It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we apppoint some "mood"erators please? Pop in and I will explain...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We have a valient army of moderators here and they do a great job. Keeping things on track, slapping the odd wrist here and there and I commend them for there free efforts in keeping the place civil.

There are some members here that I feel do a similar but as yet unrewarded task and I have come to think of them as Mooderators.

Some do it with humour, some with something that could be described as an "elder" opinion.

Quite often a thread may start getting out of hand and then someone will make a post that will lighten the mood, or put things in perspective, sometimes just set the record straight with an unarguable statement that puts everything back on track.

So I propose to the management that we acknowledge these valued members and give them mooderator status.

Opinions?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I've always found that humor is the best weapon available to defuse stressful situations . I don't know about new moderators that's entirely up to staff. But I would ask anyone that reads a comment as mean-spirited or hateful to reread it as a joke and see if they have the same opinion .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I've always found that humor is the best weapon available to defuse stressful situations . I don't know about new moderators that's entirely up to staff. But I would ask anyone that reads a comment as mean-spirited or hateful to reread it as a joke and see if they have the same opinion .

That was why i suggested mooderators, a non offical status but given to those that can cause those involved in a thread to maybe step back and breathe a little?

Without mentioning names as such a certain angry bunny has a unique way of saying very little yet altering the dynamic of a thread in a good way simply with a one or two line post.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Greathouse

That was why i suggested mooderators, a non offical status but given to those that can cause those involved in a thread to maybe step back and breathe a little?

Without mentioning names as such a certain angry bunny has a unique way of saying very little yet altering the dynamic of a thread in a good way simply with a one or two line post.

I agree the angry bunny would be an excellent choice. Along with the funny juvenile primate .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

So it's not just me then, A certain overly armed primate was the other one that made me think of this.

I will be careful here as not to violate Teesandcees but I think it deserves at least discussion.

There are a few more I would choose for varying reasons, not all lighthearted but I will leave it at that for now and see what others think.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Who are you calling old?

as an "elder" opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That's an interesting idea. The angry bunny and the big armed juvenile primate would be good choices. There are a few others around here that would be good, too.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Who are you calling old?

as an "elder" opinion.

So we have our first appllicant for the "mooderator" status then

First rule of mooderator club is that if you want to join you are not yet ready.

Mooderators if deemed applicable should be chosen and reluctantly acceed to there role.

Maybe in another lifetime you may be ready for the task

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts

As a related aside, I notice that in threads which are mostly a UK issue, or mainly UK members posting, we tend to self moderate to a certain extent.
It reminds me of being at the pub, and even when we get heated it usually falls back to a form of peaceful equilibrium without too much influence from the moderators. Sort of "yeah, I think you are being a prick about this issue, but I'm happy to play you next on pool if it's your £1 next on the table" if you know what I mean.

I'm looking forward to the 'promised' UK issues forum, I love some of the more robust debates our contingent have every now and then, especially our particular style of interaction, even when we passionately disagree.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I want to be the cook and the non-mooderator, sammich anyone?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

…or put things in perspective, sometimes just set the record straight with an unarguable statement that puts everything back on track.

Thats more like a Shepard, than a mood altering substance.

The best mood alterers are the "ATTENTION" Posts from real mods.

But I like the reality checks from someone in the know, too. Thats how I learn here.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think this is blatant campaigning and I think you need to give equal consideration to the "kill the mooderators", too!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

As an interesting aside that is an almost perfect analogy.

If Ats was a British pub then then the owners would be the landlord, too busy running things and getting stuff done to really know what is going on.

The mods could be said to be the bouncers and managers, always on hand but not always there to deal with situations.

What I think of mooderators are the regulars as it where, the guy that when things get a little out of hand lift there head and say "I'm trying to read a paper here" and everyone calms down a little bit because well its Bob or Steve or whoever that constant presence is that should be respected.

Or when a conversation gets a little out of order and old Pete looks up from his quiet pint and says "My mother was Irish" or whatever it may be and then everyone stands back and thinks about what they are saying as opposed to just blurting.

Mooderators.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

No.

Your statement and avatar are not in harmony.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I want to be the cook and the non-mooderator, sammich anyone?

Non mooderator status is open to applicants.

Please update your avatar to let others know your staus.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Could be considered accurate if it is a thumbs up to NO!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Refresh page for updated avatar!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Pull my finger....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join