It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Supreme Court: Ten Commandments Monument Must Be Removed From Capitol

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Been a few thousand years since the church has thrown anyone in jail or made them pay them.

More like several decades. But then again, it depends on which country and which church. I do believe Christians in some African countries are jailing homosexuals today!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Kromlech

It isn't enforcing belief in anything. There are plenty of things that could be removed from American societies under such rules, like advertising, tv shows, statues.

Silly PC nonsense, it will bite them back. I have written plenty about my opinions on Christianity but it is the basis of American laws, and America is a Christian nation.

America is not a Christian nation, it simply has some citizens who are Christians. A Christian nation would be a theocracy and as much as the Tea Party would like that to be the case, it isn't happening (so far).

Would you be comfortable with Muslim artwork decorating the capitol building? I would use sculpture here but Muslims have a thing against that. How about a nice big swastika above every doorway like the Buddhists would like? Maybe a prayer area that faces Mecca? Lets make it a little simpler, since Christians and Jews are rather friendly these days. They see Jesus as a false prophet, and statues of him as idolatry. How do you think the large number of Jewish Americans feel to see Jesus's image everywhere?

Church and state should remain separate, and part of that means keeping religious symbols out of government offices.

As an atheist I can say that I feel the same way walking past a sculpture of Christian laws at a courthouse as I imagine you do when walking past a sculpture of Muslim laws at one. It makes me feel like I'm not living in a country based on the secular rule of law, but rather in a theocracy.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Seems like a good idea to me, one less silly religious monument out of sight the better. Remember this was on government land, you folks welcome to stick a monument like that in your living room next to ya tv. Reason why it's important not to have religious paraphernalia on government land is because the USA has a separation of church of and state, therefore no religious things on government land. Cheers deers.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: neo96

Been a few thousand years since the church has thrown anyone in jail or made them pay them.

More like several decades. But then again, it depends on which country and which church. I do believe Christians in some African countries are jailing homosexuals today!

and encouraging the spread of venereal disease in those who are not homosexual. coz condoms are evil, m'kay?

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join