It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Max: Fury Road - review.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I recently watched the new movie Mad Max Fury Road and wanted to write a little review to tell you that you have to watch this movie!!!

I enjoyed the 3 road warrior movies that came before but Fury Road surpasses those by a long shot.

Fury road doesn't have much of a story but mostly because there just isn't any room for one. What it lacked in plot it made up for in the detailed environment, sets and props and created a whole mad max universe to boot. There is simply so much going on it this movie that I could watch it 10 times and still notice new things. My eyes literately felt like they were going to burst into flames, yeah that good.

The vehicles are hands down the best apocalyptic based vehicles I have ever witnessed! Most of them are powered by more then one power-plant, either, side by side or end to end V-8's and they are super-turbo charged(turbos and superchargers working together). and yes they are 100% functional. In one scene one of the "war boys" is told that engine 1 is down and needs to be fixed, I assume they are doing major engine repairs on the fly, awesome!

I also liked the terminology, a black thumb is someone that is proficient in mechanical repair. Aqua-cola is water, and guzzoline is, well you get the idea.

Then the way that the main army operates is very similar to modern military, with call outs, affirmations, chain of command and discipline. The army has some crazy beliefs though, that of the ancient vikings. They seem to believe that they go to some V-8 themed Valhalla and even need to spray paint their mouth and teeth chome before they sacrifice themselves for the cause, so they will be shiny and chome when they arrive to the afterlife.

Oh and guitar guy, ohhhh yeah! Every regimen needs something to march to, more like drive to, and the war boys are no different. there is this huge truck with 20 guy's beating on drums in the back. In front above the cab is about 100 misc speakers and one crazy looking war boy with an electric guitar riffing out power chords on a double necked flame throwing guitar,suspended on bungee cords, for good morale of course.

All in all Mad Max: Fury road is a no holds barred acton packed movie that should definitely not be missed. I highly recommend it!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Great review. This is one movie that needs to be seen on the big screen with a good surround sound system.
Flawless cgi, great characters, and an unparalleled art department, set dec, props, kickass stunts, great show.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was tickled by how they harvest the type-O negatives for blood.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Shiny and chrome brothers, witness me!!!

Any movie needs more doof warrior

edit on 29-6-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Heh,I'm a big fan of Mad Max,and Road warrior,but thunderdome was a stinker...I'm looking forward to buying the Fury road DvD..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
it was good but i felt it was more about charlize theron than tom hardy as max.
she had more screen time. more lines. she got the big kill at the end.

it was a goof flick though.

the dude ripping on the guitar was awesome

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Shiny and chrome brothers, witness me!!!

Any movie needs more doof warrior

Agreed!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I honestly hated Tom Hardy, I wished the would have gone with someone else. But who says it always has to be about max, he had 3 movies focusing on him so I was willing to accept a new charter.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

That's how Mad Max works. These movies aren't about Max Rockatansky, so to say. They're not following a character-driven plot arc centered on him. Rather, Max is the focal point for the camera as a story unfolds around him.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hey thanks planning on doing any more reviews? I would like to know about the new terminator that's out

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi

I like your review.
Most remakes I have watched have never given me the same feeling as the original.
Ive not been disapointed, more like it felt that it lacked that certain oomph.

originally posted by: bananashooter
There is simply so much going on it this movie that I could watch it 10 times and still notice new things. My eyes literately felt

Im still like that with robocop since a 10 year old nearly 30 years later lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The guitarist and the drummers was brilliant.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

Have not seen it yet but I will try.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I saw that last night. I was disappointed that they had a new actor playing Max but it was still a good movie.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

There is a theory he is actually the feral kid of mad max 2, because he plays with the music box and don't speak too much, he is also too young compared to those that survived what ever happened in mad max world (immortan joe and the rest)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Ooh, I like that theory. I didn't even think about that.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I loved the movie Mad Max: Fury Road, but didn't like the female protagonist being the central figure. The producer did a bait and switch in the trailers with Max(Hardy) being the hero and when you see the film it Charlie Therion being the heroic figure.

It needed another Lord Humongous. He was an imposing 80's villain.

As for the guitar playing guy on the truck, he should've wore a schoolboy cap and shorts like Angus Young from Australia's AC/DC fame. A sort of the tip of the cap to Angus(yes, the pun was intended).

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Mad Max Fury was WEAK.

Just got done watching it.

As to Charlize Theron?

Don't have anything nice to say about someone who dates/d Sean Penn.
edit on 11-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well that's just like your opinion man.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think this is just one of those movies that HAS to be seen on the big screen. I have a huge TV and a nice sound system, but I wasn't blown away. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great, but I'm sure the theater experience would have been better. (and obviously, since it isn't out on DVD, the quality was probably part of this....)

new topics

top topics

join