It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from the free state of Oregon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A Message coming to you from within the free state of Oregon.....

To paraphrase that old hippie anthem by John Prine....

It's July 1st 2015 AND everybody singggggg.

You "WON'T" see me tonight with an ILLEGAL smile ....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
A Message coming to you from within the free state of Oregon.....

To paraphrase that old hippie anthem by John Prine....

It's July 1st 2015 AND everybody singggggg.

You "WON'T" see me tonight with an ILLEGAL smile ....

It's a happy day here in Oregon, for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Tequilla is also legal here.

I won't be drinking that either.

But enjoy.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm glad somebody posted this. It's very exciting news, now if we can get California legal we will have the whole west coast getting baked in the sun.

Go west young man, go west!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Some of my family lives in OR. Why did we move again? Oh, yeah! The weather. Congrats to Oregonians!
edit on 7/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Grats from N.ID(continuing the fight here)!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

I'm glad somebody posted this. It's very exciting news, now if we can get California legal we will have the whole west coast getting baked in the sun.

No so young anymore but what the hey. You won't see me tonight with an illegal smile, it don't cost very much but it last a long while.
Carry on Oregon.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

*Crosses Fingers*

Condragulations Oregon!!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Go ahead and Bogart that joint my friend.

As soon as they can get the prices down a bit, it will be a lot better. But hey at this stage of the game we aren't complaining much.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In Oregon it is legal for anyone to grow their own supply, which is a step up from Washington, which requires one to buy it in the store. Some counties in Washington, like mine, are blockading stores from opening in them through legal or political shenanigans.
edit on 01pmWed, 01 Jul 2015 12:59:48 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The word "free" needs to be qualified, I seriously doubt anyone or state is free.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
In Oregon it is legal for anyone to grow their own supply, which is a step up from Washington, which requires one to buy it in the store. Some counties in Washington, like mine, are blockading stores from opening in them through legal or political shenanigans.
I live in a little red-necky town in Washington and we have two Recreational Weed stores. Yes 2 stores.

But all the surrounding towns won't allow any.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
The word "free" needs to be qualified, I seriously doubt anyone or state is free.

It's a relative term and relatively, I feel super free in my state.

In fact, I can smell the freedom from many of my neighbors today, heh heh.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Right you are darkbake. It was very disappointing that Washington did not allow personal cultivation as Colorado did.
Oregon not only allows a certain amount of personal cultivation, limited of course, but it also has written in to the law that "gifting" modest amounts is also legal.

However, like Colorado and Washington most other restrictions apply. Selling and public use, under the influence while driving, among others are still felonies.

A funny thing though, is that Oregon had a thriving medical m program. And while the law was passed like six months ago to go into effect today, the state still has not ironed out all of the regulations of who will be able to sell.

And at what point in the chain between grower and consumer will it be taxed. I would bet all along that line.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: deloprator20000

Right you are del, right you are. So my qualifier, is that after 50 years of being under the whim of the man, from bed room practices to use of God's green herb, today, having the pressure of that boot lessened, even a little is cause for euphoric sentiments.

new topics

top topics

join