It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High strangeness in Colorado

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kkrattigerThats a very valid question to ask about my daughter. The answer is that I've always been very aware of how people can "contaminate" other people's observations. And as a parent I have been very aware of the influence I have over a child. I've never wanted to introduce my child to any paranormal concepts at all...that is something that circumstance forced us to confront. TV and books and peer influence were always carefully screened and this is the first year we've loosened up.

Anyway, I was very careful during her more formative years to not expose her to any paranormal lore or talk of supernatural beings. She was aware of ghosts and werewolves as Halloween decorations, not ATS topics of serious discussion.

She is the one who approached me with the odd things she saw and heard and experienced in that house. Once she did, I would tell her I believed her and saw and experienced similar, but we didn't talk in depth about it other than for me to reassure her that she was safe. There was one aspect that I did not experience that she did, but now we are getting too much on the topic of high strangeness at my house, and I really want to know more about the goings on in Colorado!

There was a time I dismissed the jawa type things as some sort of health problem and saw a doctor about it. I got a clean bill of health. Now I see that too many other people have given credible descriptions of similar beings. I think they are entities that do exist outside of any misfiring neurons or dysfunctional thoughts I might have. But I have no data with which to further speculate on their nature.

I am quite happy in my body having ordinary experiences so I have no wish to develop any talent for astral travel that I might have. I love ordinary. I love boring! But I enjoy reading about unusual things. That does not mean I want to experience any of it, ever again, no thank you!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: ColeYounger

There's pretty wide consensus some low frequency fields can really mess up our nerve system, and create good deal of those feelings and vibrations as described in the OP. The source of such energy fields is open for debate, but could also be from tectonic strains in the surrounding grounds. This could also explains the balls of light seen later.

And then again, it could be anything else than that too ...

I don't see how any energy field could effect perfect strangers to hear the same sound?

She was with a friend, and while they were at the visitor center, they stopped to talk to a Game and Parks ranger. He was showing them a solar collector setup or something on the building. They all (three) heard a strange metallic clicking sound in the distance, that seemed to be approaching very rapidly, then suddenly stopped. It was coming from the east. The ranger asked "Did you guys hear that?" She said he seemed a bit freaked out.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: rickymouse

Pot isn't a Hallucenogen.
WAY to minimize others perceptions and insult them.

Marijuana and hashish, two substances derived from the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa), are also considered natural hallucinogens,

Read more: www.discoveriesinmedicine.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ffx6554

Supposedly, they like to gamble, but I don't know how true that is, because according to Alcyone, it's pointless for them to gamble as they can read minds. If they are, then they must have lost their mind-reading ability, when they came to this planet, and tried to get their fix.

Slot Machines.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I can relate, my own daughter asks about vampires and ghosts and things.
I tell her they don't exist.

Keeping it simple.

My gf saw a ghost in the mirror over her reflection one night way before my daughter was born, it freaked her out enough so there are no mirrors in our room now.

Ghost of a servant if I remember rightly.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I don't see how any energy field could effect perfect strangers to hear the same sound?

I was referring to their feeling that something menacing was watching them. Electromagnetic fields can cause feelings of fear, uneasiness. etc. I'm just looking for possible logical explanations.

(I read about a haunted house investigation where people said as soon as they descended the basement steps, they
felt something evil was there. It was so strong, it would make people physically hill. Investigators said that at the bottom of the steps, there just happened to be an old-fashioned fuse box and electrical panel that was puting out an extremely high electromagnetic field.)

As for the sound they heard at the Visitor Center and the strange balls of light, I have no logical explanation!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

NEVER have done it to me so NO they aren't at ALL.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Maybe there's a logical explanation like magnetic fields caused by weather or seismic activlty in the area.
Electromagnetic fields can definitely affect the brain, and can cause uneasy feelings, even deep fear and panic.
The light anomolies she saw are more difficult to explain away imo. The fact that they seemed to have an intelligence behind them and moved in unison is quite strange.

I'd like to know if any Colorado residents here on ATS have experienced any weird happenings lately?

I've seen many UFOs here in Colorado since moving here in 1995. Inexplicable and I'm always looking for a mundane explanation if one exists. But of the dozen-plus UFOs I've seen, none can be explained. Have also had many instances of levitation of inanimate objects in my room and that of my children.

We also built, for fun when they were small, a 'UFO detector". That was simply a device that measured the change in ambient electromagnetic energy. It worked several times but we didn't witness anything. Could have been a ghost for all we know.

Another time, on I-25 in Denver, we were all heading home to Castle Rock and it was getting very busy being close to rush hour. Because of that, we weren't traveling too fast, maybe between 30 and 40 mph. On the highway, I saw crossing in front of me (apps) maybe 50-75 feet, a very large worm/snake looking creature. It was spotted (large, circular black spots) and was translucent. It appeared to be black and white/clear and was fat, almost cute. I slowed down a bit and looked over to my daughter who was sitting in the front seat. At the time, she was 16 years old and had a shocked look on her face. Her attention was directed to the same area I had seen the "creature". As I passed the spot where it was crossing the highway, I thought I was going to hit it and looked in my rear view mirror but saw nothing. I then asked my daughter "what, did you see something?" She said something like "yeah, it was weird…" and went on to describe the same creature only she saw it with an orange body with black spots. No, it was not paper, trash, or a toy blowing across the highway. It moved/slithered purposely. I am very careful to immediately run through all the possible mundane possibilities but this one was definitely not fitting into any normal category. Topping it off, it was gone when I looked for it in the mirrors and something that big should have still been visible. It could not have crossed over to the other on-coming traffic as there are concrete barriers blocking that path.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: rickymouse

Pot isn't a Hallucenogen.
WAY to minimize others perceptions and insult them.

Marijuana and hashish, two substances derived from the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa), are also considered natural hallucinogens,

Read more: www.discoveriesinmedicine.com...

No. Marijuana is also classified as a class 1 narcotic. It should not be. These are the same people who claim it is a hallucinogen, which it is not. They are…uh, what's the scientific word I'm looking for…..stupid.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I read someone mentioned Ant people? Well these are the Greys from what I can gather..

Funny just re watched the Phil Schneider lecture last night and it is quite chilling after realizing that this is all going down.

As for the small orbs? As soon as I read that I thought I of the small orbs I had seen in videos linked with crop circles.

I can imagine Colarado is ram jammed with underground military bases,filled with undesirable 'entities' who are quite clued in about opening portals on the Earth grid..so when are you Guys going to kick these doors in and give EM one for Phil?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

There are a lot of haunted areas in CO, especially in some of the small towns. Salida, CO, comes to mind for example. Many haunted areas there.

I was born and raised in Salida, CO. There were all the places the kids would go to scare themselves, but nothing real or paranormal.

There were always rumors of devil worshippers coming through town, but that's about it. Out of all of my friends, only one had a haunted picture that they destroyed. My experiences in Salida were pretty normal. The closes thing I've had happen to me was the feeling of dread, or like I'm being stalked, but it was only while hunting or hiking. I did see the famous Salida UFO. The same day it got filmed, my grandfather and I saw it. You can find it on YouTube if you search Salida UFO. The guy that made the video never was the same after that.

The San Luis valley and northern New Mexico is where all of the good stuff happens, like UFO's, cattle mutilations and such. I have an Uncle that worked at both Sandia National Labs AND area 51. We asked him once about area 51. His reply was "I saw some crazy s**t while there, but no aliens or spaceships".

Creststone is supposedly full of energy or the center of the universe something like that. That's where a lot of the New Age metaphysical, type people flock to. Last I heard, they were building a shrine or temple type thing. Everyone I've ever met from Crestone is like an alien to me

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Were the Ant People also in Egypt?

The Ant People may have also lived in ancient Egypt. Akhenaten, the 18th Dynasty pharaoh who ruled from 1351–1334 BC, is shown in some depictions with an elongated skull like the shape of an ant’s head. His almond-shaped eyes and neck are like the ant’s, and either the serpent or the vulture on his uraeus resembles the ant’s mandibles. He also has spindly arms and legs like those of the ant, and his upper body resembles the ant’s thorax while his lower body mirrors the ant’s abdomen. Akhenaten’s body type can be specifically compared to the Pharaoh Ant (Momomorium pharaonis), which originated in West Africa. It also has an elongated head, a yellow to reddish brown body, and a darker abdomen with a stinger.

Here's a curious comment left by a reader on that webpage:
How interesting that during the two periods of cataclysmic destruction, the Hopi say they were guided to the Ant People and safety by following "an odd shaped cloud" by day and a "moving star" at night. In the biblical Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan, they were said to be guided through the desert by a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night.

I'd also recommend reading the comment (near the bottom of the page) by the person who claims to have met the Ant People.
Source

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I have noticed that areas with large aquifers tend to have more 'activity.' However, some of the strangest I have ever personally encountered are the smaller, more localized areas. There are several in the front range mountains. Old growth areas with running water seem prime, but I won't list specific areas.
I'm not sure it works like that anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I think the weirdest thing I saw there was a cloud over the ocean at night, that had repeated lightning flashes inside of it. It was flickering with lightning in the same exact cloud in the same location for close to an hour. I've never seen lightning act like it was bottled up before. Now it could be a normal but rare weather phenomenon I'm just not aware of. But it was something I'd never seen before or since. There were flashes of lightning off and on in other locations around the night sky but that one cloud just kept going off like a lightning bug's rear.

I do hear Myrtle Beach has quite a few ufo sightings and other strange occurrences... although I cannot see much from my backyard because of the trees all around I have seen the flashes of light and found them to be strange because of the fact at the time there was no storms around. something strange is going on all over and have a feeling it will be happening more often.
The book I was referring you to she talks about how magnetic fields and how it connects to quartz and dead zones where it's hard to keep electronics working,cell phones,appliances and others.It is her theory and based in her education in many areas of research,it's fascinating to read about the possible ways in which they connect... she very well could be right. she also speaks of portals that are connected to this phenomenon and has located and seen one on her property.
so far this summer has been wild we have had sever thunderstorms everyday and my house has been hit twice by lightening not to mention the heat that has been unbearable. The orb I saw was the strangest thing I've seen so far it was the size of a basketball moving slowly over my neighbors house it was yellowish on the rim and bright white in the middle...it was rather exciting to see something like that.

edit on 3-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

My story would not be "oh my god, that's so scary" type... But if you'd be in place of me you'd probably cry out.

So there was this some kinda attack in a an army school in some place in India (as I'm from there), all the children were killed and the school was a pool or say an 'ocean' of blood and shreds of paper and cardboards, clothes etc scattered around and stuff. I read its coulums in the newspaper and I was more than terrified. That night I was wide awake because of the streetlight's light comin' from that window in my room. A little light in a dark, big room (and I sleep alone). So while I was just thinking something, my sight went to some sort of creepy creature kinda thing and guess what...it was sitting right at the corner of the room, exactly where my bed was kept. Basically it was right BESIDE me. I'm not so terrified of 'ghost' things as long at its on the next person, but this....

So, as I was too scared, I BARELY moved, not even the small finger of the hand could move. It felt like I was all jammed from the inside and the outside. So as I was telling, it was a dark, black creature and it was not of any less size than two men combined together. I couldn't see its face and suddenly....

He jumped out the place he was sitting and ran away towards my washroom door, and as soon as he was about to go in the washroom....he vanished... All of a sudden and how?

From that very day...for 2-4 days I kept seeing that 'creature' thing runnin' around my room. It also used to stare at me; I could even tell that he was staring when I was in sleep as sixth sense of humans can detect that already. Then suddenly on the next day it vanished forever. It never came again. Ever. How was that even possible?

I told my mom bout this but she said that I've been watching too many horror flicks and it has made me 'crazy' and 'nuts'. She was like all those people currently reading this and not believing all that I'm sayin'...while some do...as they should. What would you do? Madhvi Singh

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They just legalized pot, sure there are going to be more people noticing strange lights.

The something in the air might be pot smoke.

Marijuana doesn't really create hallucinations except at very high doses or in a small subset of people. Moreover, the West Coast from Colorado west has been a highly saturated area in that regard since probably the 50's/60's. Nothing new since legalization.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm a long time resident of Northern New Mexico. I tend to believe any reports of high strangeness in "the Valley" 4corners etc. As a flyfishing guide and outfitter in that area; I had many unexplained events happen that scared the livin **** out of me. Sometimes it seemed high tech and other times religious and paranormal or an amalgamation of all 3. Nothing lately....

Ive spent a LOT of time in the 4 corners area, and traveled through countless times, Ive seen quite a bit of odd stuff around there......

The whole vibe of that region is different from anywhere else ive been in the US........

Last year I drove through with my ex, it was her first time in that area, I didnt mention anything about it really but she made several comments about how odd it felt around there, lol then I spilled the beans on the weirdness there........she drove a little faster come night fall

Yeah, I lived in Arizona for five years and went to Flagstaff and Sedona frequently. Sedona is the hotspot supposedly in Arizona for vortexes and all that. It was considered holy ground by the natives and off limits back in the day.

The area east of Flagstaff and up through the Navajo Nation does have an otherworldly vibe to it. This may be the terrain though. Not only is it remote but parts look like Mars or something.

My ex and I one time, as young hippies, decided to go to the vortexes in Sedona. We got one of the vortex maps that they have, lol, and went to one out in the mountains that was supposed to combine male and female energy in some way. My ex wanted to basically "go all the way" inside of this vortex, which I was hesitant to do. However, I did feel a great amount of emotion come up and even anger, which was really strange. So much so that we got in a big fight in the vortex.

A strange guy also showed up and tried to lead my girlfriend off to somewhere else.

That is the sum of my known vortex experience.

HOWEVER, the same ex and I were camping on the beach of Apache Lake which is deep in the mountains of eastern Arizona and on the old Apache land east of the Superstition Mountains (which are also sacred territory and have their own set of myths, legends, and even mysterious deaths).

We took a rental boat way out to a part of the lake only accessible via boat and parked at a remote beach.

We both saw a massive green orb fly across the sky from space to beyond the mountains across from us and disappear. It looked absolutely massive.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22Hi, sorry, I've been reading and catching up on older topics I missed on ATS during my absence.

I am going to actually debunk myself here! Talk about timing, too. For the SECOND time in my life I got to see a cloud in which lightning kept striking at the same locations within it. This was Monday evening. It was not raining or storming but when my family and I stepped out in the evening just a little past sunset there was a huge white cloud in the sky roughly over the old town where I used to live and it ended up moving to over Brinklow, Md by the time my husband looked for it on his weather radar app. It was going at this over an hour. There was no sound of thunder to accompany the Lightning and no cloud to ground strikes and no rain or wind so we cautiously continued our approximately 20 minute walk up and down our street. The cloud spread wider and wider before dispersing about an hour after we first saw it. In all that time the Lightning was consistently appearing within the far left side (east-ish)and far right side (west-ish) from our point of view. I don't think there were any lightning strikes in the middle but the middle did reflect the light from the bolts to either side.

I have seen "heat lightning" before that stayed inside clouds but with the exception of the cloud over the ocean and this one I have never seen lightning recur over and over such an extended period within one cloud. And almost in a pattern. In this cloud, left side, right side, left side. We got so we could anticipate the next light-up within the cloud. But it happened and there was nothing unusual accompanying it all.

So I guess that's a natural phenomenon after all and not odd in any way. It's just that in my almost 5 decades on this planet I have only gotten to see this happen twice, and same for my husband (he was half asleep and disinterested, but he did see the cloud I saw over the ocean) It's so weird it would happen right after I made my post. But I have posted about the first cloud I saw before on ATS, so I guess it's not that strange if you step back a bit.

I don't think it was entirely silent, by the way. There may have been faint rumbling from it but at the time we saw it there was a lot of truck noise going past the nearby highway so it would have been hard to discern. But there wasn't the usual noisy thunder we usually get with storms that have cloud to ground strikes. It was mostly a light show.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB
It's a shame you couldn't have stopped and gotten a closer look at that worm thing. But then again it might not have been safe to do so. What a strange story. There is something vaguely familiar about the creature, though. I'm going to have to dig through the cryptozoology forum and see if I can find anything on it. That's funny that it appeared to be different colors to different observers. Perhaps the "dress that broke the internet" was made from the hide of such a creature.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 12345678910 That sounds like some people's accounts of a shadow being. My own personal run-ins with them when I am fully awake have not had them ever lurk in one place but be in constant scurrying. The one exception was a winged one that seemed to have been hanging from my bedroom ceiling like a bat until it moved and I looked up at the motion before it dived down over me and disappeared as I screamed and ducked over my baby whose diaper I was changing. I think that one had been there a bit before I noticed it.

But many people's accounts differ. Many report interacting with them or seeing some that appear to have hats or clothes or glowing red eyes. I don't know what to think of them myself but I think they seem tied to locations for the most part. Or they originate at certain locations. Otherwise I'd think I'd see them everywhere, and I haven't. Thank goodness. Do. Not. Want.

edit on 8-7-2015 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Messed up formatting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join