It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Greek financial crisis could affect Canadians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

A referendum on whether to accept the terms of an air proposal could tantamount to a vote to leave the Eurozone, if a “no” vote wins.

Greece may not be a key trading partner with Canada, but that doesn’t mean Canadians shouldn’t be concerned about what’s happening in the Mediterranean nation.

From your stocks to your trip to the grocery store, here’s how the Greek economic crisis may affect you.
globalnews.ca...

Although this article only pertains to Canada, I think those living in other countries may find reading it to be beneficial. The effects of the Greek financial crisis will probably be similar in many countries all over the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
It is a world economy that we have today.
That makes things dangerous for everyone except the very wealthy (the 1%).

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I read the article and it basically boiled down to the biggest issues Canadian's faced was not being able to get Greek food-exports in a timely fashion.

The horror.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The effects of the Greek financial crisis will probably be similar in many countries all over the world.

If you mean other countries will try to (default) on their debt, too? Why not?

"Hey, if Greece gets to Grexit the EU, why can't we, too?"

Thats why they won't allow it back in the Banksters board room.
Little choice now. The greek delegation walked out over the weekend on the emergency meeting to resolve the issue. If the government can afford it, there will be a referendum on Sunday to decide whether to stay n the EU or not. I wonder if the voting will be digital on Diebold machines? The ATMS in Greece are Diebold…

Can;t wait to see how this plays out.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It is a world economy that we have today.
That makes things dangerous for everyone except the very wealthy (the 1%).

Not quite, that 1% wants to impose austerity, welfare cuts and tax cuts as a solution , hmmmmm

There's a pattern emerging across all countries, all faiths......the rich and powerful, the 1%, are really starting to p.ss off the rest (but not enough..yet). It's unfortunate when some of those 99% go to extremes (ISIS).

Things will get worse, potentially far far worse unless those 1%'ers (and their defenders) realise the current economic model is broken. The trouble is you only have to come here on ATS to see how many non 1%'ers defend the current economic model that only ever benefits the 1%'ers ... Until people like that wake up the 1%'ers will continue to suck the world economy dry.

The 1%'ers can only continue whilst enough of the 99%'ers vote the same way ie conned by tabloid stories,budget sweeties and incorrectly labelling the poor as the problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I read the article and it basically boiled down to the biggest issues Canadian's faced was not being able to get Greek food-exports in a timely fashion.

The horror.

Yeah. Wow. I read it thinking you must be exaggerating, but... it really reads like a puff piece from a very slow news day.

Of course, if it's puffy enough to print, it's puffy enough to get hysterical over. Nice work, Global.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet
Yeah. Wow. I read it thinking you must be exaggerating, but... it really reads like a puff piece from a very slow news day.

Of course, if it's puffy enough to print, it's puffy enough to get hysterical over. Nice work, Global.

Part of the problem with the Greek fiasco is the hype surrounding it which the average person will get sucked into and possibly make very poor financial decisions.

Guess who that benefits?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The 1%'ers can only continue whilst enough of the 99%'ers vote the same way ie conned by tabloid stories,budget sweeties and incorrectly labelling the poor as the problem.

It seems to me that 99% of the 99% are oblivious, soaking up the hypnotic media propaganda.

top topics

join