It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children who say homosexuality is ‘wrong’ could be viewed as extremist threat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I guess since they are having a hard time taking free speech from adults then they may as well take it from the kids. Take it while they are young so they will be easier to control later. Sick bastards.

Did you read the article?

Can you quote from same as to where the kids' free speech is being taken?

It isn't a question of whether it was read it is a question of if it was comprehended.

As it has been stated if people actually looked at the quotes to reach their own conclusion they probably wouldn't be taking issue with this however they are reading the opinion of those quotes and following the leader.

Just goes to show that anyone can be a sheep at any time.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with behing gay, so whats the problem. Kids growing up to be haters thats a shame, people crying fake outrage about an article now thats priceless.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I guess since they are having a hard time taking free speech from adults then they may as well take it from the kids. Take it while they are young so they will be easier to control later. Sick bastards.

Did you read the article?

Can you quote from same as to where the kids' free speech is being taken?

Right, because being declared a potential enemy of the state for holding an unpopular opinion NEVER has had a quenching influence on free speech--Just ask Joe McCarthey.

Please demonstrate from the article where kids in the UK are being declared "potential enemies of the state" and then we can talk.

As far as the rest of it goes, the UK has different limitations on "free speech" than the US, and further, kids in school are in a special case, in both countries.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Theres nothing wrong with behing gay, so whats the problem. Kids growing up to be haters thats a shame, people crying fake outrage about an article now thats priceless.

I'm gay and want homosexuality to be viewed as just another facet of life

However

Viewing homophobic traits in young people as signs of a future radical terrorist is taking things too far. As I mentioned in a previous post, the best cure for homophobia with most people is simply getting to know a gay person. It's the same thing with racism too - getting to know an immigrant from say China breaks down silly preconceptions and allows one to realise we're all basically the same despite outward looks and language differences.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

From the article:

Asked for an example, she said: “It could be for example, as we’ve seen, sadly Isil are extremely intolerant of homosexuality.”

Pressed on whether if a child said they believed homosexuality was “evil” or “wrong” that teachers might consider them a “danger”, she replied: “It could trigger a thought, it would depend very much on the context in which that was being discussed.

“But teachers would discuss it as they do already when they are concerned about children who are at risk of perhaps being drawn into a gang or being exploited or being neglected at home.

“This is a safeguarding issue.”

I'm curious, OP ... did you actually read the article of or take the title as your point-of-departure?

LOL, you must be unfamiliar with the "zero tolerance" laws.

Damn kids can get in trouble if they point their finger. (looks like a gun). Do you think this will be any different once implemented?

Kids a hater, needs mental help, jail the parents.

Progressive insanity never ends.

Zero tolerance laws? In the UK?

Would you mind citing a few?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Aren't you British?

Isn't the OP article rather severely exaggerating a) what the policy actually is and b) how students are actually being treated in school?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why is this in NWO. The people of the New World don't accept homosexuality. You see ISIS over there throwing them off of the roof. That is this current world order or old world that push the gay agenda...
edit on 1-7-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Aren't you British?

Isn't the OP article rather severely exaggerating a) what the policy actually is and b) how students are actually being treated in school?

Well, not really. The article states that the 'Trojan horse' scandal over Islamic infiltration is a catalyst in this. and that Britain needs to be 'intolerant of intolerance' Them thar be fighting words right there.

I get the thinking behind it and support it, I do find it ironic that Christians are the ones who have come to the fore with suspicion, given they LOVE homophobia and help perpetuate it. But they also have a point in that Christianity does teach homosexuality is wrong in the name of religion, just like Islam does.

So, how do you legislate for that? How do you legitimately say, 'oh you're a Christian homophobe, you're no threat' when in the next breath you say 'Oh, you're an Islamic homophobe, I see tomorrow's terrorist today in you young child?'

I realise homophobia is just one red flag that teachers will look for, but Christianity and Islam are similar enough for Christian kids to raise a fair few other flags as well.

My problem with all of this is that it seems to be a desperate and experimental attempt to weed out the next generation of terrorists before they strike. There does not seem to be enough science in it to actually make it work and target the real people who are threats.

edit on 1-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

THey can ASK YOU as well if DHS has your number...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I understood that many of these new "guidelines" were put in place in response to more radical Muslims attempting to infiltrate public schools and influence curriculum in a more "fundamental" direction.

I can't find a link TO the guidelines themselves, but apparently, it's a guide for teachers to become aware of the nuances of phrasing students may be using that could indicate "radicalization" ...

It's not simply saying that ANY kid who says homosexuality is wrong is suddenly put on a government watch list ... which is essentially what some members are arguing here.

Right?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sort of, the article is raising the fear that fundamental Christian families could have their children viewed as extremists too.

I agree completely with the undertones of this - stopping radical Islam from infiltrating society and indoctrinating youth into becoming willing killing machines.

Paranoia is a part of this and it is brought on by the PC brigade who started this in the first place biggest weakness - we can't just speak out and say, this is all about stopping Islamic radicalisation

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I love gay people and big government and high taxes.

(please don't shoot me)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh, I realize that this article is probably in retaliatory response to the recent tweaking the British Government gave to the religious (Christian) schools ... but I was trying to find concrete info to share with the group.

AHA! Found it ...

New Safeguarding Advice For Schools and Childcare Providers - UK Ministry of Education

New advice and social media guidance has been issued to schools and childcare providers to help them keep children safe from the risk of radicalisation and extremism, Education Secretary Nicky Morgan announced today (1 July 2015).

Building resilience of young people and the promotion of fundamental British values is at the heart of preventing radicalisation. Schools can do this by providing safe places in which children can discuss controversial issues, and be given the knowledge and confidence to challenge extremist beliefs and ideologies.

The advice has been published to coincide with the new prevent duty, introduced as part of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, which legally requires a range of organisations including schools, local authorities, prisons, police and health bodies to take steps to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.

Further, if you'd like to read the guidelines themselves: Protecting children from radicalisation: the prevent duty

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

(please don't shoot me)

SCORE: 1 out of 3

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

(please don't shoot me)

SCORE: 1 out of 3

PC is creating a society of polite liars.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

At the same time schools and childcare providers should be aware of the increased risk of online radicalisation, as terrorist organisations such as ISIL seek to radicalise young people through the use of social media and the internet. The local authority and local police will be able to provide contextual information to help schools and childcare providers understand the risks in their areas.

That's the bit that needs to be brought out into the open Gryphon. (From the guidlines PDF you posted)

edit on 1-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

... and PC is not limited to any political, social or religious faction.

Sadly.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What makes teachers so qualified to make these determinations?

I bet many teachers display as much or more bias as the students allegedly do.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well, at least there's some context now for the OP.

We all have differing levels of trust, confidence, etc. for governments.

My own perspective on most of these issues is "Trust, but verify."

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

... and PC is not limited to any political, social or religious faction.

Sadly.

I'm one for pissing off everyone in the political spectrum, so my opinions will just be, "Please don't shoot me, I'm sorry I thought differently than what I'm supposed to, I have a family, please don't kill me."

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join