It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influential European countries back UK's EU reforms on immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel for the UK and it being abused by immigration. France, Denmark, Germany and Sweden are all influential EU countries that back the propositions for EU reform. The idea is that these might well be proposed as EU wide instead of specific to the UK, which gives more chance of these reforms being accepted.

www.dailymail.co.uk... national-poll.html

Detailed talks have begun on Britain's plan to reform Europe, before Mr Cameron stages an in-out referendum by the end of 2017.

At a summit in Brussels last week, the Prime Minister set out his demands on 'sovereignty, fairness, immigration and competitiveness'.

His plan to curb immigration between EU countries includes 'tackling the welfare incentives that attract so many people from across the EU to seek work in Britain'.

However, it seems the call for limits on what migrants can claim in other countries has substantial support elsewhere in the EU.

It suggests Mr Cameron could build support from key players in the EU if he recasts his plan as beneficial for all countries, and not just special demands for Britain.

A key proposal made by Mr Cameron is to introduce a four-year waiting period before EU migrants coming into a country can claim in-work benefits such as tax credits or social housing.

The idea is supported by 82 per cent of people in Britain, but according to a new YouGov Eurotracker survey is also supported by 62 per cent of people in France and 47 per cent in Germany.

edit on 30-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This looks interesting so star and flag but it's just too hot to think about this kind of thing right now.

I will pop back later when I can breathe properly and think straight.

Good post.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah it's hot today and tomorrow probably hotter at 95c, constantly drinking chilled drinks here. Phew.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

This actually looks quite sensible..
Whats the catch Dave?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Staying in Europe is the plan so I guess for some it might be a 'catch' , IMO it's a good thing, though the EU is looking tetchy ATM thanks to the impending potential GREXIT. I guess a few hours to see the response to Greece's new proposal.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Multiculturalism not working out as intended?

A bit too much diversity for the parent culture?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The article is about EU reform though the UK is probably too lapse about allowing certain aspects of multiculturalism.

It isn't any wonder that the UK and France are the most opposed seeing as we have experienced the worst of it, France, often just because it is used as a means of entering the UK for it's free things.
edit on 30-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Multiculturalism not working out as intended?

A bit too much diversity for the parent culture?

I would also like some claification on your somewhat short and sweet post.

If you would care to expand on this it would be ossibly benificial to the question in point.

If not then...

top topics

join