It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Sec-Gen: “Obama To Sign International Agreement To End Global Poverty”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon made a statement the other day at a conference in San Francisco.

He spoke of a plan to end poverty worldwide !!

U.S. President Obama will be outlining the plan at an upcoming meeting in September.

Sounds like Agenda21 will be accelerated.

Maybe those controversial trade agreements are part of the "plan"? Hmmm.

Let's hope this miracle plan won't be like the "war on poverty" the U.S. has been fighting for 50 years. That plan seems to be adding to the problems more than ending the problems. Hmmm.

U.N. Sec-Gen: “Obama To Sign International Agreement To End Global Poverty”

Last Friday, while most Americans were distracted debating the pros and cons of the Confederate Flag, or lamenting the latest SCOTUS rulings, Democrats and one world supporters gathered in San Francisco, California to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the United Nations.

The event, held in San Francisco City Hall, was a Progressive star-studded event featuring the likes of Governor Jerry Brown, Mayor Ed Lee, and Democratic Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. But the most compelling statement was made the the keynote speaker, the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon. Secretary Moon admitted that in September World Leaders, including President Obama,are set to sign a new international development agreement to eradicate poverty:

“Ladies and Gentlemen I’ll tell you why we have big works ahead. In September World Leaders, including President Obama, will come to the United Nations Special Summit Session and will adopt an inspiring new development agenda to end global poverty.”

According to a United Nations report, Sustainable Development is all about wealth redistribution:

“The growing concentration of wealth and income, which may represent an inherent feature of capitalism (Piketty 2013), stands in sharp contrast with the increasingly cooperative nature of wealth creation in ever more interdependent and globalized, but segmented and dispersed production processes (Moulier-Boutang 2012). It further prevents eradicating poverty without breaching planetary boundaries (Rockström et al. 2009, Gerst et al. 2013). An approach for simultaneously addressing issues of resource allocation, wealth and income distribution as well as the quantity of natural resources nurturing economic activity is therefore required (Costanza et al. 2012, Farley et al. 2013). Redistributive policies are an essential component of strategies for reducing inequality and promoting sustainable development in its three dimensions: economic, social and environmental.”

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And how in the blue hell are they going to do that?

I don't like the sound of that. I like the sound of eradicating poverty, I don't like the sound of a 'global effort' led by some of the most corrupt world leaders on the planet.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sounds good to me.

Coming together and working out a plan to combat hunger, poverty and other problems we face......count me in.

Of course we will have to see what is in the agreement, but the initial premise is something we should all be able to agree with.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Can we start the redistributive policies with Obama and Ban Ki-Moon?
I'm all for a floor to prevent poverty, but handle it without taking from person A to give to person B.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They gonna stop all defence budgets??

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well this outa be interesting....

People who don't even know what "real life" is going to make a provision to end world poverty? These people have no clue what poverty is....None of them!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Anything that doesn't support the current trickle down or tax breaks for the wealthy is a terrible thing. Anything that doesn't support 99% of all new income going straight to the top 1% is a threat to puppy's and the little kittens everywhere.

There needs to be a global redistribution of wealth, the world won't end if more people had more instead of the elite living off the backs of the poor like the system we have today, the system needs to be changed.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Anything I see with those 2 letters in it is immediately , in my mind , condemned to failure. This is more likely going to be something like the oil for food (hahaha) program where the only "poverty" it will cure is the UN's.Everything that group has been associated with since it was the "League of Nations"(they actually tried) has become a mess and a rip-off.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
They gonna stop all defence budgets??

I have a feeling the defense budgets will increase.

One can only imagine the massive authoritarian force necessary to get these plans going.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They will just change the level of poverty to just under $1.00 a week . There fixed it .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds good to me.

Coming together and working out a plan to combat hunger, poverty and other problems we face......count me in.

Of course we will have to see what is in the agreement, but the initial premise is something we should all be able to agree with.

But they've been doing this for decades.

Where did they go wrong?

What will they be changing to solve the problems created by past and current programs?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds good to me.

They cant come together to sort out their own political views, this is the biggest con job ever

We are all about to get screwed big time

You cant fix people who dont want to be fixed.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

We will have to wait and see what they come up with. It may be more of the same-ole, but we will find out soon enough.

Hopefully they work together to find better way to allocate resources to places that need it, and give control of certain resource-rich lands back to the people, instead of corporations who steal the land and sell the resources back to those people at a price they cannot afford.

There are many things that can be done, and I'm glad that we may begin that process. Again, we have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

This isn't about fixing people, it appears that this is about resource allocation, income and wealth disparity and other issues.

Can you not agree that these issues need to be addressed?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The premise is great...

Yet at the same time Obama is rushing to outsource the remaining middle class jobs pushing many down into the poor tax bracket.

Can't see this working out well for regular folks.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: irishhaf

Like I said, we will have to wait and see.

I'm not going to cower in fear until I have a reason to do so.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Agenda 21 to the rescue! Lifting the world's impoverished masses.
Money will be taken from the working classes and given to those most in need - the unemployed who breed like rabbits.
Food, energy, water, land - all will be rationed out to "save the planet".
Don't worry, the uber rich will still be taking Lear jets around the world to posh hotels to get together and decide how best to keep the masses at each other's throats instead of theirs.
Using the UN as their proxy they will take the heat off the international bankers.
Meanwhile, UN security forces will be taking over any country that resists their efforts to micromanage the planet.

Jade Helm has nothing to do with this, nor does the small arms treaty or the pope or the appearance of ISIS here in the US or the drought in the Southwestern US or the UN saying they will have to manage climate change migrants or the NDAA or the US Army Civilian Labor manual or FEMA camps or the coming food shortages or Fukushima leaking death all over, ah heck if you haven't caught on by now you didn't even need to read all that run-on sentence.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sounds all Nicey Nice.....

But I have a very strong feeling what this is going to entail isnt going to be sunshine and rainbows......

If its hard at first but works, thats one thing.........

But every time Obama or the UN says they are going to do something it NEVER turns out like they say its going to....

Especially in light of the recent TPP situation.......something smells off

Lets look at past history of these two before we jump on board with the Rah Rahs and lauding them as saviors.....
edit on 6/30/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

There needs to be a global redistribution of wealth, the world won't end if more people had more instead of the elite living off the backs of the poor like the system we have today, the system needs to be changed.

Ahh yes , MANDATE charity......thats a good idea.......

Take what other people have at the point of a gun or through other nefarious means.......

My family and I give to charity all the time , and we also spend our time feeding the homeless at soup kitchens and donating food.........thats something WE do as a family.....

but the minute someone tries to come into my home and take what ive worked hard for, for MY family by force?

Not going to end well and its not the way to do it.........and many countries citizens feel the same way......

They never do thins like this to level the playing field in a good way.......not to raise people up, but to make them all on an equal level of POVERTY.....

Again.......the UN and Obama........not buying it

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
They will just change the level of poverty to just under $1.00 a week . There fixed it .

Or just rename it "food insecurity".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join