It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Peter Joseph video on the end of Capitalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is a great video, one of Peter's best definitely. He goes into detail about the history and structure of capitalism and how and why it causes so many problems in our modern world. I agreed with everything he said and defy anyone to disprove this well thought-out lecture. The future of capitalism is scary indeed, in spite of the opportunities of the internet.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

There is a chilling sentence in Revelation (6:6) relating to the rider on the black horse (famine) spoken by one of the four living creatures at the Throne of The Almighty that reads as follows:

"Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

It means to me that things get so greedy and the rich keep squeezing the poor to the point where all they get for a day's work is barely enough to feed themselves for a day. Wealth accumulation requires vigorous regulation or else the share holders will insist that their dividends keep increasing. Thus, why Capitalism ultimately will be the ruin of the earth. Greed is a monster that is never requited. Yet who can teach an obstinate greedy rich man who considers himself omnipotent?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

There is a chilling sentence in Revelation (6:6) relating to the rider on the black horse (famine) spoken by one of the four living creatures at the Throne of The Almighty that reads as follows:

"Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

It means to me that things get so greedy and the rich keep squeezing the poor to the point where all they get for a day's work is barely enough to feed themselves for a day. Wealth accumulation requires vigorous regulation or else the share holders will insist that their dividends keep increasing. Thus, why Capitalism ultimately will be the ruin of the earth. Greed is a monster that is never requited. Yet who can teach an obstinate greedy rich man who considers himself omnipotent?

For it is written : It is easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Gates of Heaven

Fairly good summation of the type of people in the world today , huh ?
edit on 1-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The only downfall of capitalism is the ability to have enough wealth to buy off politicians and buy signatures.

Other than that, it is basically a utopian dream. You can vote with your money.

Vote with your wallet. Companies will adapt to the will of the consumer.

What we have now is corporatism.

Which is, "consumer be damned, I'll pass laws so they will have to buy me"

And everyone keeps blaming capitalism, while steadily moving further towards corporatism.
edit on 2-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Please define capitalism.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state. synonyms: free enterprise, private enterprise, the free market; enterprise culture "the capitalism of emerging nations" antonyms: communism

Please use google.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If the politicians in charge actually did their jobs and weren't a corrupt bunch of morons and capitalism actually meant a failing business would go under no matter how big it is. How can it be capitalism when the government can bail out the biggest monopolies?
Corruption is the problem and it's like a cancer that if properly removed could lead our progression into a pure social utopia which is where technology should take us imo.
As a small business owner I really enjoy the challenges capitalism causes me to deal with and grow.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

How can we deal with greed when it becomes unhinged?

In a true capitalists society doesn't it always eventually lead down this path for that exact reason?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is a great video, one of Peter's best definitely. He goes into detail about the history and structure of capitalism and how and why it causes so many problems in our modern world. I agreed with everything he said and defy anyone to disprove this well thought-out lecture. The future of capitalism is scary indeed, in spite of the opportunities of the internet.

www.youtube.com...

Unfortunately, people as usual will just look at this, if they even look at it, and then forget everything about it. People have become fact resistant.

a reply to: rockintitz
The only downfall, really ? What about insane inequality ? Planed obsolescence ? Pollution because profit is the only thing that counts ? Advertisements everywhere and anywhere at any time which take advantage of our inner human emotions and aspirations ? Economic wars, for resources ? What about advancements in technology that are available for decades but are not applied because there is no profit to be made ? There's more..

a reply to: Slickinfinity
Corruption is built in the system, it's part of it. Corporations like banks and big companies are not stupid : the name of the game = profit and power, it is just normal that they try to corrupt governments.

top topics

join