It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up! Dangerous (!) heat announced for many European countries.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.accuweather.com...

I can confirm that its the case in even more Places than mentioned in the article.
I expect some violent weather after that heat phase. Going to be interesting.

Remember it doesn't matter where you live. Giving enough fluids to your body is key. No matter how old you are.

Stay safe!
edit on 30-6-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
35 to 38 degrees Celsius expected here in the Netherlands on Friday , trow in the fact that i work in a minus 25 degrees work enviroment i will be in for a hell of a ride

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
With undeniable evidence of man made climate change and recent evidence of man made mass extinction of species, what it amounts to, is that we're committing environmental suicide.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, here in East Lancashire, North West UK, my mate's car temperature sensor said 35C, and it felt like it. The heat feels like a 'oven heat', and of course, even the wind is warm. It is a heat to be wary of. Ensure loose fitting clothing and drink plenty of fluids. Keep windows open at night, but closed during the day. If you have a fan, that will help.

It's not been hot like this here in the North of England throughout my life time. It's hit 30C, but it did not feel like this. Over the coming years the temperatures are going to increase.
edit on 30/6/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm in the north west of France (really not the hottest place in France, au contraire)... It's 40° where I am, unbelievable, never had this heat here, especially this early, we are lucky when we get 30° in august. I'm dripping sweat sitting at my office at the moment (48° inside office !!!). The blowing wind feels like a bleeding hair dryer (I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean)
edit on 30-6-2015 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
35C here on Thursday and it's expected to get worse by August. It never got this hot here. It's 33 degrees celcius right now but it actually feels like it's over 40C.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
these replies just show that this is no joke. Thank you.

This will go from one extreme into the other sooner or later. I'm sure. I Wonder how many record this will break

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yep this is some serious heat (Cheshire / Manchester)

! I'm layed up with pounding head ache like I've never had before.

Plenty of fluids for me this evening. I actually left my office and worked from my van today with the engine on and air con blasting away.

Hotter tomorrow apparently!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate

Yep I'm not going to the office tomorrow, working from my house, i'll still be too hot, but at least I can work naked lol. Apparently in my area it's the hottest temps since the 1970's, but I don't put too much faith into "recorded temps" I don't think the record keeping was all that accurate then. But I knew this summer was going to be hot, I had a really mild winter, not much rain, only a couple of days of negative temps, which is just as unusual

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Living in a region where the temperature does not fall below 100 degrees Fahrenheit between April and November (okay, an exaggeration... the heat usually only exceeds one hundred degrees between May and October) excuse me if I don't sound the alarm...

may I suggest a sheet of paper held at arms length and waved in one's general direction?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's bad here. I've been in my house with the air conditioning, so I haven't suffered too much, but right now I'm at my daughter's apartment babysitting and it is like an oven! Her newborn is really not handling it well.They're going to have to come stay with us for a few days. We're at a high altitude so it's a bit cooler.
All my plants in the courtyard have been burned and died, despite having gone through last summer in the same places, without problem. Just walking outside for a minute burns the skin.

I hope this doesn't last too long.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeSbO
I'm in the north west of France (really not the hottest place in France, au contraire)... It's 40° where I am, unbelievable, never had this heat here, especially this early, we are lucky when we get 30° in august. I'm dripping sweat sitting at my office at the moment (48° inside office !!!). The blowing wind feels like a bleeding hair dryer (I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean)

It's that hot up there?? That is unusual! I'm in the south east, so we're a bit more accustomed to this.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Living in a region where the temperature does not fall below 100 degrees Fahrenheit between April and November (okay, an exaggeration... the heat usually only exceeds one hundred degrees between May and October) excuse me if I don't sound the alarm...

may I suggest a sheet of paper held at arms length and waved in one's general direction?

We have electric fans

We Brits do moan about the weather but to be fair we aren't used to the heat like this. It's fine for on holiday with a pool to dip into and a supply of chilled beer but working and sleeping in this heat causes misery.

You may live your daily life in a permanent sweaty state but we don't.

Im going to pull up a chair infront of my open freezer door.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Baddogma :

...excuse me if I don't sound the alarm...may I suggest a sheet of paper held at arms length and waved in one's general direction?

Obviously, you are missing the point of the concern being shown here. Here in Britain, we do not get temperatures like this, and thus when we do, something is amiss, Rarely do we ever go above 30 degrees C, and rarely do we ever reach 30 degrees C, Britain's latitude makes it a very temperate climate.

Normally, we have 3 weather systems battling it out right above us for domination. The Northern system brings cold, the Western system brings moisture and rain, and the Southern system brings heat from the lower latitudes of Europe. The real issue is to do with the jet stream, which by the time it comes close over British shores tends to loop either Southwards, bringing the cold, or Northwards bringing the heat, or it passes right over us bringing the rain from the West. Right now it is passing right over us in a looping motion bringing heat up from Portugal and Spain.

Even so, Britain does not experience this kind of heat, you might, we don't, so something is amiss. We should be having rain right now, but instead, we have got this 'oven' heat, basting everything from the ground up. So a piece of paper isn't really going to cut it. Heat exhaustion is a real concern. Thousands died in India and Pakistan recently due to the terrible heat they experienced, and believe me, they are just as experienced at being a hot climate as you are.

We are seeing climate disruption effects scattered around the globe, so even if you are not experiencing anything right now, eventually you will, either as a drop in temperature or an increase to the heat you are used to. The thing we have to think about is not just the fact that we are now experiencing heat we rarely ever see, but the concern is for how long it will go on. A temporary disruptive effect is easy to get through, but one that continues for a length of time is what will do the damage. Should we expect this temperatures as the norm in years to come or should we expect them to get even worse as is predicted over the coming years?
edit on 30/6/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yup supposed to hit 100 degrees F ob the 4th in North Westphalia.

For those inclined to mock... I grew up in Florida, imagine high humidity (for the region) uv index of Hawaii, high heat and no AC.

Very much a dangerous time.
edit on 30-6-2015 by irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is this better or worse than the heat wave of 2003?

... You know, before we start with the whole unprecedented stuff.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I apologize in advance if any one has mentioned this, I didn't read any of the 'responses'.

You all do realize that:

Over two thousand souls died due to heat in India already this year.

Over one thousand have died this year in Bangledesh.

SARCASM AHEAD

No global warming, no racism, no problem!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Yes I'm not far from Brest, and yes it's really unusual (though the temps are always higher than what they say on the weather forecast). But today it's way cooler, it's even started raining, which isn't unusual around here.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeSbO
a reply to: Bluesma

Yes I'm not far from Brest, and yes it's really unusual (though the temps are always higher than what they say on the weather forecast). But today it's way cooler, it's even started raining, which isn't unusual around here.

Now that sounds more like what we expect of that area! Lucky you! We're in for another blazer today. Trying to get all my courses done early this morning before I shut myself up in the house with the air conditioning.

In response to the poster who mentioned the heat wave we had in 2003- this feels the same.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is that the heatwave that I remember in France when the news was filled with reports of the deaths of the elderly? The french were leaving in droves on vacation because of the oppressive heat but the elderly couldn't travel and were stuck trying to survive temperatures over 100 degrees F in homes that did not have air conditioning? Wasn't the death toll in the thousands?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join