It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance Court Rules That N.S.A. Can Resume Bulk Data Collection

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has ruled the National Security Agency may temporarily resume its bulk collection of Americans’ domestic phone call records, the New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Source

You have no privacy and likely never will. When Section 215 of the Patriot Act expired on June 1st of this year, Congress had already devised a plan, better know as the Freedom Act to restore the NSA’s ability to collect bulk data of America's domestic phone calls provided it only continue it's program for a period of six months.

Trust me, in these next six months you should expect somthing to happen that will be used to justify the indefinite spying and collection of bulk communications data. It was originally intended to help the NSA regroup and move to a new system while allowing our private phone records to remain in the hands of telephone companies.

In May, a small attempt was made by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan to challenge the provision by saying that the Patriot Act never gave the NSA the right to spy on American’s in the first place. I’m beginning to think this was nothing more than a deceptive tactic used to trick American’s into believing someone was on our side.

On Monday, Judge Michael Mosman of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court ruled that the Second Circuit’s ruling would not be upheld and allowed the NSA’s program to continue.

“Second Circuit rulings are not binding on the F.I.S.C. and this court respectfully disagrees with that court’s analysis, especially in view of the intervening enactment of the U.S.A. Freedom Act,” he wrote, according to the Times.

Here is the Opinion and Order written by Judge Michael W. Mosman on why the Second Circuit was wrong in their appeal. This will play nicely into the coming election and you can bet any politician or candidate saying they will overturn the decision if elected, is likely blowing smoke up your ass. I wonder if Mr. Mosman has any dirty laundry the NSA is using to force his decision?

edit on 30-6-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh my god!

I'm so shocked by this I ALMOST sat a little more upright in my seat.

Almost.

ETA - s/f just because I hope this makes it to the front page so everybody sees it.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Was there really much chance that they wouldn't resume it?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

"The Freedom Act"

F' You What other outcome would a "Surveillance Court" possibly have?
edit on 30-6-2015 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What's the point in the court system?

If you're rich - No jail.
If you're poor - jail.
If the government wants a law passed and it fails in the court, they take it to a secret court.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Figures but really don't think anyone bought that it would be changed that soon. Plus it never really ended anyway there was just talk of it to happen. Notice how fast that changed. Meanwhile they were still bulk collecting phone textings, Skype convos, social media and IMing, internet usage details-searches, etc.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

"The Freedom Act"

F' You What other outcome would a "Surveillance Court" possibly have?

I'm guessing the NSA has all sorts of deep, dark secrets on all of our Judges, members of Congress and political figureheads. Once Snowden let the cat out of the bag, which seemed intentional and divisive, their hands were tied after realizing any and all opposition would result in a loss of their career, credibility and possibly worse, their families reputations.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

What's the point in the court system?

Exactly my sentiments. Our court system doesn't apply to the rich, corporate interests or the government. Our system has become a mockery of Justice.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow, what a relief. I was afraid they had been listening and recording everything all along, but now, knowing that they were just given the OK, I guess all those bodies we buried and talked about on the phone and e-mail will remain where we left them.

They have been doing this long before Snowden alerted us, and they will be doing this long after a court order rules their data collection unconstitutional. It's just how it is. Oh, and consider this a preemptive strike, just because you aren't in the US, doesn't mean you don't have a file.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think I will wait and see what happens in 5 months before I get to excited?
edit on 30-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They never stopped their espionage, one way or another they will get the info they want.

For those interested the govt utilizes contractors which are not limited by the protocols of your everyday Joe govt agency. Stratfor is essentially a private CIA along with Palantir, the time of republic government in the USA ended a long time ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Stratfor bills itself as a geopolitical intelligence and consulting firm, with revenues derived from subscriptions to its website and from corporate clients. On the consulting side, the company says it helps clients to identify opportunities, make strategic decisions, and manage political and security risks. Stratfor has published a daily intelligence briefing since its inception in 1996. Its rise to prominence occurred with the release of its Kosovo Crisis Center during the 1999 NATO airstrikes over Kosovo, which led to publicity in Time magazine, Texas Monthly, and other publications.[4] Before the end of 1999, however, Stratfor had introduced a subscription service through which it offered the majority of its analyses. At the time of the September 11, 2001 attacks, Stratfor made its "breaking news" paragraphs, as well as some notable analyses predicting likely actions to be taken by al-Qaeda and the Bush administration, available freely to the public. Stratfor's publishing business includes written and multimedia analysis and an iPhone application.[5] A monthly publication called Compass was launched in June 2014, adding a third tier to the company's subscription business model. In a public announcement, the company said Compass is designed specifically for global executives in strategic industries such as energy, trade, finance, and technology.[6] In addition to publishing and consulting work, Stratfor also makes analysts available for public speaking engagements.[7] Some of Stratfor's work remains available free to the public.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

For those interested, here is a little documentary on hacker culture so as to better familiarize you with the "enemy" which the govt propaganda office wants you to fear every moment of your day (when you aren't afraid of isis, gays, or conservatives).

//Edit//
Trapwire
en.wikipedia.org...

Trapwire: It's not the surveilance, it's the sleaze
www.wired.com...

Trapwire surveillance system exposed in document leak
www.theguardian.com...

Facebook Facial Recognition
www.huffingtonpost.com...
-FBB
edit on 30-6-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: //101//

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You know looking back at the findings of the Church Committee:

Church Committee

I don't believe citizens of the U.S. have ever had privacy. The difference is that we are only now becoming aware of it.

The NSA will always find excuses to continue spying, currently they use 9/11 and the "war on terror" to continue and expand spying of American Citizens. Which to me is irrational, they or whoever (bankers, corporations, military-industrial, multi-nationals) already control a large segment of the population. I know this because I am a targeted individual:

Targeted Individual

From what I have seen and experienced, those who run the "organized stalking" program can literally control almost anyone they want. I have even seen "terrorists" (via TV and Internet) from the middle east give indications that they too are part of the "organized stalking" program. This may mean that 9/11 and the "war on Terror" may have simply been a false flag attack so that the "power elite" would have an excuse to spy on all of us. It also appears as if secret societies have a hand in manipulating the world, among the worst offenders are the British Aristocracy and those who support Israel at the cost of the entire world. The U.S. never really cut all ties with the U.K. and they still can control the U.S., whenever they think we are "misbehaving".

It's as if the entire U.S. has the "sword of Damocles" hanging over us at all times, ready to come down if we vote in a manner that "they" don't approve, if we pursue fields of study or areas of research "they" don't like (like ETs, UFOs, and Time travel), if "they" think we are not sufficiently religious, if they don't like our criticism of our leaders, if we support the anthropogenic causes for climate change, if we argue for the theory of peak oil, if we support energy independence or alternative energy on a massive scale, if we incur to much debt, etc, etc. If we do any of these things, they'll start praying "oh dear god hand me my switch, come on down like a son of a bitch, we'll tan their hides 7 shades of red, Lazarus will be raised from the dead."

Totalitarian states like this don't last long, just to warn the NSA or whoever wishes to spy on us.
edit on 30-6-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The globalist's lead by Soros, Obama tell the surveillance court what it's ACTUAL orders are...

The lone objectionist "Judge Andrew Napalitano" was fired by Fox News's Rupert Murdoch in 2012 blackmail threat.

Soros sent a messenger to Murdoch he better dump Napalitano or VERY EMBARRASSING info would be released to the public.

Next day, Napalitano is fired...the last hope for America snuffed...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So, the acronym-fest court dictates that NSA spying can resume on 350 million or so people on the off chance they catch a few terrorists determined to bring down the US government.

How much money does this surveillance-fest cost?
How much has it already cost?
How successful was it before it was ship-canned?

Anyone else think that the NSA needs to turn its surveillance onto the US government, it's alphabet agencies (including itself), the politicians and the banksters - they are the real anti-government terrorists hell bent on destroying America.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
The globalist's lead by Soros, Obama tell the surveillance court what it's ACTUAL orders are...

The lone objectionist "Judge Andrew Napalitano" was fired by Fox News's Rupert Murdoch in 2012 blackmail threat.

Soros sent a messenger to Murdoch he better dump Napalitano or VERY EMBARRASSING info would be released to the public.

Next day, Napalitano is fired...the last hope for America snuffed...

These people die off, then who is actually going to take their place?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The million dollar question......How do you resume something that never stopped?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Can someone with enough money and balls, take this crap to the Supreme Court? What the heck is an U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court? Say what?

This is absurd. It's beyond my old 1975 map/constitution form that I've had for a long, long time.

new topics

top topics

join