It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's "Ancestral" Claim to South China Sea Islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The first time I watched this guy I did not know what to think but after awhile his dry sense of humor and the information he presented won me over.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Falklands Islands anyone . And so it begins .I read somewhere that a large majority of the trade going through that area was China's . Like most of the histories we have a good memory of from our times in indoctrination classes in school and TV time I was surprised to find a web site that is being blocked by my computer called 44days.net Any how it is a American living in China and writing a book . He has a lot of audio files and texts on China and it's history ...peace

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I personally do not see the benefit of China laying claim to such a large area unless they are able to enforce their way of thinking on all the surrounding countries.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Falklands Islands anyone .

You mean the people who get to vote on their future? What does that have to do with islands with no people on them and China breaking international laws?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Lol, just got up, first thread.

Nothing sensible to add right now.....that video was very amusing.

I like the last quote from Voltaire on your profile, made me think of the Chinese and the Americans.

Sadly, it seems there will never be peace.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The Falklands? Not even remotely the same.

The Falklands have only ever been inhabited permanently by British settlers and have NEVER been under the control of Argentina (except for 2 months in 1982 before they got slapped back into the sea)

The South China sea claims go right over the legitimate territorial and economic boundaries of other nations, some many thousands of Km from China itself and they base this solely on the fact Chinese traders rules these seas some 400 years ago - they are having to build islands to live on in order to "shore up" their claims (pardon the pun)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Not worthy IMO of a new thread however it would appear that the Chinese are installing missile tubes on their newly created islands in the South China sea. I personally do not like where any of this seems to be headed... But what to do ?

youtu.be...
China’s New Missile Silos in the South China Sea | China Uncensored

top topics

join