It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacked out Super Cobra helicopter flying over my house.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But, but....No visible tail numbers and armament still attached?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

You aren't required to have a tail number visible from the ground. Regulations are that you have three inch numbers denoting tge registration number, not that it be visible from the ground.

I knew a guy that flew a Cobra for a company that had one. To make it look better, they mocked up some weapons and hung them. The pylons and hard points are still there.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
All month in California there's been military activities chinooks flying at 2 am over a suburb flashing the houses down below, had an unidentified heli last night do similar things. Unfortunately we really have nothing to base this off as far as unusual. Government isn't mentioning anything so we just gotta keep looking up.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's a fact that various intelligence agencies use conspiracy websites to have a brief perusal and perhaps identify potential 'persons of interest'. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you've spoken to somebody whether it be in person or online about a 'conspiracy' theory which isn't, hence you've attracted some unwanted attention. MUFON files are full of cases like this.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Maybe AH1s but NOT SuperCobras.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTM

You really think so, why the hell would they care?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you can snap a pic of a dark painted Super Cobra that would be VERY interesting.
edit on 29-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You got to remember that this is annual training time for the NGs. They pack as much flying time in their two weeks as they can! They fly day and night and in all types of weather. I would bet that it's most likely a flight crew just F**king off. When my unit went to camp UFO reports rose in the area especially at night when we dropped flairs.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I have a camera ready now, so if it comes back I will. If you never hear from me again then tell my story.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

But were you allowed to fly a hundred feet off the ground above houses? That tends to make people uneasy when they see that sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

In helicopters, all that the pilot has to do is insure he can make a safe landing in an emergency. In an airplane, you must maintain 500 feet from houses or people. Over densely populated areas it's 2000 feet unless you're landing.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Unless he's doing a DEA mission and needs to see plants with IR or something.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Reminds me of once I drove to a natural area at night for no particular reason.
There was a Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion that did overflights of the area from a local military airstrip, for whatever reasons.
When I got out of the car I heard the distinctive wump wump wump very loud coming directly toward me at about 300 feet up.
I thought "#, how do they even know I am here and what is the reason the are zeroing in on me"? I turned of the car lights and turned off the engind and waited, The 'copter hovered over me for about 5-10 minutes. My best guess is that they were using me for target practice during some simulation. Must have had FLEER as well. Commonly these types of copters have electronics eaves dropping equipment and I suspect they are mapping communications networks or picking up communications of interest to the military which would technically be illegal as it is surveillance of the civilian population during peacetime and not under martial law.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Okay that's a little spooky. Pretending you were a terrorist, I bet.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There are a lot of AH-1 airframes in civilian and local government ownership.

Red Bull has a fleet of them.

Redbull AH-1

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Roy scheider sends his apologies.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Yeah only because red bull it teaming up with the US govt. for Jade Helm. They are supplying energy drinks to the solders for extended operations. JK.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I bet if you had giving a thumbs up you`d be treated with a private airshow. I personally think the dual bladed Whiskey models sounded better than the newer Zulu Super Snakes. Regardless Cobras are deadly creatures and you are lucky to be alive after such a close encounter.

That reminded me of a question Ive had for awhile, should a civilian have a military aircraft like a Cobra or other high performance aircraft, fixed wing or rotary, where could they go to fly it? I know there are several civilian owners of Migs and at least one F-86, just wondering if there is a place you can turn and burn in one.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

As long as you stay in VFR areas, just about anywhere.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Its been awhile since reading FAR 91, but after a quick review it appears the Cobra pilot was within regs in operating their aircraft as the OP stated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join