It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a bombing on a spanish coastal hotel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Currently holidaying in Southern Spain , can't say I have heard anything on the Spanish or English language radio stations .

It is however very hot - but I shall remain vigilant from my sun lounger / swimming pool .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's not likely to be ETA, they gave up their campaign unilaterally some time ago.
I think some has got the Alicante story from one of the tabloids like the Daily Mail, I looked at that one and couldn't find a date for the story other than today's date at the top.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
ok peeps I've managed to get in touch with wifey.

the bombings happened yesterday at noon exactly.

levante hotel costa blanca and an incident in Alicante.

she has informed me that the blanca bombing had about fifteen casualties including two police apparently not too serious of injuries.

there is little information on the Alicante situation, however she informed me it was mentioned on the Spanish news channel with very little specifics.

according to wifey there are swarms of garda in the area and she talked to two holidaymakers who witnessed the incident at the levanter hotel yesterday. she says the staff are flapping about losing tourists so I can understand why they are trying to keep it low key

it's all I have at the mo. i'm hoping everyone stays safe and apologies if I alarmed anyone.

regards fakedirt.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Sounds grim.
Damage reputation to a European union travel destination through terrorism would be worse for the elite than Tunisia.

Gotta keep those Euros flowing....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Costa news seem to be claiming someone just picked up the old story...

"Outdated sparks Benidorm bomb fear

www.costa-news.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So there were identical bombings 12 years apart, almost to the day, with one of the victims from the first being involved in this one as well? This is really strange if it is verified....I can still only find the story on the one from 2003 and it is identical to what you are telling us, down to the hotel and the beaches.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

www.costa-news.com...

Yeah, but the OP says his wife is there and she is telling him there are swarms of police there and she spoke to 2 people that actually witnessed it happen.

So the only options are the OP's wife is hoaxing him, or an identical bombing just happened from 12 years ago.
edit on 7/2/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I confirmed with the wife the points I have posted. I assure you she wouldn't hoax me on this. she is very surprised there is no media coverage outside of spain asking a number of times if I am sure.

some hotel staff she has talked to she explained were very uncomfortable about elaborating further on the matter. she tried to get information on the Alicante situation and has been met with shrugs, hand gestures etc.

i'm assuming that this is Spanish homegrown and the authorities are downplaying the matter. to their credit they did give forewarning whereas it could have been worse.

f.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So strange....

Read this link from July 23, 2003 and let me know if it is identical to what she says is going on there now. If so, it is hard for me to wrap my brain around it.

Article

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

the information she supplied was the levante hotel costa blanca and another hotel in Alicante. 15 people injured including two garda at noon yesterday. she said there were at least ten garda civil vehicles and many garda around the area as of this afternoon.

f

btw I did ask her to sniff around for more when convenient. regarding the Alicante incident she didn't know any thing specific.

edit on 2-7-2015 by fakedirt because: added

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I agree with you that this is strange. I was unaware of the 2003 incident until I posted this.

she will contact me on Saturday unless she finds anything out in the meantime.

f

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Scouse100

www.costa-news.com...

Yeah, but the OP says his wife is there and she is telling him there are swarms of police there and she spoke to 2 people that actually witnessed it happen.

So the only options are the OP's wife is hoaxing him, or an identical bombing just happened from 12 years ago.

Oh gosh no not saying that at all, that's why I said "claiming"!

I wonder then if there has been a bombing and the press have picked up the old story by accident as they are well known to just repeat and regurgitate what the others are saying?

Fakedirt, how much of the info does your wife have first hand and how much from the media (that could be from the old story)?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

she said she noticed swarms of police around the beachfront, asked some staffers at a nearby hotel who informed her of the event and was informed by two persons on the front about the levante hotel evacuation and subsequent blast injuries. she was informed about Alicante shortly after. she watched some Spanish news which mentioned one of the incidents but with scant information more like a side note.
i'm afraid that's all I have at the moment. contacting her after the initial post was problematic as I couldn't get mobile connection and gave up after several attempts. I then phoned direct landline to premises where she elaborated some more.

f

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So strange....

Read this link from July 23, 2003 and let me know if it is identical to what she says is going on there now. If so, it is hard for me to wrap my brain around it.

Article

It is identical, yet it's not ETA they have stopped.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
a reply to: Scouse100

she said she noticed swarms of police around the beachfront, asked some staffers at a nearby hotel who informed her of the event and was informed by two persons on the front about the levante hotel evacuation and subsequent blast injuries. she was informed about Alicante shortly after. she watched some Spanish news which mentioned one of the incidents but with scant information more like a side note.
i'm afraid that's all I have at the moment. contacting her after the initial post was problematic as I couldn't get mobile connection and gave up after several attempts. I then phoned direct landline to premises where she elaborated some more.

f

I think the real question here is, what is your wife doing in Spain without you? LOL....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I read the article and it is not the same hotel.
f

edit on 2-7-2015 by fakedirt because: sp

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OK, I will ask what nobody else has. How can there be a bombing (identical to one that happened in 2003) in a tourist resort and now there are "swarms of police around the beachfront" yet absolutely no media coverage and, more shockingly, nothing on social media? Nobody in Spain has a cell phone? I call hoax.

Edit to add: I will come back on bended knee to apologize if this turns out to have really happened. But I doubt I will have to do that.
edit on 2-7-2015 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

good question. I don't do hotels. backpacking floats my boat. the missus is there with the mother in law lol.

I have 10 weeks backpacking amassed for my next jolly.

f

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

good question. I don't do hotels. backpacking floats my boat. the missus is there with the mother in law lol.

I have 10 weeks backpacking amassed for my next jolly.

f

HA! Oh yeah....I would have avoided that trip at all costs.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

I am just conveying information the wife passed to me today. she was quite sincere about it as well as worried. i'm just glad she is safe and no-one has died.
no bended knee required. I was quite happy carrying out my contractural duties today when she phone my clients address. that alone was unusual as she will not contact me unless it is an emergency.
I must admit I got worried when I couldn't contact her via mobile.
as to hoax, I will say she would never do that. she never forgot pulling shrapnel out of me 25 years ago lol.
f.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join