It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of UFO Research on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well it often often helps to be critical of the UFO research on here from the high ground!

People like IsaacKoi have made a lot of UFO papers readily available on the web for people to delve into. There are hundreds, nay thousands of websites out there with plenty of information including government and civilian research documents, photographs, written and spoken testimony and yes even video. A lot of it is completely free of charge.

Perhaps doing a bit of research yourself and creating your own threads on the topic would help. This forum is only as good or as bad as the members make it. But you also have to be aware that the truth you seek may not exist.

edit on 30/6/15 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ATS has many testable evidence people which want to test thier own UFO which would be like giving a kid a torch and a open gas can.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
If we are to strive as a community with serious interests in UFOlogy, it might behoove us to do a little more research, do a little more logical contemplation on just what the heck we are witnessing in our skies rather than just regurgitating lame ass videos from around the internet.

Please feel free to hop in your Jeep and go interview people claiming to have a UFO encounter in your local area. Give is a detailed report. We'll add it to the pile.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's been 25 years since I really got into the subject and I have seen "UFOs" myself.

Aside from the perception that Ufology isn't really going anywhere new is the reality that so many people now have cameras and video recording smart phones with them at all times and we have yet to see any convincing video of the sorts of dramatic sightings reported over the last 70 years. Which goes back to Jung's speculation that the phenomenon can't be photographed.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: boymonkey74

Which is fine. It's what's wanted. But...

We all know that YouTube is, shall we say, rife with frauds? Before you post a video exclaiming "OMG...it's aliens come to [whatever] us." Shouldn't you do a little research as best you're able?

This forum is, at its best, a place where we discuss what something might have been... Or, what is isn't... What its not, or shouldn't be, is a place where YouTube frauds can get clicks.

There are people/groups on YouTube who are known frauds. Most of us, I'm not one of them, know who they are. There are also people who are going to post something because they legitimately are asking "WTF did I just see?". I had one of those moments a couple/three years ago... Big ol' bright light in the eastern sky just after dawn, and it was movin' 'cross the sky at a fair rate...

I think my exact words were "WTF is that?" Followed by "OMG" Several times...
. I can completely understand the urge to slap that baby onto the 'nets... I'm glad I took the time to check it out as best I could... It turned out to be a very shiny Boeing 747 pretending it was a cigar shaped UFO. Never did find out why it was so low in an area that simply doesn't cater to airliners that frickin' huge... Very regional.

So, before one posts these things, be careful. This is strictly my opinion as member, and should not be construed as representing the three amigos opinions.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What do you think about Dutchsinse? He seems very on point with his earthquake. Maybe its a little off topic, you can PM me.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There is a ton of new evidence all the time.
OpenMinds.tv is a great start. Grant Cameron's
Presidential UFO site is good serious reading.

We can lead people to the UFO trough
& show them PLENTY of evidence.
Now whether they drink has to do
with their belief system more than
anything. Can't help that.

Also YouTube is like TV. You might see a cartoon
and then change the channel and its 60min piece on War Crimes.
The Smithsonian The White House and Scientific American
all have YT channels. Does that mean their content is suspect ?
edit on 30-6-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: grammar

edit on 30-6-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: gram 2

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ia reply to: TerryMcGuire

As far as I've seen that's pretty much standard here on ATS. The latest video that has been posted repeatedly is not the fault of research, or lack there of, it's the fault of people claiming this hasn't been posted yet but clearly haven't bother to search for it. This actually happens in every forum. People seeing a UFO video and immediately posting it here is nothing new, happens all the time and will continue to be the status quo. Your researchers are the ones who look into the video, source, geographical area, people's reactions, etc.

So nothing's changed, don't be so mad.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Dutchsinse is just another fraud/hoaxer.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Perhaps ufology as a whole is slowly dying. All of these years and we do not have one shred of evidence to suggest ufo's are anything other than terrestrial secret programs.

That's why we have seen the esoteric and ufology community shift their focus to political, financial and government conspiracies. The cultural phenomena that is ufology has come close to it's end.
edit on 30-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps ufology as a whole is slowly dying. All of these years and we do not have one shred of evidence to suggest ufo's are anything other than terrestrial secret programs.

I think if you want UFOs to be alien spacecraft and you believe they have been coming for the best part of 7 decades now then that part of ufology is dying. Because it looks like science is going to win the race to find and confirm alien life now.

However if you can get beyond the aliens and the 'black ops' thinking then there are a number of other possibilities.

The Hessdalen lights are not considered to be "ET" by most people but they are genuine UFOs by their strict definition.

I have seen something similar to this back in the 80s and I thought it was ball lightning. But who knows?

All depends whether you are interested in "UFOs" or just alien "UFOs" I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I enjoy reading ufo reports every now and then but I dont use this website as a source, there are other websites that deal with UFOs "exclusively" not hundreds of conspiracy theories (religion politics race greed slavery etc) every day.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I observe several current events that are affecting the ATS UFO Forum:

There are members who rather than provide constructive replies instead provide negative destructive replies. Even to the point of attacking members. This issue takes place on other forums as well. This ongoing negativity is, I think, discouraging participation. There is a falling away from this specific forum.

When I first started following this site, specifically the UFO forum, there were a number of members who brought some level of expertise to this subject. Today, however, I no longer see these folks participating. I suspect they became discouraged due to the above stated issue. I also witnessed a drop off of participation on this subject when an individual was kicked off ATS staff or board. I have forgotten his name. Please forgive me. He was removed for good reasons.

For those of us who have a strong desire for mysteries such as UFO's and conspiracies are attracted to sites such as this one. Some members need more to get that fix we need. There are plenty of other media to go to. Meaning ATS has a lot of competition. If ATS wants to keep the UFO forum relevant the owners cannot sit on their laurels.

Lastly and unfortunately the UFO subject has and is being degraded significantly due to unscrupulous media and individuals. The world population has become tanted. Also I thought with the advent of the smartphone we would be better able to have many many videos to help the UFO cause. Unfortunately this has not worked for obvious reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalResonance

The subject of ufo is probably just getting a little old in the tooth. I used to have a lot of enthusiasm for the subject but after 10 years of the same old stories being rehashed and absolutely no evidence of any worth I guess it's just getting a little Boring..

Shame too..

then don't go to a conference...I did back in 2009. I was going to stay the whole weekend, so I went to the Friday night opening, expecting to stay there sat. and sun......after sitting through Friday night, (with nick pope by the way as guest speaker)....I realized I had read about everything I just paid 15 bucks for, with no new info...needless to say I drove back home and never went back......and anybody that is going to post something...NO MORE AVRO CAR VIDEOS!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

You make a good point. There are plenty of sightings and cases that are intriguing and must be investigated, but they are most likely terrestrial in origin.

Sadly most of ufology is infested with people that are absolutely certain ufo are aliens, they are abducting humans and our government is in on it.

That part of ufology is dying because it's not rooted in any evidence whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What's the avro car????

I kid. Please don't hit me...

There's new stuff out there, but it's the retread investigators that are the problem... They made their bones with a certain event, or era, and that's where they stay.

It's not the topic, which I find endlessly fascinating. It's the people in it, which I can sometimes do without...

Are we agreeing on something???

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I live in a ufo hot spot and see plenty of anomalous things in the sky. I'm not jumping to extraterrestrial as an explanation but even the things that defy explanation imo; I seldom post what I see on ATS....what's the point...stars and flags and snotty comments. I don't need either one.

And I don't associate with other "experiencers" the whole phenomenon is complex, and filled with "tricksters" charlatans, and evil.

edit on 30-6-2015 by olaru12 because: ^((^IK^I(

edit on 30-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Actually Bucsarg, I think that is a fine idea. An archive of sorts, No stars, maybe just flags, but no replies to murk the water. That is an interesting idea. Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

But you also have to be aware that the truth you seek may not exist.

Very good point. It may not. For many years I WAS looking for a specific 'truth'. When it was not forthcoming I began to look for the other side of the coin, man-tech. But that avenue of search has proven fruitless for the most part and I am wondering if the parameters we have been using might be to limited.
For instance, in UFO,, we have the concept of 'object. By focusing on object we may be overlooking a much broader possibility of "phenomenon. I know that many are chalking the whole thing up to spirits and or devils and I don't know but maybe there are explanations we have not been perusing.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Not so mad Swills, just exasperated. As has been pointed out a number of times in this thread by others, there are numerous sites to visit and learn from. I guess I am just hoping that we could clean it up a bit.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That's why we have seen the esoteric and ufology community shift their focus to political, financial and government conspiracies. The cultural phenomena that is ufology has come close to it's end.

Yoww. And this is what is interesting me now Intro,,,, As I mentioned earlier, my sightings came between 1956 and 1966. They were clearly not the normal kind of things anyone was seeing in the sky at that time. But since then? I have not seen a thing, camping out, going to the mountains or the beach and always watching the night sky. When we retired to a nice little place out in the country 13 years ago with no big cities around to glare up the night sky we hoped we could see things and though the sky is often clear, we have seen nothing we can even surmise about.

This is interesting to me in that when I had my last to sightings I was in my late teens and not prone to immediate conclusions. Even while seeing a saucer on a high mountain hike, my mind was asking itself if I was mistaken, was it a plane or a balloon??? Was I deluding myelf? To this day I still lthink not.

So yeah, as you suggest the general concept of ufology may be coming to an end because it has proven fruitless as far as dramatic proof. What we have is a mamby pamby mish mash "oh look" opps its gone now kind of stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join