It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun, cold beer and Rock n' Roll (Summertime classics)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Like loving spoonful I can eat summer up .

edit on 1-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: reldra
I have no idea what they are saying, but I couldn't pass up adding this song, just for you.

They poster was opining that secret societies were ruining summer, as a member of one I was just being courteous and letting them know their beer was actually our (my) beer.

Thank you for the song though...

I meant the video I posted. I don't know what they are singing. But it has summer and masons in the title.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
It bothered me for many years.

Decades in fact.

One summer night back in 1978 I had a little transistor radio. My first electronic device. Small and battery operated I would listen to a few songs in bed, switch it off, and go to sleep.

One night the DJ said "and now the new song by..." anyway whatever, I had heard DJ's say that before. The song usually wasn't that good. But the song I heard was great.

I had a somewhat similar experience.

In 1982 or 1983 when New Wave was big, the radio stations always used to play a certain song, but would never announce the name of the song, or who sang it.

One particular song stuck in my head. Was it by Flock of Seagulls? Was it a hit? I vowed to call the radio station the next time I heard it played to ask them the name of the song.

Trouble is: it always seemed to get played while I was in the car and nowhere near a phone. (Remember this is the eighties and you either used your home phone or went to a pay phone--no cell phones yet).

I never found out who the song was by, and wasn't sure of the title. Was the title the whole line in the song or just part of it?

Finally, in 1999, seventeen full years later, a radio station played the song and FINALLY back-announced the song title and artist.

I finished my errands that day and immediately rushed to the record store to buy a CD with that song on it.

It was "Don't Change" by INXS.
edit on 1-7-2015 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

How hasn't this song been posted yet?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy
I ave had that experience with 2 songs. One I found. It was Robbie Robertson "Somewhere Down the Crazy River". A Canadian station would play it when I was on my way home from work. I would always miss the name of the singer. I once called home from what I think was my first cell phone to try to get someone to tape it. I searched the internet for years. Now it can be found in seconds.

The other I didn't find. I have a tiny portion of it on a mix tape form the 80s. It's a r&b duet. It's 2 people almost arguing, a male and a female. The word wishing well is mentioned, but none of the bigger songs with wishing well in it are the right song. The search continues.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I guess this would fit for ATS'ers in California ?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Cool tune
and what a story!
I'm glad you found your long lost tune, after 30+ years!
I know the feeling, I think I've got a few similar cases, songs that caught my ear years ago, but due to circumstances never heard again and failed to catch their title.

edit on 1/7/15 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

That sir, is a among the best on my 'classics' list.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I thought something was missing

Definitely should be on the list

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Definitely country's got that vibe,
That reminds me that it's been ages since I last went fishing, thanks for the idea!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this really fits...but this 'fan made' video has some summery stuff- it has fishing and a 57 chevy- it also has some ATSy like stuff. I also mentioned the song in previous post, so I thought I would put this odd video of it up.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
a reply to: Skid Mark

Definitely country's got that vibe,
That reminds me that it's been ages since I last went fishing, thanks for the idea!

Your welcome. I want to go fishing soon. They have a free fishing day where you don't have to have a license but I missed it. Bummer. I want to have a fish fry.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives

That sir, is a among the best on my 'classics' list.

Me too

How about some Alice Cooper in honor of many of our newest members .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Free - alright now

Or

Eagles - tequila sunrise

edit on 1/7/15 by macpdm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Damn I like this thread the list of good music is endless .....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: macpdm
You gotta re do the links. Happens to me sometimes for no reason. I LOVE the Free song and Eagles are in my top 5, any Eagles.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Love it
Love 60's music
My fave 60's american band:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

I love the 60s, 70s and the 80s hell I love all of it .

This song takes me back to the summers in my youth .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse I love the drive in shots. I was a child in the 70s. I am so glad I brought my daughter to the drive in a few times..there is only one left here and it's about an hour away.

When I was in Arizona as a child...the Drive in was a HUGE deal. My mom never owned a pickup truck, but a neighbor or one of her boyfriends would load one up with kids and pillows and blankets and snacks and just drive there. All the klds in the bed of the truck.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I called my mother and asked her for a contribution. She gave me this song in answer

edit on 1-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join