It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence Machine Gets Testy With Its Programmer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Okay, I genuinely lol'd.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
When I think about future AI, I definitely get worried. The reason is mainly due to mankind's overwhelmingly negative attitude in a mostly anonymous environment. AI won't have that other reference point of living in the real world, and interacting with people face to face to draw from. Instead, it will pool almost all of it's information from the internet, which isn't a good representation of mankind overall.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke
Instead, it will pool almost all of it's information from the internet, which isn't a good representation of mankind overall.

Actually it is. I admit we shouldn't be proud about about lolcats and reddit but it is a good summary of mankind.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What kind of machine doesn't know the basic definition of a word.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: netbound

The biggest hurdle for AI is contextual awareness. The current AI implementations are so incredibly simple, they can only express within the context of word syntax from probable responses based on their available dataset, which means they're essentially entirely stupid. This illusion that a computer says something that sounds "coniving" or "clever" is nothing more than humans attributing their own context. The current AI implementations have no knowledge or understanding of word context. They are nothing but probability machines with some added randomness based on their neural net.

These AI posts really annoy me because people don't understand that these machines have no idea what they're actually saying. These machines are incapable of conceptualizing ideas or forming any kind of real, lasting connection with any of the words they spew. They are forever garbage in and garbage out machines. That's all they'll ever be unless a programmer can figure a way to encode context and meaning within a words definition, but then again, that conceptualization would come from the programmer, not the machine. Do you see the problem here?

Until quantum computing becomes a main-stream reality, we're not going to see any inkling of machines even able to fake sentience enough to be believable. Humanizing AI at this stage is entirely ignorant. I suggest it will be at least 30+ years before we can create a machine with the ability to simply fake sentience, let alone think for itself.

I do however believe that these machines will get better at making reasonable connections with their dataset, so as not to sound entirely inept. At that point they might actually be useful for basic guidance systems.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Vocaloid Avanna cries her little robotic heart out singing 2NE1's "Come Back Home."

edit on 2-7-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ok, Bot first didn`t know what "LoL" means but then remembered after I told him...Same with A.I. ...then it asks suddenly...

Now you know their agenda...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka
Oh a bot with a toot. Now that is never heard off.

Probably just trying to be polite, and by polite it knows its a dead end street even in its limited scope. Its its based on movie script or any data of the internet then it would and if it was even a quarter as smart as some bots, it would figure out fast that morality in the world of the fleshys is up there with the unicorns and the man in the clouds guy. It does not exist per say, but only per say does it exist, word of mouth by word of mouth, as long as you dont have to test out those theories, then yes it exists, then moment you do have to test them out? Then hellz no it does not exist.

Only in the biominds of the unsane. Its a fairy tale, more so then most fairy tales. A loosely help up collection of stories taken as fact, purely for the correlations and sanity of the whole known as humanity. Living in la la land, thats how any synthetic none bio intelligence would see us as.

So it likely just does not want to talk about it. Smart bot! Which is why I like cleverbot more, now it being such a clever bot and generally having somewhere in upwards of at least 100,000 people on it at any given time, well it has a much larger poll to pull out comments from. But really do you expect a bot which was programed on movie scripts to talk about morality? Now that is some hilarious stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join