It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC to Donald Trump: You're Fired

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
NBC to Donald Trump: You’re Fired

NBC just told Donald J. Trump, the Republican presidential candidate and former star of “The Celebrity Apprentice” reality show, that he’s fired. Following inflammatory remarks that Mr. Trump made about Mexican immigrants during his presidential announcement, NBC said in a statement that it was ending its business relationship with the billionaire real estate and media mogul. During his June 16 announcement, Mr. Trump referred to immigrants as “rapists” and “murderers.” Citing “derogatory statements,” NBC said that it would no longer air the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants that were part of a joint venture with the network.

I really can't blame NBC for this. Some of the crazy things that come out of his mouth would make it hard to take him, or anything connected with him seriously. Looking forward to his reply to this though. Maybe he'll try to sue NBC like he's threatened to sue Univision.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Ultimate irony. I laughed when I read the headline earlier this morning.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Maybe he'll try to sue NBC like he's threatened to sue Univision.

He also banned Univision employees from his resorts. But as far NBC dumping him all I can say is this.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This PR stunt that this presidential candidacy was supposed to be is back firing big time isnt it?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Bravo for the corporations standing up to his ugly remarks. What I find disturbing is that not one Republican politician or organization did the same.

Shame on you Republican party!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh yeah, Trump cares about someone laughing at him for getting fired....He will have to file unemployment now to make ends meet...

If anything he is laughing since he can say whatever he wants about whatever he wants and he doesn't care one single bit...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is why Donald has had so many business problems. He does not seem to be able to do simple math. Donald Trump vs 1.2 trillion dollars a year in Hispanic buying power is a no brainier. Trump will lose every time. And people, I know only a very few, want to vote for this guy. The only thing he runs worse than his company is his mouth.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
If anything he is laughing since he can say whatever he wants about whatever he wants and he doesn't care one single bit...

You mean like everyone else in America.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ironic that even corporations hated Trump.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He could always pick up his golf game........ now when he's out of the TV gig and even the tooth ferry stands a better chance than he reaching The White House.....................

edit on 6292015 by BobbyRock because: clarification

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good news actually, as it will mean he'll probably play out his gig as "presidential candidate" into the Summer of 2016 (at a minimum).

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

He also banned Univision employees from his resorts. But as far NBC dumping him all I can say is this.

That's interesting, what are the discrimination laws in the US...or if there are any, are they a bit bendable?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And Again Trump in his own mind can do no wrong, his answer is to sue them.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Trump cares about someone laughing at him for getting fired....He will have to file unemployment now to make ends meet...

The Apprentice was his ego stroke project. He often made no sense in what he was saying but, sure promoted the hell out of himself on it. He is going to miss that more than anything else.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
NBC to Donald Trump: You’re Fired

NBC just told Donald J. Trump, the Republican presidential candidate and former star of “The Celebrity Apprentice” reality show, that he’s fired. Following inflammatory remarks that Mr. Trump made about Mexican immigrants during his presidential announcement, NBC said in a statement that it was ending its business relationship with the billionaire real estate and media mogul. During his June 16 announcement, Mr. Trump referred to immigrants as “rapists” and “murderers.” Citing “derogatory statements,” NBC said that it would no longer air the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants that were part of a joint venture with the network.

I really can't blame NBC for this. Some of the crazy things that come out of his mouth would make it hard to take him, or anything connected with him seriously. Looking forward to his reply to this though. Maybe he'll try to sue NBC like he's threatened to sue Univision.

Meh....doubt he cares much. He knew before he spoke that he would get flak over it all. Likely a calculated risk for him and he has something set up with a more lucrative presence in media, like netflix or something, picking up a show.

He typically lands on his feet and I can't imagine NBC dumping him has any real bearing on his cash flow.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You mean like everyone else in America.

No, not really! There are very few in America that are in the position he is in.....I don't like the guy nor will I vote for him but he doesn't care one single bit about us laughing at him...He is laughing right back in his head.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Who cares? He's not a great guy, not a total a-hole either.

At lest he sticks to his guns, unlike many people in the spotlight these days - he just happens to be an abrasive, doesn't know how to deal with his balding...jerk.

I think that them firing him is within their right, but someone else will pick up the revenue they dumped.

Trump isn't the kind to get all butt-hurt and sit in the corner crumpled, sucking his thumb...he's the kind to take the lickin' and move forward...many times better off than he was prior.

Time will tell how the comb-over gets along next. lol

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So does this mean that everybody is OK with an open border on the South ??

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
So does this mean that everybody is OK with an open border on the South ??

No...they just have to be really PC and tiptoe around talking about it so they don't upset anyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
No...they just have to be really PC and tiptoe around talking about it so they don't upset anyone.

Yeah... NOT calling Mexican immigrants rapists, criminals and drug dealers is SO PC! LOL!
edit on 6/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join