It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Senator Charles Schumer: Make Swatting Federal Crime

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I always thought swatting was really mean and uncalled for. I worry for the person who was framed - what if they aren't able to clear their name? It hurts both the victim and the police department. Did you see that glass door shatter as the police forced their way into one victim's house? It can cause property damage as well.
edit on 30pmTue, 30 Jun 2015 12:20:19 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Its pretty bad, I know alot of streamers that have huge followings, and with people that like them there are people that hate them, and do this crap out of spite.
if it continues, undoubtedly someone will end up being shot over a prank call

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I always thought swatting was really mean and uncalled for. I worry for the person who was framed - what if they aren't able to clear their name? It hurts both the victim and the police department. Did you see that glass door shatter as the police forced their way into one victim's house? It can cause property damage as well.

I thought the most telling bit was when the SWAT was
    standing on top of the guy
    saw he is live on camera
    and immediately took his foot off the guys' back

Or when the SWAT turned the web cam to the wall while they talked to the guy.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 30-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Let me say I had not heard of the conspiracy story surrounding the shoot out, and find it interesting and will attempt to find something on it, thanks for the education. I am not for any type of gun control so no I don't want police officers to be the only entity armed to the teeth. I enjoy firing weapons and since I am currently in the military, I have enjoyed firing fully automatic weapons and find it exhilarating to say the least.

I do see the need for the Police or at least SWAT to be armed with the same weapons that they could find themselves up against. As for current laws doing the job against swatting, it does seem to be classified in may areas as only a misdemeanor and could see that by upgrading it to a federal status and therefore making it a more serious crime that perhaps it could deter some.

I do not like the Federal government meddling any more than they should but sometimes it takes serious consequences to get through to some people enough to make a difference. Since a misdemeanor is an excuse for many countries to deny Visa's or entry the Federal status would not change that fact. Someone who commits an act of swatting which I repeat is dangerous to all involved who is not a citizen of this country should not be welcomed as one any way in my opinion.

We agree 100% for the most part, and I will reiterate that like all gun owners the Police have a responsibility to practice the same responsibilities that come with gun ownership. The information they receive from a 911 call is not usually enough to assess any situation, there could be hostages, it could be a ambush now days but they should slow it down and yes I agree let them go (in a robbery situation) and catch them later but boy would lawyers have a field day with that if someone else were injured or killed, they would be lined up to sue departments for letting armed criminals go free.

It is a catch-22 situation for police but they could sure do a better job of safe policing, not only for themselves but for everyone. Common sense has been lost in this world of ours, I am afraid.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trick2g just got swatted live. look it up there's a youtube video. Everyone is saying it's an act and fake but you can tell by his pleading that he is actually getting swatted. What happens now? I want to know he's okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join