It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated List of Fatal Police Shootings for 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have come across a list that is constantly updated with fatal police shootings .

The list contains names , date,manner of death , armed ,age ,gender ,race ,city .

Would it surprise you to know that we are up 463 deaths by way of police shooting ? are we hot on Saudi Arabians trail of executions ?

I was surprised to see on the list how many people were "armed with guns " that were shot , I am skeptical though ...

Anyway i figured this list could come in handy for anyone who is currently keeping track of this or maybe it can be used for future threads .

Have a look .... somewhat depressing though .

Updated Fatal Police Shoothing List of 2015

thoughts ?

Kap.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

When I see that stat about how LE has killed more Americans since 9/11 than GWOT has, I always ask "how many were armed versus unarmed?" Nobody ever has an answer.

This is a partial one, I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Aren't all fatal shootings by law enforcment investigated by the FBI? According to an NPR interview, there are many cases where shootings never get reported or are neglected to be reported for periods of time.. Could there be even more not accounted for?
edit on 30-6-2015 by S3QU3NC3 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The "victims'" occupations are missing.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I was looking up a few of these and I came across a couple of interesting sites:

KilledByPolice.net
killed-by-police.silk.co

The first one is tabular data and the second has all the visualizations based on the first site's data.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

That's a horrible number !!!

But to be fair .

Here's another one equally horrific for a much smaller percentage of the population .

We have lost 63 officers since the beginning of 2015 .
edit on 30-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Whats concerning to me about that list is the number listed as armed with toy weapons .Seriously , that is more than a few.Can anyone give me a reason why you would want to go after someone or the police armed with a toy weapon ?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just FYI

Gun = 269

Knife = 72

Vehicle = 38

Unarmed = 51

Toy weapon = 17

There were other weapons like hammers, metal pipes, etc., but they were minimal.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

And of those 63 how many were to car accidents, heart attacks and 9/11 related injuries?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Is there any particular reason that the number on the left of the table does not match the number of actual people on the list? The numbers on the left of the list are not sequential and miss out figures. The highest number (as of todays date) is 583, however there are significantly fewer than that in the list (roughly half).

Genuine question.
edit on 1-7-2015 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Does it matter ?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

But to be fair .

Here's another one equally horrific for a much smaller percentage of the population .

Can you post a link on this my count is 12 killed by civilians???

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

well as he said 2015 and while he didnt provide a source(www.odmp.org... 63 btw), being way post 9/11 id say zero? if you want to count all the numbers since then more power to ya but the member you were replying to was talking about police shot in line of duty since 2015 (68 vs 470 something?) the site i linked seems to track them for officers as well as K9's as well as a multi year list for whats its worth

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: Greathouse

But to be fair .

Can you post a link on this my count is 12 killed by civilians???

Nowhere in my post that I specify killed by civilians.

source

The answer to your next question is. It does not matter to me how they died they all died in the line of duty or from duty related causes . ( there's plenty more good cops out there than there are bad cops )

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Gun replicas, even with the barrel tip in orange, look quite realistic. Given the low-light conditions of nighttime encounters, and that orange tip painted over(this has happened-- a replica was used in 2 coffee-stand robberies in my home State, later bagged as evidence when local police apprehended suspect), it would be difficult to tell the difference.

Pellet/BB guns have also been pointed @ LE with lethal consequences. In the end, if a suspect points any weapon/fake weapon at police, odds are they will open fire.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I guess it depends on the context you wanted that comment to be in.

It is tragic when some one loses their life regardless yes.

If your intention was to say people are killing cops too, then it does matter.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

No my intention was that these men and women deserve respect too.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Agreed, I don't mean to say they do not by any means.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

No idea. It's a user created list as near as I can tell, so you'd have to ask whoever put it together.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join