It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a bombing on a spanish coastal hotel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have it on good authority that a bomb was detonated (possibly two) in a hotel on the Spanish coast this morning.

I received a phone call from someone close to the incident today before lunchtime.
I was informed that as the hotel was being evacuated, the bomb exploded and there are a number of casualties both tourists and Spanish garda. no fatalities were reported. it is claimed that a Spanish group was responsible and that they gave warning of the impending explosion.

during the course of the afternoon, I have been tuned to the radio here in the uk. any news? zilch, nada, nein, niet, non.

my current thoughts on this.

is there a blanket ban of the reporting of this incident for fear of repelling tourists from spain?
after what went down in Tunisia, could this be the case?

is this eta, basque Spanish homegrown or possibly sanctioned from further afield?

if I receive any more information, it will be posted as soon as.

regards fakedirt

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

If it doesn't fit the agenda, they would rather people didn't find out.

Can't capitalize on a good tragedy? Let's sweep it under the rug...

I think that is the mentality of those in the media

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Could well be although social media goes wild when things like this happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
all I have uk side is radio silence. I have tried to contact the person Spanish side but cannot get connection.

f

link   
I found this, but can't tell when it is from:

ETA....old bomb story from 2003...sorry.
edit on 7/2/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   

I've done a number of searches to see if anything is being reported online but can't find a thing. Very peculiar... especially if there are casualties.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

indeed, that seems about as accurate as the information I received this morning.

hoping it's not too nasty.
f

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Actually now that I think about it, the OP story sounds a lot like the one from 2003. There is no date on this article and could be where the OP friend is getting it from.

Source

2 blasts at a tourist hotel from 2003....sounds a lot like the OP story.

British holidaymakers were warned to be vigilant today after two terrorist bombs exploded in one of Spain's most popular tourist areas.
One UK tourist was hurt in the two explosions and eight people were slightly injured after the bombs went off within minutes of each other on the Costa Blanca.
The blasts were at the Nadal hotel on the Levante beach in Benidorm and at the Hotel Residencia Bahia in central Alicante.
Police had earlier evacuated the areas after a telephone caller claiming to represent the Basque terrorist group Eta told the Basque newspaper Gara the explosions would take place at 12.30pm local time.
The Foreign Office later confirmed that one British female was injured in the Alicante blast and was released from hospital after having stitches to a small wound.

This event happened in July of 2003 though.
edit on 7/2/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Looks like this event was July 22 2003 (I typed in the two hotels listed in that article and found multiple articles about the Basque terror group ETA and this other article) www.irishtimes.com...

ETA: VasaCroe, I was too slow

edit on 2-7-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

strange edit there. this is unusual as the article was quite accurate.

f

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Found this now 404d but here is the cached page, don't know about the source, not heard of it before...

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:trendingexposed.com... s-hits-benidorm/

edit on 2-7-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
peeps, the source was my wife. I am trying to contact her but to no avail. she wouldn't tell porkies so I will check in later hopefully with an update.

regards fakedirt

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Damn I can't post the link, type the link below into the google cache page...

trendingexposed.com...

cachedview.com...
edit on 2-7-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

peeps, the source was my wife. I am trying to contact her but to no avail. she wouldn't tell porkies so I will check in later hopefully with an update.

regards fakedirt

Who knows then...maybe there was another bombing close the anniversary of the 2003 one with similar outcomes.

Either way....let us know what she says when you get her.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

the cache shows a 404.

f

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100
Damn I can't post the link, type the link below into the google cache page...

trendingexposed.com...

cachedview.com...

Yeah...now that is REALLY strange. The article I linked to is the same wording but if you search the people and the bombing listed in the article it is from 2003. Timeline shift!!!!!!! LOL!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ETA bombings are somewhat frequent in Spain. They aren't usually reported internationally. Sometimes there's negotiations with the organisation and the attacks cease for a time, but it's on and off from what I've seen.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There must be something more going on here. I can confirm from your link to the 2015 version of the article that Ellie Carr, 20, was apparently in both the 2003 and the 2015 article about the same event. Maybe a bombing really did happen today, and there was little to know info, so the person who created the article today stole info from the 2003 article; which could be why the article got pulled off.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It happened on june 23 , i think it was done by ETA .
sorry it was 2003 , i just rechecked .
edit on 2-7-2015 by tom.farnhill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

There must be something more going on here. I can confirm from your link to the 2015 version of the article that Ellie Carr, 20, was apparently in both the 2003 and the 2015 article about the same event. Maybe a bombing really did happen today, and there was little to know info, so the person who created the article today stole info from the 2003 article; which could be why the article got pulled off.

Yeah...I think it would be HIGHLY unusual if that person was in both bombings, if there actually was a bombing today.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join