It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian facing death for drinking from Muslim water cup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

A Pakistani Christian woman facing death for drinking water out of the same vessel used by her Muslim co-workers is in such poor health her supporters fear she won't make it to her date with the executioner.

Aasiya Noreen, a wife and mother of five better known as Asia Bibi, was sentenced in 2010 to be hanged for apostasy. The grim verdict was handed down after her co-workers charged she had insulted Prophet Mohammed when she was told she could not share the water vessel. Now 50, Bibi is suffering from numerous health problems, including intestinal bleeding, according to Global Dispatch, which cited Bibi's family in reporting the woman is “so weak she could hardly walk.”

“She is an exemplar of a gross miscarriage of injustice rooted in Pakistan’s extremely unfair blasphemy laws and of how this law can victimize someone who should not be inside the criminal justice system whatsoever,” said Phelim Kine, deputy director of Human Rights Watch’s Asia Division.

www.foxnews.com...

What a sick society. This is not some individual who has claimed jihad or extremist but an entire government who has decided to penalize another human being by DEATH because of their religious beliefs.

To those who say there are few extremist within the Muslim community I disagree. As I look around the Middle East to Saudi Arabia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan and see governments prosecuting Christians and others who are not Muslim, how can you expect someone with a different belief than Muslim to not be angry? I often see ATS members jump up and scream it is but a few Muslim extremist and this is incorrect, it is entire countries.
edit on 30-6-2015 by deathslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I guess no more worse/just as sick as how Christians in USA/"The west" decides to penalize another human being because he/she doesn't live up to their religious beliefs..............

Religion is evil, just look in the history books..........

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
I guess no more worse/just as sick as how Christians in USA/"The west" decides to penalize another human being because he/she doesn't live up to their religious beliefs..............

I have NEVER seen a Muslim (in the west) being put to death because they drank from the cup of a Christian?

I have NEVER seen a Christian (in the west) be put to death by a government for blasphemy. This is done throughout the Middle East today...... not some thousand years ago......

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Just... I mean. cmon.. what? nevermind

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

You don't have to go thousands of years back to find atrocities committed in some Gods name...... The Christians who came to America (the continent) where little sweet angels?

But yes, you are absolutely right that it's SICK what that woman has been put through and that it shouldn't happen to anybody..................

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
[Sarcasm hat on] Ah religious people aren't they a wonderful bunch.

Religion will be the downfall of our species.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

Now, Thou shalt not judge.
Not all religious persons are bad - only those who try to dictate how the rest of us shall lead our life.

Well, that is at least my personal humble opinion.................
edit on 6302015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You don't have to go thousands of years back to find atrocities committed in some Gods name...... The Christians who came to America (the continent) where little sweet angels?

But yes, you are absolutely right that it's SICK what that woman has been put through and that it shouldn't happen to anybody..................

THIS IS TODAY, BUDDY! OUR CURRENT MODERN WORLD. NOT THE INSANE ABUSIVE, PAST.

AND TODAY THIS NEEDS TO FOREVER BE PUT IN THE PRIMITIVE PAST.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This is why I'm glad that America isn't a Christian nation, because if it were, we'd be reading about similar situations except the roles would be reversed.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer

I have NEVER seen a Muslim (in the west) being put to death because they drank from the cup of a Christian?

I have NEVER seen a Christian (in the west) be put to death by a government for blasphemy. This is done throughout the Middle East today...... not some thousand years ago......

Christians are more insidious with their persecution and intolerance. They've learned to be intolerant within the law, and have thus learned how to do FAR more harm by keeping their victims alive and not physically hurt.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Yes it does, Unity. But this is the kind of thing that happens when religion is left unchecked. Or when religion and government become one and the same. Where ever theocracies are found. Atrocities follow. And where ever the religious become the majority. Oppression abounds.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Please give an example within the past year of a Christian
killing someone for drinking water
or for something else equal in import.
(ie. eating something, drinking something,
using the wrong toilet, anything that is
equal behavior to drinking water)
Do this before you say Christians are as bad in the west.

Your statement is defaming and slandering and bigoted
when you make comparisons like this without any backup.

If you say Christians are equal in their behavior in the west -
I dare you to prove it because you can't.

Because your statement is prejudiced, bullying, and Christophobic.

Prove to me that within the last year a Christian in the USA
has killed someone and yelled the equivalent of
"Allah Akbar" or said they were killing someone because
Christ told them to; and the person was not punished
but praised by the government for killing or the government
did the killing.

Until you can prove that, Christian behavior in the US
is no where near equivalent the Muslim law and behavior.

Your statement is so bigoted as to incite violence against
Christians for imagined crimes.

Prove to me that people are jailed or killed in the name of Christ
or in the name of Christianity in the USA, where in the sentence
of the person the judge said the tenants of the Bible were
violated and that was the basis of the sentence.
Because that is how this poor woman was sentenced, her sentence
was clearly because she violated the Koran.

Prove to me I am wrong, name one sentence within the past year
where the judge cited the Bible and not civil law as the basis for
putting someone to death in the US, or even within the past 10 years.

You can't, you can only make Christophobic and bigoted and slanderous statement
about Christians in general. Shame on you.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You make it sound like because the law prevents Christians from doing these things that they wouldn't do these things without the law hanging over their head. Like I said earlier, Christian intolerance and hate hasn't gone away, it has just taken other forms. The gay marriage debate is a good example of this, or what Christians do to abortion (both legal and politically).

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: deathslayer

Christians are more insidious with their persecution and intolerance. They've learned to be intolerant within the law, and have thus learned how to do FAR more harm by keeping their victims alive and not physically hurt.

Why do you hate Christians so much? I have seen your bigoted remarks over and over on ATS, you have a really deeply emotional bias against Christians.

Give me an example of an intolerant law that is based on the Bible and that judges say when sentencing, you violated the bible.

Let me tell you what Christians really believe.

We teach that everyone has done wrong,
everyone has problems,
everyone has hurts,
everyone is imperfect.

Christ himself said he came for the hurting,
the imperfect, the people who are looked down on
in society.

Christ said he did not come for the judgmental
or the intolerant (Pharisees), he came for
people who know they are imperfect.

If a Christian treats you with intolerance
and with judgmentalism. Call them on it.
Tell them to their face that Christ clearly
rejects those who are judgemental or intolerant.
That is what the Bible says to do, tell people
to their face, in person when you have a problem
with them.

Christ says that the judgemental and intolerant
will not live with him in paradise.
Christ only accepts those who know they are
imperfect and struggle daily to live better lives.

That is what my church teaches, and my daughter who
lives on the other side of the country said that was
the basis for the sermon she heard last week.

That is the Christianity I know,
if you know intolerant and judgmental
people who claim to be Christians
Please for their own good, call them on it,
remind them that Christ rejects them for
what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Here you go krazyshot. www.alternet.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

And I'm saying that this is the reason the western modern society should have laws founded upon god damn common sense and not religious beliefs.

I have NO problem with religious people, actually I will stand beside them to support and defend their right to practice their religion, just don't shove it down peoples throats and keep it out of the law books.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You make it sound like because the law prevents Christians from doing these things that they wouldn't do these things without the law hanging over their head. Like I said earlier, Christian intolerance and hate hasn't gone away, it has just taken other forms. The gay marriage debate is a good example of this, or what Christians do to abortion (both legal and politically).

If a christian is intolerant
behaves badly towards others
is judgemental towards others
Christ reject that person
from ever being in heaven.
That is the Christian theology
my church teaches
and most Christian churches
teach.

Your examples are intolerance
are not what the Bible teaches
or commands Christians to do.

The Korean however, tells and teaches
death to homosexuals,
death to those who violate anything in the Koran.
How can you compare putting people to death for "crimes"
and someone being intolerant and judgmental.
Show me how a death sentence is equal to intolerance as you are claiming.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'm thankful we do have a secular government. What happens in the U.S. in the name of Jesus is already bad enough. Jesus camps. Kidnapping gay kids and sending them off to Jesus conversion camp, where a few of those kids have died. Kids singing "ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven" from the pulpit. The list goes on and on and on.

Nevertheless, I feel terrible for this woman. Not only is she the wrong religion in the wrong country. She's a woman. A second class citizen in all the Abrahamic religions.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

And I'm saying that this is the reason the western modern society should have laws founded upon god damn common sense and not religious beliefs.

I have NO problem with religious people, actually I will stand beside them to support and defend their right to practice their religion, just don't shove it down peoples throats and keep it out of the law books.

Which religious laws does the US have that puts people to death for violating the Bible?

We should absolutely get rid of them.

Which religious laws does the US have that jails people for violating the Bible?

We should without a doubt get rid of them.

Please give examples, rather than generalizations with no foundation.

What about the 10 commandments, they are biblically based and should we abolish all laws based on them?
Well, with your reasoning, yes absolutely, because they are in the bible and not based on common sense.
So murder, stealing, etc. are all strictly forbidden in the bible and have strict biblical commands against them, so
all laws regarding these biblical principles should be thrown out because they are based on the Bible, don't you agree? I mean who wants to abide by religious principles, that is so wrong and so intolerant and so judgmental, don't you think?
If one says any law based in Biblical principles must go, then they all must go. Don't you think so, consistency demands it.

edit on 8Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:20:01 -0500am63006amk302 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Your examples are intolerance are not what the Bible teaches or commands Christians to do.

You have never actually read the bible have you? The bible tells you to kill people for working on Sunday. The bible tells you to kill unruly children the list goes on and on.

The Korean however, tells and teaches death to homosexuals, death to those who violate anything in the Koran.

The bible actually lists more reasons to kill people than the Qur'an.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join