of 35 miles.
If it's impact craters from weapons they'd need to be pretty big.....

snf

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's a long dormant space ship and those are engines... heh

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40
The Levy impacts were anything but evenly spaced. They looked just like messy impacts. These holes? Are evenly spaced and exactly 300 miles in diameter... 4 coincidences?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Remember how exciting everyone was when the spots appeared on Ceres? Aliens! Alien artifacts! Cryovolcano! Turns out to be prosaic. The only difference between Ceres and Pluto for me is the fact Pluto has a temp hazy atmosphere--automatically piques my interest. It actually has snowed on Pluto. Ceres has a very thin atmosphere, but from what I can tell, its atmosphere isn't as fun, it's merely a factoid.

AND some moons. A jupiter moon is still miles better, iimho. Not only are they closer to the sun, but the immense gravity tides make it interesting. But the fact Pluto has moons does make it more fun.

Pluto is now basically a sister of the Kuiper belt. No longer a planet. Just a dwarf! So maybe studying it gives us some insight about that.

en.wikipedia.org - Kuiper belt...

For whatever worth, also consider pluto is ~16,647,940 sq km. Ceres is ~2,770,000 sq km. Pluto is a bigger dwarf planet.
edit on 2-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I would guess some kind of impact crator, or some kind of element deposits..

Let us remember Pluto, is alien to us, so it maybe something we have never thought off....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

I gave this example as a general idea as to how those series of "spots" might have been created. All situations are different. Yes, the chunks of rock that hit Jupiter weren't exactly evenly spaced. My intention was to illustrate a theory.
For all we know, this phenomena on Pluto might actually have been created from within.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It is a side effect of the ancient mass effect relay which is buried in ice within the body of what we call Charon.
...ahh, yes "reapers", we have dismissed that claim.

In all seriousness, very cool. My first thought as already expressed by others is a series of impacts, but I'm still hoping for alien observation outpost.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Shadows from their satellite dishes. Should have gone with cable Pluto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join