It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is going to happen tomorrow that hasn’t happened in over 2,000 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Wow, this is funny. I was just wondering what those objects in the sky were, and took a picture of them. I was even going to post it and ask about them.

I noticed them on the highway, wondering why I never noticed a planet so bright in the sky. ..or 2 planets in the sky so close together. There were no stars visible around them either which made the sight even more startling.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Wow, this is funny. I was just wondering what those objects in the sky were, and took a picture of them. I was even going to post it and ask about them.

I noticed them on the highway, wondering why I never noticed a planet so bright in the sky. ..or 2 planets in the sky so close together. There were no stars visible around them either which made the sight even more startling.

People these days aren't looking up at the sky enough, they usually have their faces glued to their iPhone screens.

Venus, the dazzlingly bright planet that can be seen near the horizon just after sunset or before sunrise, has been known since antiquity.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was literally just noticing this a few minutes ago, Monday evening June 29th, and thinking: when was the last time I saw Venus and Jupiter so apparently close together -- evidently never, unless it was in a prior life.

Thx for the thread

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We're fresh out of virgins and wise men.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What makes this month's Venus-Jupiter conjunction rather special is how unusually close they will approach each other.

Interestingly, there is also a 24-year cycle for Venus-Jupiter conjunctions associated with their sidereal revolution periods:

So after 24 years, the circumstances of a particular Venus-Jupiter conjunction will appear to repeat under almost identical conditions:

But such 24-year cycles cannot go on forever, mainly because Venus cannot stray more than 47 degrees from the sun. Eventually, the two planets must break off and go their separate ways. That's why in early July of 2039, the two planets will get no closer than 8 degrees from each other in the evening sky; Venus will not be able to travel far enough to the east of the sun in order to reach Jupiter.

So not only is this month's Venus-Jupiter pairing the closest in this particular 24-year cyclic pattern, it is also the last.

source

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The call is out to astrophotographers to capture both planets tonight in one frame, with them appearing more than just bright dots of light. I think they are close enough together to appear as a disc and a crescent in the same frame.

Stellarium screenshot:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
Sweet. But where will I find the wise men?

Well, you won't find them in Washington DC!

With our uncharacteristically clear skies in Washington state right now, this should look amazing. Haven't been doing too much stargazing lately though due to the stifling heat around here, but I'll make sure to go outside and check this out though.

edit on 30-6-2015 by tallcool1 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's fascinating, I love these planetary and solar "events".

Things our ancestors praised and celebrated in joy for..

I've been watching these two dance in the night sky over the month, wish I had a great camera/equipment to take photos of this.

Thanks for sharing, for awareness. Maybe people will get outside for some moments and away from any rectangular screens

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

So will Jesus be reincarnated or come back from heaven?

No.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Never trust any word with the first 3 letters con in front.

Confidence Trick

Sincerely
Prime Creator

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Cloudy tonight.

Shuck and other comments.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Are we forgetting, that the Jesus birth story was made up years later to retrospectively fulfil a prophecy in the Book of Micah about the Messiah and that the Romans didn't have a census requiring his parents to be in Bethlehem at the time he was supposed to have been born there

The story is derived from the book of Luke which was written 80-100 CE, and there is evidence that it was still being substantially revised well into the 2nd century

the census of Quirinius took place in 6 CE
The book of Luke claims that Herod was still alive when Jesus was born, when he actually died in 4 CE

So this conjunction is kinda meaningless, and that's even if you do accept that Jesus existed

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We can consult the Babylonians as to how they viewed Jupiter-Venus conjugations, this gives some support to it having been an important sign in Christian tradition as it could refer to the death of Kings and the star of the wise men of course concerned Herod and a King being born to replace him.

What makes the conjugation fairly interesting is that it takes place between Leo and Cancer, the traditional point in Egypt were the old year ended and the New one was born at the point of the summer solstice, were Regulus was the sign of Kingship.

By the beginning of August it is Mercury that has moved into close relationship with Jupiter and Regulus, they form a little triad, but may be too close to the Sun to be visible, such are the auguries.
edit on Kam731181vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday0131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I was looking at the moon at around 1:30 in the morning 2 days ago it was really big in comparison to other time I've seen it. I was curious if anyone else had noticed this it was big 3/4 full big and orange/yellow. the only time I have seen it that color and size is at a full moon when it first rises...it was odd to me but maybe someone can explain what I saw.
anyway cool pics are you going to take more when they are closer together?...I would love to see them.
also coincidence or not ? I'm reading a book by Delores Cannon called "Jesus and the Essenes" where she has regressed some who was in the Essene's community and speaking about the coming of the Messiah I'm only half through it but is a good book so far.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

I was looking at the moon at around 1:30 in the morning 2 days ago it was really big in comparison to other time I've seen it. I was curious if anyone else had noticed this it was big 3/4 full big and orange/yellow. the only time I have seen it that color and size is at a full moon when it first rises...it was odd to me but maybe someone can explain what I saw.

This was because the Moon was low above the horizon (as it happens on summer nights when the ecliptic is also low above the horizon). The seemingly large size was due to the "moon illusion", and the orange/yellow colour was due to scattering of light by the atmosphere, same reason the setting/rising Sun looks orange/yellow.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: TWILITE22

This was because the Moon was low above the horizon (as it happens on summer nights when the ecliptic is also low above the horizon). The seemingly large size was due to the "moon illusion", and the orange/yellow colour was due to scattering of light by the atmosphere, same reason the setting/rising Sun looks orange/yellow.

I thought that the "moon illusion" was only when it first rises and this was 1:30 in the morning that was what threw me off...I guess that's not the case ... it was beautiful though I will try to get out tonight to see the star and hopefully get a picture of it.
edit on 1-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
The call is out to astrophotographers to capture both planets tonight in one frame, with them appearing more than just bright dots of light. I think they are close enough together to appear as a disc and a crescent in the same frame.

And we have a winner! www.facebook.com...

It's incredible to consider that Venus is approximately 76 million km from us, while Jupiter is at a whopping 910.5 million km!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Lovely! I was worried that the difference in albedo and the amount of sunlight per unit area would make the surfae brightness of Venus too much to get a good exposure of both worlds together. In other words, I was concerned that if Venus was a properly exposed to show a crescent, Jupiter's moons would be under-exposed and not visible; and if the Jovian system was properly exposed, Venus would be too over-exposed to see a crescent.

Great job! That's a photo-of-a-lifetime!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
Very curious as to why this is called the star of Bethlehem?

It is true that a bright light that manifested as a star appeared to astrologers in the east and slowly lead them to Jerusalem (not Bethlehem).

When the astrologers got to Jerusalem the king, Herod, secretly talked with them to ascertain the time-period they followed the "star," which conveniently lead them to get into contact with him. And he schemed to murder the child without their knowledge. And told them to find the location Jesus in Bethlehem (after he consulted with the religious leaders, and they read the prophesies in Holy Scripture and ascertained that the birth would be in Bethlehem), so he could go do obeisance to him.

After which this satanic manifestation finally lead them directly over the very house where the child Jesus was living (no star in the sky is going to lead you directly over a certain house perhaps a thousand miles away). Also, notice it did not lead them to where Jesus was born, he was a young child by then.

And then God warned the astrologers not to return to Herod, and thus they gave him the slip. And Herod, in a rage after realizing they were not returning, murdered all the children of the area, two years and younger, ascertaining that age of Jesus, by how long those astrologers had followed their demonic light to him in a ploy by Satan to get the child murdered.

Then Jehovah God warned Joseph to flee to Egypt before Herod had a chance to murder the child.

In any event, it is obvious that this supernatural light was not angelic. The angels appeared to shepherds in the fields the night in October Jesus was born, and they went to praise the one who is to bring salvation to mankind.

This astronomical event appears that it is going to last a lot shorter than two years.

or it's just two planets.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

what in the world ? that is hella awesome picture
is it real ? did u take it sorry maybe u explained I am just stunned atm

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join