It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisia attack: Essex nurse claims second gunman was firing at the height of hotel shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Not just a nurse, but a nurse and a retired cop from the UK as well. Both recall seeing a second man wearing red swim trunks also shooting tourists during the attack.

Those who participated in the first thread about this may recall that I posted an update from the Tunisian interior ministry that said they were chasing a second gunman and engaged in a running gun battle with him.

But now....there's only one gunman, and Tunisian authorities are investigating who may have helped, but not participated with, the gunman in carrying out his attack.

To some degree I'm willing to chalk up the second shooter reports to initial confusion but we have the updates from the interior ministry couple with rather specific and detailed witness claims. The former carries more weight to me than the latter, but the two elements combined raises an eyebrow when the current story line is trotted out.

So...was there another gunman? If so, what happened to him? If not, who was shooting people with a handgun? Curiouser and curiouser....

www.independent.co.uk... 05.html

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Not just a nurse, but a nurse and a retired cop from the UK as well. Both recall seeing a second man wearing red swim trunks also shooting tourists during the attack.

Those who participated in the first thread about this may recall that I posted an update from the Tunisian interior ministry that said they were chasing a second gunman and engaged in a running gun battle with him.

But now....there's only one gunman, and Tunisian authorities are investigating who may have helped, but not participated with, the gunman in carrying out his attack.

To some degree I'm willing to chalk up the second shooter reports to initial confusion but we have the updates from the interior ministry couple with rather specific and detailed witness claims. The former carries more weight to me than the latter, but the two elements combined raises an eyebrow when the current story line is trotted out.

So...was there another gunman? If so, what happened to him? If not, who was shooting people with a handgun? Curiouser and curiouser....

www.independent.co.uk... 05.html

That would put an interesting twist on this story. I would have a hard time that anyone could be wrong about seeing someone in red swim trunks firing an AK into a crowd. The known shooter was wearing all black I believe, so to confuse a person wearing red, or making that person up in general, would be strange.

Even if there was a second shooter, unless someone got him on film in one of the many videos/pictures taken during the attack, I doubt we will ever know.

Nice find!

ETA working source link....Source
edit on 6/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Saw the interview with the cop this morning on the BBC he was just walking on the beach just in red shorts with a rifle.
My heart broke when I heard about the lad who jumped in front of the bullets to save his girlfreind then told her he loved her and to run....he died yesterday
broke my heart.
Horrid and RIP to them all.

Also they have to have had people bringing them to the resort by car or something so this was more than a couple in fact it is a conspiracy.
edit on 29-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Saw the interview with the cop this morning on the BBC he was just walking on the beach just in red shorts with a rifle.
My heart broke when I heard about the lad who jumped in front of the bullets to save his girlfreind then told her he loved her and to run....he died yesterday
broke my heart.
Horrid and RIP to them all.

Also they have to have had people bringing them to the resort by car or something so this was more than a couple in fact it is a conspiracy.

The stories I read said he came by boat, possibly a tourist boat.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Also....in the OP source...It would be hard to imagine that nurse was incorrect as it said:

He was shooting women in the legs and men in the head and he stepped back over her a couple of times – but she played dead.

So she had a very up close and personal view of the shooter that shot her, and apparently with a handgun.

After being killed by the police, the attacker, Mr Rezgui, was said to have used an AK-47 – but Ms Murray says she was shot at with a smaller handgun.

edit on 6/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe he changed his dress to look like a second shooter (causing more trouble for authorities later), or changed dress in an effort to throw off a description of the suspect.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Tunisian police have just announced arrests have been made.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ahhh but there's a picture of him walking down a street shortly before he was killed, still all in black and carrying his AK.

I thought that was a possibility as well, but I think I remember (think being the operative word) there's a picture of him after he was killed still in all black. I'll try to find it but not sure if it's okay to post if I do find it.

@ vasa - that's my sticking point. The police reported they were chasing a second person and it was an active shoot out situation. How do you get it wrong that you're being shot at by a second person when one is already dead? Or was he not dead yet? Plus the witness accounts are pretty detailed. This isn't the standard "might be a white/black/Hispanic male between 5'0 and 6'4 could be skinny but might be fat" witness statements.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

…there's a picture of him after he was killed still in all black.

Maybe he showed up in red?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Ahhh but there's a picture of him walking down a street shortly before he was killed, still all in black and carrying his AK.

I thought that was a possibility as well, but I think I remember (think being the operative word) there's a picture of him after he was killed still in all black. I'll try to find it but not sure if it's okay to post if I do find it.

@ vasa - that's my sticking point. The police reported they were chasing a second person and it was an active shoot out situation. How do you get it wrong that you're being shot at by a second person when one is already dead? Or was he not dead yet? Plus the witness accounts are pretty detailed. This isn't the standard "might be a white/black/Hispanic male between 5'0 and 6'4 could be skinny but might be fat" witness statements.

Still in all black when shot..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Found the picture of the dead gunman, definitely still all in black. Not going to post it as it's probably too graphic for t&c but it's definitely out there if anybody cares to look for it.

@ intrptr - there's pics and video of him at the waterline in all black so I don't think so. That'd be a quick change and lots of witnesses.

Plot twist - all the lifeguards appear to be in red shorts. Hmm?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yeah I saw a pic of his body and he still had black on.
The ex coppers statement said the guy in red shorts had nothing on his feet or top so I doubt he got changed into the black stuff and put his boots on mid killing spree.

Oh and good news Matthew James did survive
I was told that he died.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Reading this though

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I heard about this one women who was shot in both legs say it was the second gunman,the weapon was a hand gun I believe, let me go find the link
edit on 103030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Found the picture of the dead gunman, definitely still all in black. Not going to post it as it's probably too graphic for t&c but it's definitely out there if anybody cares to look for it.

@ intrptr - there's pics and video of him at the waterline in all black so I don't think so. That'd be a quick change and lots of witnesses.

Plot twist - all the lifeguards appear to be in red shorts. Hmm?

Yeah, I noticed the lifeguards in red shorts as well. Odd that her story doesn't say if the person was wearing a shirt or anything. Wouldn't that be a crazy plot twist. I could see it though....have an "insider". Call them on the day of the attack and they tell you where the largest number of tourist beachgoers are located....I mean, how could he know if he just pulled up? Had to be someone directing him to them or giving him intel on the area prior to getting there.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thing is wouldn't the Tunisians say there was just one gunman If the guy got away and they have no clue where or who he is?.
I dunno?.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Was there a second gunman in ‘red shorts’ on massacre beach? Two British survivors insist there was another shooter in Tunisia rampage as police announce several arrests

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 3eSsFgg5L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He claims this man, dressed in red swimming shorts, was holding an automatic rifle and shooting the tourists along with the gunman in dark clothing.
The eye witness's account suggests that the gunman was not a 'lone wolf' as current reports state.
His account is backed up to an extent by Kirsty Murray, who was shot in both legs by a man she says was not Rezgui in a hotel corridor.
But she says it was not an automatic rifle, like Rezgui was using, but a smaller weapon.
Her father Neil said: ‘She believes there were at least two gunmen because she was shot at close range with a handgun.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 3eSs5ctgm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 103030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thing is wouldn't the Tunisians say there was just one gunman If the guy got away and they have no clue where or who he is?.
I dunno?.

Well.....she was inside when shot. The gunman apparently corralled everyone towards the hotel....if there was a second shooter inside already waiting, and killed all the others, then there would be nobody that could have seen him other than a survivor of him shooting them.

The story has this guy using grenades and an AK, yet having it all in a fairly small looking bag. He was dressed in beach attire as well. I see the possibility of a second person being involved as being highly probable. If so, I would not be surprised to learn of others that may have gotten cold feet.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Entirely possible. Lost the guy in the back streets, but they're still conducting a huge search anyway so why say it's specifically for a gunman and not just an associate?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He says rifle, she says hand gun...

So it had to be two guys in red shorts...

If the bullet(s) are still in her leg(s) then surely ballistics will determine if there was a hand gun.

But in all honesty, this doesn't sound like a one man job, sounds like a group effort.
edit on 29-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

Edit: Further more, wouldn't there be a huge difference between entry wounds of a hand gun and a rifle?

edit on 29-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

surely ballistics will determine

True

top topics

<<   2 >>

join