It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very sad for my country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Was going to put this in the Rant forum, but I'm actually too sad and depressed to work up a good rant. All I can do is shake my head and wonder - what the heck happened? I don't know. Maybe it's the rarified air in California. I'd hope for different results in the heart of America where people actually care and have values other than what is put in front of them on the boob tube.

Heck it took a guy from Italy to have knowledge of our history and what independence is all about and from whom we fought for that independence. ~ shaking head in disgust

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Just shows why us Brits should be happy you guys parted ways

In some ways we won and got the better deal cutting you guys loose

edit on 2-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Normally I do not get all "gung-ho" about patriotism and all that, but it's absolutely vital that people in this country understand what our ancestors had to do to win their freedom and why the 4th is important.

They should have paid attention, because it appears that we may have to do the same in the near future.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

And these people vote.

Yes I said it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

And these people vote.

Yes I said it.

Yes,

Yes they do.

They should be handing out Brawndo - The Thirst Mutilator, out while they are interviewing.

edit on 2-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We are Americans...We never quit.

We're 12-2

Things will change when Neville Obama leaves office.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I don't think I can even argue that point and that's unfortunate.

Are people, people you, I and the rest of us, come across each day, some of whom we rely upon for vital services - are they that stupid and clueless? Heck even if you have no idea what the 4th of July and Independence Day is all about, wouldn't you think about Googling it?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Make no mistake not all of us fall into that.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP.
Wow, they dunno. Gee, like, I dunno. Guess most people cheated their way through schools, ditched it, or just had bad schooling overall, to not even know SIMPLE facts about the Fourth of July. I'm sorry but even if you're ask random question, caught out in public like that you should at least know something about the Fourth of July. Add in the obligatory Idiocracy movie notation as it's well deserved.

Hah, NO wonder why I and others were met with such disdain and ridicule with sharing about NSA spying on the Fourth of the year it was exposed. Yeah, coming from the people who don't know their # from their # but were celebrating?

To those people: Enjoy your empty calories this commercial holiday all the while your country claims it doesn't know why you're getting fat.

Poor Dice, I would have cried.

edit on 2-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I'm feeling your pain today, too. Do you ever watch Jessee Watters when he does his "on-the-street" interviews. It sickens me to see how ill-informed people have become, especially the youth.

There has been a slow steady decline and I think it is by design. Take a little away here, nudge something there, demonize patriotic pride, give everybody a trophy, minimize the American Dream or give it a new meaning, and ....voila! Fundamental Transformation! It's been a long time coming, but I'm afraid we are now on the downhill slide.

There is only one thing they haven't been able to figure out how to destroy yet...I won't tell you what it is because some on this board will poo-poo it. But, hide and watch. Before this man is out of office, there will be an attempt to get it done.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm using a public computer and forgot my headphones. Could you share what the video contains? Just a brief synopsis.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Meh, the people who knew the answers aren't included. I would like for Dice to keep track of how many knew the right answers. Still, it is shocking so many people know zero basic facts about our history. That's why the whole Confederate flag business ticks me off because it's a campaign fueled by ignorance and hate. All these people saying the flag represents oppression of Blacks yet know nothing about the war, the causes leading to it or the fallout from it yet have the nerve to tell everyone what the flag means.

The quote "those who fail to remember their history are doomed to repeat it" comes quickly to mind. Americans as a people have embraced ignorance, laugh about what they don't know then get screwed for it. Yep, it's bordering on Idiocracy for sure.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Do you suppose that this fellow is also showing the video results of people who did know the answers to his questions?
I myself, suppose not.
It would not support his comedy
It would not support his bias about stupid people
Who is this guy anyway but a Jay Leno wannabe?
Heres my point..I graduated high school in 1965. As I looked around me at the classes of 66 67 68, I looked at those kids and thought to myself, we are in deep guano if these are the future voters of America so I do not disagree that there are a whole lot of dim wit citizens who are not up to speed on what to them is irrelevant information.

I also suppose that those who wring their hands in dis pare over others lack of interest in history and political important issues are also people who find fault with other people who DO find these things to be of importance yet have come to widely different conclusions as to the why this is happening, how it has all come about and what we can do about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The feeling is mutual.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew it was about an Alien invasion?

WTF sort of history do they teach in schools nowadays...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I guess you didn't watch the video? The woman who said the 4th was basically to celebrate the end of the Civil War was in her 60's. Some of the others looked to be in their late 30's and 40's. These are people who didn't get participation trophies, grew up saying the pledge like good little authoritarian drones, etc.

Personally, I don't think patriotism is demonized at all. What I do see is a lot of people trying to score political points with garish exaggerated displays and accusations leveled against others of a lack of patriotism. That sort of behavior should be derided and ridiculed.

I think it has more to do with if you ask enough people, you'll find enough idiotic responses to make a YouTube video.
edit on 2015-7-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

What does Obama have to do with the ignorance of a bunch of people who finished compulsory education before he was in office? Seems like a bit of a reach to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I don't think I can even argue that point and that's unfortunate.

Are people, people you, I and the rest of us, come across each day, some of whom we rely upon for vital services - are they that stupid and clueless? Heck even if you have no idea what the 4th of July and Independence Day is all about, wouldn't you think about Googling it?

You all 'across the pond' got the Marshall Plan after WWII, we just got the bill. LOL - you may be right.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I wouldn't be too concerned OP, there are uneducated folk in all nations.
I bet if I spent less than an hour in my high street I could find a few folk who don't know what happened to Britain in 1066.
Uneducated folk can still be patriotic and care for their country even if they don't know the history.

...I'll admit it surprised me though, I thought pretty much the whole world identifies the 4th of July as your day of the year.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

And these people vote.

Yes I said it.

And these people breed and pass along their infinite wisdom.

Faster than intelligent people.
edit on 2-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join