It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Crashes 350 Points in Worst Market Drop of 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

U.S. stocks suffered their worst plunge so far in 2015 on Monday. Investors don't like uncertainty, and Greece is the poster child for "up in the air."

The Dow shed 350 points, nearly a 2% drop. The S&P 500 fell over 2%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq lost 2.4%. Asian and European markets were even deeper in the red. Germany's main DAX index ended the day down 3.5%.

I really hope the markets rebound tomorrow. If not, it may be that time to start stocking up on beans and rice again.

I haven't watched the stock markets so closely since 2008. It brings back feelings of dread in the pit of my stomach.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BattleStarGal
Ahhhhhh, The Central Banks at Play.

Refreshing as a Fug.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If this is the year for a tumble it's still some weeks off. Historically it doesn't happen until fall, from September to November. Too early to know much of anything. It seems this is (has it ever been much different?) more a result of speculation than actual economics at play.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

it seems to me that every so often an issue like this will 'enter' the public psyche, for about 3 weeks everyone will be spewing controversy about it, then it simmers down and everyone completely forgets about it over night. About a week ago the 'omg chinese stock market is crashing (not really!)' thing started, now we're seeing a bunch of armchair theorists scanning market listings, flagging any drop as "omg the market is coming down1!! prepare your buttsheeks!" when they don't actually understand that what they're looking at represents nothing.

2% drops happen all the time

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

They sure do, and I hope you're right. I'm not trying to alarm anyone, but again.. 3 weeks is tiny compared to 7 years. Those cycles are legit (but not absolute).

For the record, this 2% hasn't happened in over 6 months, so "all the time" is not so correct.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Used to happen all the time.
Could be that low cost online trading has removed some of the volatility.
Waalk much?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Assphinctor says walk?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Beans and rice? Why not cash out and stock the freezer with beef and bacon? It's coming down some more, lies do not work forever. They will be saying it is a normal major correction by the end of the week.

I'm just spreading doom and gloom, I don't know what is going to happen. I only know that nothing was actually fixed after the 2008 crash.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A robust middle class with union participation on corporate boards (as in Germany) make for stability. Solid and secure social safety nets for all make for a stable economy and political environment.

It was the reason, stability, that the Marshall Plan set up all those national health and welfare plans, encouraged union membership and participation to avoid just this kind of crap.

Puerto Rico is the verge as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

From Ellen Brown's Blog, "Web of Debt":

It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. — Attributed to Henry Ford

In March 2014, the Bank of England let the cat out of the bag: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it.

So wrote David Graeber in The Guardian the same month, referring to a BOE paper called “Money Creation in the Modern Economy.” The paper stated outright that most common assumptions of how banking works are simply wrong.

The result, said Graeber, was to throw the entire theoretical basis for austerity out of the window.

The revelation may have done more than that. The entire basis for maintaining our private extractive banking monopoly may have been thrown out the window.

And that could help explain the desperate rush to “fast track” not only the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), but the Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA). TiSA would nip attempts to implement public banking and other monetary reforms in the bud.

ellenbrown.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Correction: Worst Market Drop of 2015 so far.
edit on 29-6-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I really do not think a drop of 2% is a 'crash', it really is not even in correction territory.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

They just shuffling the deck

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good time to get some cheap buys!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Gee , I Guess RON PAUL was Right ................. That Man NEVER LIES Unlike some People..............

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There was an ATS member named Poolboy that was deep into technical trading and shared his knowledge on the board.

He called those chart signals "flags", they can signal up or down.

There was an up "flag" at the end of the Nikkei trading session last night.

The Nikkei did open up tonight.

Poolboy was disappeared and is probably working for the Goldman Sachs plunge protection team.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BattleStarGal

U.S. stocks suffered their worst plunge so far in 2015 on Monday. Investors don't like uncertainty, and Greece is the poster child for "up in the air."

The Dow shed 350 points, nearly a 2% drop. The S&P 500 fell over 2%, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq lost 2.4%. Asian and European markets were even deeper in the red. Germany's main DAX index ended the day down 3.5%.

I really hope the markets rebound tomorrow. If not, it may be that time to start stocking up on beans and rice again.

I haven't watched the stock markets so closely since 2008. It brings back feelings of dread in the pit of my stomach.

Sorry, but it is all fraudulent paper shuffling.
The stock market is supposed to be a tool to fuel the economy for the best interests of this nation, and it seems that has been turned around bass ackwards where the stock market is more important than the economy of this country.

The stock market has turned from a tool used to capitalize innovation to a get rich quick scheme for certain people and pretty soon you run out of other peoples money.

edit on 29-6-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Used to happen all the time.
Could be that low cost online trading has removed some of the volatility.
Waalk much?

IF the government ever gets out of propping up the financial markets, then we could see the true nature of the situation.
I don't think that will every happen though when DC is infested with Revolving Door Bankers.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
A robust middle class with union participation on corporate boards (as in Germany) make for stability. Solid and secure social safety nets for all make for a stable economy and political environment.

It was the reason, stability, that the Marshall Plan set up all those national health and welfare plans, encouraged union membership and participation to avoid just this kind of crap.

Puerto Rico is the verge as well.

Good Post.

The balance of power has been way off kilter in favor of the investor class in this country rather than the working class and that needs to change. It will happen either by consent or collapse.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If anyone thinks we're not a one-world-government now, when an issue in Greece causes OUR market to falter. . .

Then I don't know what to tell you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join