It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Donald Trump Surging in the Polls? And Does it Mean He is For Real? Part One of Two

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Take a look at Carly Florina if you want the non-politician with a breath of fresh air. I would pay big bucks to watch her and Hillary in a one-on-one debate.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Take a look at Carly Florina if you want the non-politician with a breath of fresh air. I would pay big bucks to watch her and Hillary in a one-on-one debate.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Jana12
It's no secret that Trump is a narcissist (he has every single one of the nine traits and characteristics, along with the behaviors consistent with NPD) which means he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and narcissists never, ever make good leaders. He's not in it 'for the people', he's in it 'for the power'...the power he will surely abuse. Arrogance is not a virtue. Trump is one big bowl of wrong who blames everything on everyone else and takes no responsibility or accountability.

Mark my words, if he is elected/selected POTUS he will destroy the country and blame everyone and anything but himself.

I find your entire post hilarious! There is no bigger narcissist than the one currently in the White House.

Yes, but I didn't include Obama because I believe he's a classic sociopath with narcissistic tendencies, but not actually a narcissist, which sociopathy is actually much worse, and was also just staying 'on topic' here, focused on Trump...the narcissist. Jana12
edit on 30-6-2015 by Jana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Jana12
a reply to: Ceeker63

"We need a business man/woman in charge"... no, we need someone without a mental disorder.

Look up 'Narcissist' in the dictionary and there will be Trump's face.

Right next to Obama.......

I agree we already have one of those in office......and im sure all politicians are to an extent......but we really really dont need another to those epic levels

Sociopaths and narcissists should never be in any position where they have any power over others or in the decision-making process because THEY WILL abuse their power -- 'abuse of power' is part of these two disorders. Mentally disordered politicians (Obama, the Clinton's, Gov Christie, and now add Trump to the mix) is why the country is in trouble.

Sadly, we've come to accept that as 'the new normal', which is more dangerous than most realize. Even if they are knowledgeable and qualified on paper, sociopaths and narcissists make the absolute worst leaders.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I like her to NavyDoc and Queen, but at this point, I'll take anybody over Hillary. I have been republican for my entire life until the past couple of years my eyes have been opened to a lot of things, mostly environmental issues and their protection of Oil and Gas destroying this planet...so just the other day I told my wife that I liked a lot of things Bernie Sanders is saying. I never thought the day would come that I would consider voting democrat because there are a couple of social issues I will never bend on, no matter what, but like I said, I am finally seeing the light and would almost consider flipping to the "dark side" except there is no way in hell that would happen if HIllary is the democratic nominee. Just can't do it because she is just as bought up by corporate America as the rest of them, if not more. But Donald and Carly and Ben Carson are a few that I like, but I'm not sure how much chance Carly or Ben Carson have and I'm not sure how serious Donald is. Any of the other usual yahoos representing the republican party will probably make me flip to Bernie Sanders, but unfortunately, the democrats are just too damn stuck on the crook, Hillary, to ever choose the much better person that Sanders is. IMO, anyways.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtruth

In my humble opinion, this type of thinking and behavior is why many Muslims and non-westerners have grown to despise us over the last century. Another comment that struck a nerve and seemed a little insensitive was the over-generalization by Trump that all the Mexican's immigrating to this country illegally are bad people, and he even went so far as to call them "rapists". Trump quickly back-tracked on the comments and told everyone how much he likes Mexican people, and that he even knows a few Mexicans.

Well, never mind...

This pretty much speaks for itself

S&F beyondtruth

edit on 6/30/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: something about anti-intellectualism

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I like her to NavyDoc and Queen, but at this point, I'll take anybody over Hillary. I have been republican for my entire life until the past couple of years my eyes have been opened to a lot of things, mostly environmental issues and their protection of Oil and Gas destroying this planet...so just the other day I told my wife that I liked a lot of things Bernie Sanders is saying. I never thought the day would come that I would consider voting democrat because there are a couple of social issues I will never bend on, no matter what, but like I said, I am finally seeing the light and would almost consider flipping to the "dark side" except there is no way in hell that would happen if HIllary is the democratic nominee. Just can't do it because she is just as bought up by corporate America as the rest of them, if not more. But Donald and Carly and Ben Carson are a few that I like, but I'm not sure how much chance Carly or Ben Carson have and I'm not sure how serious Donald is. Any of the other usual yahoos representing the republican party will probably make me flip to Bernie Sanders, but unfortunately, the democrats are just too damn stuck on the crook, Hillary, to ever choose the much better person that Sanders is. IMO, anyways.

Bernie Sanders!!!! When you go to the dark side, you really go dark!

Take a good look at Fiorina. Listen to her speak...and may the force be with you.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

lol, I know. I can't believe my own words sometimes.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Trump is a rabble rouser.

He will rise in the polls, he knows who his target audience is...he is going to keep up this "tough talk" rhetoric because he knows there is a segment of the Republican party that thrives off that. And unfortunately, that segment is loud and very aggressive...which will push other Republicans to join in with that group to try to fit in and not look weak.

I don't think it works in the long run...it will hurt the Republicans in the General Election...but Trump is going to create an angry mob and I think that is dangerous.

People like to talk about Obama dividing people...but it is people like Trump that is truly the ones that divide people. He is going to create an "us vs them" mob and if you aren't with us you are against us.

Trump is an idiot...but he is a dangerous idiot.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
List of people in the running for the GOP ticket who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of even making the first debate: Donald Trump and Ben Carson.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I think you're wrong about him being dangerous and that he will divide. In my 43 years, I have never seen such division as I see now...and he didn't create that. His tough talk is what people are looking for and I bet he unites more than he will divide. Some who like it the way it is now will call it that...but the masses who are sick and tired of the status quo are the ones who are looking for something different...and that's why he scares the sheet out of the establishment.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
THANKS FOR STICKING AROUND...NOW TO THE REST OF MY STORY...

Well... don't thank me yet...I want to know what you have to say, but that was one LONG OP!

can you sum it up for those of us who don't have tons of time to read a short essay?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
FYI -
CNN Poll
Bush 19, Walker 6, Rubio 6, Carson 7, Huckabee 8, Paul 7, Trump 12, Cruz 3, Christie 3, Perry 4, Santorum 3, Fiorina 1, Kasich 2, Jindal 2, Graham 1

Iowa Caucus Poll
Walker 18, Carson 10, Bush 8, Paul 9, Rubio 7, Huckabee 5, Trump 10, Cruz 9, Santorum 4, Christie 1, Perry 4, Fiorina 3, Kasich 2, Jindal 3

www.realclearpolitics.com...

* I generally see the GOP Nominations as being erratic with the occasional crazy in the lead because part of the Right Wing sentiment is "eff government"...and supporting a clown for president seems a way to express that sentiment...as opposed to people who actually believe that person would be a great President.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think you're wrong about him being dangerous and that he will divide. In my 43 years, I have never seen such division as I see now...and he didn't create that. His tough talk is what people are looking for and I bet he unites more than he will divide. Some who like it the way it is now will call it that...but the masses who are sick and tired of the status quo are the ones who are looking for something different...and that's why he scares the sheet out of the establishment.

It's not "tough talk" it is "hate talk" which is why it is divisive.

The "masses" you are speaking of aren't really that massive...however they will be a very loud mob that will echo all of Trumps hateful rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
That means he will not be beholden to outside influence when decision making is needed, IMHO this is why he scares the establishment political system on both sides of the aisle. He will not be easily controlled.

Far as I'm concerned it means he would at least be capable of making the best decisions for the country as a whole rather than serving special interest group issues to the detriment of the nation.

I take the opposite approach, because he has a company that relies heavily on shady business deals and he's under increased scrutiny he will be under pressure to make dealings that benefit his business and keep it afloat. Look at Cheney with Blackwater and the contracts they were handed. Trump has those exact same conflicts of interest and a history of being corrupt in such situations.

Do you really think Trump would pass on a deal that would make his company a couple billion dollars in favor of the one that benefits the people and may even cost his company money?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Do you really think Trump would pass on a deal that would make his company a couple billion dollars in favor of the one that benefits the people and may even cost his company money?
I would hope, but wouldn't dare to dream.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: charlyv You are kidding, right?

I could not be more serious. The status-quo does not work anymore. This country needs to be run like a business. Business tolerates no fluff.

Running the country like a business is a very bad idea. Businesses seek to encourage people to buy their products, and they charge the highest price they can. Think about this in a world where governments can mandate purchases of items that they set the price for as they call it a tax.

Running the government as a business is a worst case scenario.

What am I getting at...?

At the utmost level, general business practice would define a mission for itself. Lets say that the mission of the business being basically to increase the wealth, health and prosperity of the American people ( the customer) and be a caring and responsible citizen to the world. In a business sense, it is not corny, it is a charter.

The American public are also shareholders of the business.

There is nothing more important in business, than the invested customer and fulfillment of the mission.

Seems healthy, doesn't it?
That is just the start.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

It's not "tough talk" it is "hate talk" which is why it is divisive.

The "masses" you are speaking of aren't really that massive...however they will be a very loud mob that will echo all of Trumps hateful rhetoric.

How is it hateful to say that something needs to be done about our borders and simply allowing some bad elements to cross at will. Why is this not an important part of the security of American citizens? Instead, it's hateful to just want to know that we are safe. It's our duty to protect our people and this is something that should be expected from a presidential candidate. I can't believe how ridiculous our society has become to just sit back and say that this group or that group gets to skirt the law while we throw our own people in jail everyday for something as simple as failure to pay a traffic ticket! No one says they can't come to America...just do it the right way!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What am I getting at...?

At the utmost level, general business practice would define a mission for itself. Lets say that the mission of the business being basically to increase the wealth, health and prosperity of the American people ( the customer) and be a caring and responsible citizen to the world. In a business sense, it is not corny, it is a charter.

A businesses purpose is to enrich itself, and gather for itself more power, influence, and customers. Ultimately that translates into a larger more powerful government, a higher population, and higher revenue (more taxes). The citizens may be shareholders but we're compelled to invest and the government as a business is a monopoly. That doesn't lead to a healthy business atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What am I getting at...?

A businesses purpose is to enrich itself, and gather for itself more power, influence, and customers. Ultimately that translates into a larger more powerful government, a higher population, and higher revenue (more taxes). The citizens may be shareholders but we're compelled to invest and the government as a business is a monopoly. That doesn't lead to a healthy business atmosphere.

The current system leaks money like a sieve. There is no accountability when millions, even billions of dollars turn up missing from just about every department's budget on an annual basis. Nor is there justifiable accountability in cost over-runs and outright ridiculous programs biased and designed to make certain people very rich. Business environments attack these activities with a vengeance, as they suck the life blood out of the organization and directly impact the bottom line.

What is going on now is unhealthy for the country and the only thing that can fix that is proper management and direct accountability for everything that our taxes are paying for.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join